IAS Eligibility Criteria
IAS Eligibility Criteria details are available here!!! Indian Administrative Service is one of the premier career choice for Indian nationals so those who aspire to appear in IAS Exam, may check qualification required for IAS through this page. Applicants, who want to become an IAS Officer by clearing the entrance exam, may get the updated details like Qualification Required for Indian Administrative Service Examination from below segment of this page. We’re also trying to collect more information regarding IAS Eligibility Criteria 2017 so you may bookmark our web portal to get instant access.
Yearly, Indian Administrative Service exam conducts by Union Public Service Commission for selecting the qualified and result oriented aspirants for Civil Services of state government and public sector responsibility. Contenders may read remaining information about IAS Eligibility Criteria from below segment of this page which is developed by team of recruitmentresult.com.
This Page Includes:
- IAS Eligibility Criteria
- Required Qualification
- Age Limitation
- Number of attempts
IAS Eligibility Criteria
- For the IAS (Indian Administrative Service) and the Indian Police Service (IPS), a candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For other services, a candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- Provided further that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c) and (d) above will not be eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
Check Here: UPSC Notifications
Qualification Required For IAS Entrance Test:
- An applying contender should have a degree of any of the Universities integrated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be a Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956, or an equivalent qualification.
- Aspirants who are waiting for results of final year examination are also eligible to apply for the Preliminary Examination but; they are invented to submit proof of passing the requisite qualification along with Detailed Application Form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.
Complete Information: IAS Application Form
- Age limitations of the candidate should be liable in between 21 to 32 years as on 1st July of the year of examination.
- Age relaxation will also be provided for the SC/ST/OBC candidates as per the government rules as shown in below provided tables.
|Category Wise||Max Age In Years|
|Other Backwards Castes (OBC)||35 Years|
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST)||37 Years|
|Physically disabled candidates (Blind, Deaf-Mute, orthopedic)||37 Years|
|Disabled servicemen disabled from duty||
Get Details: IAS Exam Pattern
Aspirants who belong to Jammu and Kashmir have been offered additional age relaxation and have also been exempted from the bars/limitation of attempts.
Number of Attempts:
|Category Wise||Number of Attempts Allowed|
|Other Backwards Castes (OBC)||09 Attempts|
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST)||Till the Age limit|
|Physically disabled candidates (Blind, Deaf-Mute, orthopedic)||
|Disabled servicemen disabled from duty||Up to the Age limit|
Want to Know IAS Syllabus:- Press Here
Applicants above provided updated information on IAS Eligibility Criteria 2017 are helpful to apply for upcoming IAS Entrance Exam. Union Public Service Commission take up verification of eligibility conditions with orientation to original documents only after the applicants has eligible for Interview/ Personality Test.
Read Here: Interview Preparation Tips
So dear visitors you may also subscribe the free email service of our portal recruitmentresult.com for latest updates. You can also check 21 Resources to help you become IAS Officer or if you want to send your feedback related to this page, you can also leave us a comment in the box below.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On