IAS Eligibility Criteria
Union Public Service Commission is going to conduct Examination for Civil Services. So candidates who are preparing for IAS Exam shall check IAS Eligibility Criteria before applying. Candidates can check Qualification Required/Age Limitation/Nationality for Civil Services from this single page. Candidates who want to grab this opportunity can also download the same from the official website of Union Public Service Commission that is upsc.gov.in. To attain more information regarding IAS Eligibility Criteria 2018 candidate can go through this page.
Highlights Of This Page:
Union Public Service Commission will invite applications to recruit captivated candidates to fill the vacant post. Interested candidates can apply against IAS Notification on or before 06/03/2018. After applying candidates have to prepare yourself for IAS Preliminary Exam which is going to be held on 03/06/2018. Candidates who qualify Preliminary Examination then will have to appear for Mains Examination on 01/10/2018. So candidates shall apply as soon as possible. For more details regarding IAS Eligibility Criteria 2018 candidate may scroll down this page which is well constructed by the team of recruitmentresult.com.
IAS Eligibility Criteria
- For the IAS (Indian Administrative Service) and the Indian Police Service (IPS), a candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For other services, a candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- Provided further that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c) and (d) above will not be eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
Check Here: UPSC Notifications
Qualification Required For IAS Entrance Test:
- An applying contender should have a degree of any of the Universities integrated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be a Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956, or an equivalent qualification.
- Aspirants who are waiting for results of final year examination are also eligible to apply for the Preliminary Examination but; they are invented to submit proof of passing the requisite qualification along with Detailed Application Form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.
Complete Information: IAS Application Form
- Age limitations of the candidate should be liable in between 21 to 32 years as on 1st July of the year of examination.
- Age relaxation will also be provided for the SC/ST/OBC candidates as per the government rules as shown in below provided tables.
|Category Wise||Max Age In Years|
|Other Backwards Castes (OBC)||35 Years|
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST)||37 Years|
|Physically disabled candidates (Blind, Deaf-Mute, orthopedic)||37 Years|
|Disabled servicemen disabled from duty|
Get Details: IAS Exam Pattern
For selection in Indian Administrative Services, candidates have to follow some simple steps mentioned below:
- First of all candidates have to fill IAS application forms. Candidates will be shortlisted by the information mentioned in their application forms.
- After that candidates who get shortlisted have to appear for Preliminary Examination. It includes two mandatory papers having 200 marks each. This exam follows negative marking scheme. It is qualifying in nature.
- Now candidates who get shortlisted through Preliminary Examination then will be called for Mains Examination. It includes 09 papers of conventional type out of them 02 are qualifying in nature.
- Candidates who get shortlisted by Mains Examination then will be called for Personal Interview. This is done to check the capability of candidates to perform the job. This is done by selection panel of the commission.
- After that candidates who get shortlisted through personal interview then will be called for document verification. This is the last stage of selection procedure. Candidates will be selected taking into consideration their overall performance.
Aspirants who belong to Jammu and Kashmir have been offered additional age relaxation and have also been exempted from the bars/limitation of attempts.
Number of Attempts:
|Category Wise||Number of Attempts Allowed|
|Other Backwards Castes (OBC)||09 Attempts|
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST)||Till the Age limit|
|Physically disabled candidates (Blind, Deaf-Mute, orthopedic)|
|Disabled servicemen disabled from duty||Up to the Age limit|
Want to Know IAS Syllabus:- Press Here
Applicants above provided updated information on IAS Eligibility Criteria 2018 are helpful to apply for upcoming IAS Entrance Exam. Union Public Service Commission take up verification of eligibility conditions with orientation to original documents only after the applicants has eligible for Interview/ Personality Test.
To obtain more information regarding IAS Eligibility Criteria 2018 candidate may go through this Official Link. Candidates can also bookmark this web portal by tapping CTRL+D.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|IAS Previous Year Papers||IAS Cut Off|
|IAS Study Materials and Books||IAS Officer Salary|
|How To Become An IAS Officer||IAS Success Stories|
|IAS Coaching Centers in India||IAS Preparation Tips|
|IAS Toppers Interview Questions||Tips To Crack IAS Exam In First Attempt|