IAS Eligibility Criteria
To crack IAS exam and to become and IAS officer is the dream of many candidates. SO, check here IAS Eligibility Criteria including attempts for exam, age requirements for all categories of candidates (Gen/OBC/SC/ST). Candidates fulfilling UPSC IAS Eligibility Conditions can apply for Civil Services Exam 2021.
|Name of Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Name of Exam||Civil Services Exam (IAS/IPS)|
|IAS Application Form||Feb 2021|
|IAS Last Date||March 2021|
|IAS Pre Exam Date||May 2021|
|IAS Main Exam Date||Available soon|
|CDS Helpline Numbers||011-23098543, 23385271, 23381125|
IAS Eligibility Criteria
To participate in IAS Exam 2021 aspirants has to ensure all IAS Eligibility norms as laid down by UPSC. Applications of ineligible applicants will be rejected by the UPSC, so before proceeding to apply must confirm IAS Eligibility.
Union Public Service Commission take up verification of eligibility conditions with orientation of documents after applicants declared eligible for Interview/ Personality Test. Check complete IAS Eligibility Criteria 2021 provide by team of recruitmentresult.com.
IAS Eligibility Criteria
IAS Nationality Criteria
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For other services, a candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- Provided further that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c) and (d) above will not be eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
Check Here: UPSC Notifications
What Is IAS Qualification Criteria?
Contenders should have Graduation degree in any discipline from Universities integrated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be a Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956, or an equivalent qualification.
Aspirants waiting for results of final year examination can apply for Preliminary Examination such candidates have to submit proof of passing requisite qualification along with Detailed Application Form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.
IAS Jobs Age Limits
Candidates willing to apply for Indian Administrative Service Examination must have age in between 21 to 32 years as on 1st July of the year of examination.
Complete Information: IAS Application Form
Upper Age Relaxation
|Category Wise||Max Age In Years|
|Other Backwards Castes (OBC)||35 Years|
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST)||37 Years|
|Physically disabled candidates (Blind, Deaf-Mute, orthopedic)||37 Years|
|Disabled servicemen disabled from duty|
Aspirants who belong to Jammu and Kashmir have been offered additional age relaxation and have also been exempted from the bars/limitation of attempts
Get Details: IAS Exam Pattern
Number of Attempts
Union Public Service Commission has stipulated Number of Attempts limits for each category. One can appear for exam as per their limits.
|Category Wise||Number of Attempts|
|Other Backwards Castes (OBC)||09 Attempts|
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST)||Till the Age limit|
|Physically disabled candidates (Blind, Deaf-Mute, orthopedic)||General and OBC Candidates: 09 attempts|
SC/ST Candidates: Unlimited till age limit
|Disabled servicemen disabled from duty||Up to the Age limit|
Who are Non Eligible for IAS Exam 2021?
- Candidate already appointed for Indian Administrative Service (I.A.S) or Indian Foreign Service (I.F.S) on the results of earlier examination and continues to be member of that service are not be eligible.
- If candidate appointed for IAS/IFS after conduction of IAS Prelims such applicants will continue to be member of that service and he/she shall not be eligible.
- If candidate appointed for IAS or IFS after he/she sits for IAS Mains before the announcement of IAS Exam Result thereof and continues to be member of that service, he/she shall not be eligible.
Download From Here: IAS Exam Syllabus
UPSC IAS Selection Procedure
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Preliminary Examination based on IAS Application form filled in by appliers. Prelims Exam includes two mandatory papers having 200 marks each. Exam is of qualifying in nature.
- After qualify pre exam applicants will be called for Mains Examination which includes 09 papers of conventional type out of them 02 are qualifying in nature. Thereafter candidates have to appear for Personal Interview.
- At last candidates will be shortlisted for personal interview round and document verification round. Candidates will be selected taking into consideration their overall performance.
Get Best Answer: How To Become An IAS Officer
Applicants who want to grab more details related to IAS Eligibility Criteria 2021 may go through this Official Link. Candidates can bookmark this web portal by tapping CTRL+D to attain upcoming latest updates.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|IAS Previous Year Papers||IAS Cut Off|
|IAS Study Materials and Books||IAS Officer Salary|
|IAS Coaching Centers in India||IAS Preparation Tips|
|IAS Toppers Interview Questions||UPSC IAS Result|