IAS Exam Pattern
Check IAS Exam Pattern For Prelims and Mains Exam In Hindi as well as in English Language from here. You may Download UPSC IAS Exam Pattern PDF also for availing complete details related to the structure of upcoming examination that is scheduled to be held on 02.06.2019 (Pre) and 20.09.2019 (Mains).
UPSC Exam Pattern of IAS carries the details regarding marking scheme, number of questions, duration of the exam and negative marking details. To acquire more factors related to Exam Pattern of IAS 2019, you need to check this page by moving your cursor downwards.
IAS Exam Pattern in Hindi
अंग्रेजी के साथ ही हिंदी भाषा में प्रीलिम और मेन परीक्षा के लिए आईएएस परीक्षा पैटर्न देखें। 02.06.2019 (प्री) और 20.09.2019 (मेन) पर होने वाली आगामी परीक्षा की संरचना से संबंधित पूर्ण विवरण प्राप्त करने के लिए आप यूपीएससी आईएएस परीक्षा पैटर्न पीडीएफ भी डाउनलोड कर सकते हैं।
यूपीएससी आईएएस परीक्षा पैटर्न और पाठ्यक्रम प्रतिभागियों के लिए सबसे महत्वपूर्ण अध्ययन सामग्री होना चाहिए। यूपीएससी आईएएस परीक्षा पैटर्न 2019 से संबंधित नीचे उल्लिखित विवरणों को देखने के लिए, इस पृष्ठ के माध्यम से जाएं जो recruitmentresult.com के टीम के सदस्य द्वारा बनाए गया है।
Overview Of IAS Exam 2019
|Organization Name||Union Public Service Commission|
|Name of the Exam|| Indian Administrative Service/|
Civil Services Examination
|Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2019 Notification||19.02.2019|
|Last date to submit IAS 2019 Online Application Form||18.03.2019|
|Civil Services Pre Exam Dates||02.06.2019 (SUNDAY)|
|Announcement of Preliminary Exam Result||August 2019|
|IAS Mains Exam Date||20.09.2019 (FRIDAY)|
|Announcement of Main Exam Result||January 2020|
|Notification for Interview||Feb/March of the following year|
|e-Summon||March/April of the following year|
|Personality Test/Interview||March/April of the following year|
|Interview Result||April-June of the following year|
UPSC IAS Exam Pattern 2019
Apart from IAS Exam Syllabus 2019, here we have provided the complete IAS Exam Pattern 2019 of Prelims and Mains Examination separately for your comfort. In order to grab more details about IAS Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern, you are suggested to scroll down this page.
IAS Prelims Exam Pattern 2019
- The Examination shall comprise of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each.
- Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions).
- The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33% .
- The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English according to the IAS Preliminary Exam Question Pattern.
- Blind candidates and the candidates with Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy where dominant (writing) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function (minimum of 40% impairment) will; however, be allowed an extra time of twenty minutes per hour for each paper as given in UPSC IAS Exam Pattern PDF.
|Number of Papers|| Two –|
|Number of Questions||Paper 1- 80; Paper 2-100|
|Question Paper Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|IAS Prelims Total Marks||400|
|Nature of Exam||Qualifying|
|Exam Duration||2 hours each, +20 minutes for blind students|
|Exam Language||English and Hindi|
Check Here: UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus
IAS Mains Exam Pattern 2019
- The papers on Indian languages and English (Paper A and paper B) will be of Matriculation or equivalent standard and will be of qualifying nature.
- The question papers (other than the literature of language papers) will be set in Hindi and English only.
- The Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination as mentioned in IAS Main Exam Question Pattern.
- Each paper is of 3 hours. 30 minutes are given extra to blind students.
- The exam will contain 7 papers as per IAS Exam Pattern Details.
- A candidate will be tested on the basis of their knowledge and understanding of the subject as mentioned in IAS Complete Exam Pattern.
- There would be two optional papers which the candidates would have to select.
|A||(One of the Indian languages listed below,|
to be selected by the candidate (from the
languages listed in the Eighth Schedule to
the Constitution of India) (Qualifying)
|II||General Studies I (Indian heritage and culture,|
history and geography of the world and society)
|III||General Studies II (Governance, constitution,|
polity, social justice, and international relations)
|IV||General Studies III (Technology,|
economic development, biodiversity,
environment, security and disaster management)
|V||General Studies-IV(ethics, integrity, and aptitude)||250|
|VIVII||Two papers on subjects to be selected by|
the candidate from the list of optional subjects
below (250 marks for each paper)
|Total (Written Test)||1750|
List of Optional Subjects
|List of Optional Subjects in IAS Mains|
|Geography||History||Political Science & International Relations|
|Commerce & Accountancy||Economics||Management|
|Public Administration||Sociology||Electrical Engineering|
|Animal Husbandry& Veterinary Science||Botany||Civil Engineering|
Read Also: UPSC IAS Mains Syllabus
IAS Exam Pattern for Personality Test 2019
- Qualified candidates in Mains Exam have to participate in Interview round.
- Psychometric Test, Assessment Test as well as the Personal Interview will include in this round.
- Mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, balance of judgement, variety and depth of interest, ability for social cohesion and leadership, intellectual and moral integrity are the qualities that will be judged by the Interviewer.
- Aspirants can answer the questions asked in Interview in language of choice.
- The interview will be graded for 275 marks.
- The total marks of IAS is 2025 marks
- Final selection of the contenders will be done on the basis of their performance in Interview/ Personality Test.
|Personal Interview||275 Marks|
|Grand Total ( for merit calculation)||2025 Marks|
Check Also: IAS Interview Questions
UPSC IAS Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
UPSC IAS Exam Pattern 2019 For Prelims/Mains With Marking Scheme is available at the beneath section for your comfort, so what are you waiting for? Go ahead as soon as possible:
Pattern of IAS Exam Prelims
- General Studies paper carries of 2 marks each as given in IAS Prelims Exam Pattern.
- Civil Service Aptitude Test paper carries 2.5 marks each.
- Candidates will have to score a minimum of33 % to qualify for the exam.
IAS Exam Pattern for Mains
- As per IAS Mains Exam Pattern, The total marks of the Mains Examination are 1750 marks.
- Each question will carry 2.5 marks.
- Candidates will be graded on basics of opinion, Content flow, understanding the problems/ situation, offering feasible solutions/strategies, presentation, and language
- Candidates can choose two optional papers as per UPSC Exam Pattern.
Have A Look Here
IAS Exam New Pattern & Negative Marking
- One-third (0.33) of the marks will be deducted as penalty.
- If a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happens to be correct and the penalty will be the same as mentioned above for that question.
- If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question as per Current IAS Exam Pattern.
Press Here: IAS Exam Pattern Download
IAS Exam Paper Pattern & Overall Analysis Details
IAS Exam Analysis 2018 – Overall Difficulty Level
|Papers||Expected Difficulty level|
|General Studies Paper 1||Moderate|
|General Studies Paper 2||Moderate to average|
|Overall||Moderate to average|
UPSC IAS Exam Pattern Details- Topic wise distribution of questions
|Topics||No. Of Qs.||Difficulty level|
|History/Art & Culture||15||Moderate|
|Science & Tech||8||Moderate|
|Geography & Agriculture||7||Moderate|
|Ecology & Environment||18||Moderate|
|MISC. GK/Current Affairs||27||Moderate|
UPSC IAS Paper Pattern 2019-Distribution of Questions
|Subjects||Topics||Number of Questions|
|Directions, Coding Decoding, Cubes||6|
|Misc. Math Reasoning||3|
|Quant||Numbers / Fractions||7|
|Averages / % ages||4|
|Time, Speed, Distance & Work||3|
|P&C, Probability, Sets||2|
|Profit and Loss||1|
|Clock and Calendar||3|
|Verbal||Critical Reasoning / Single Question RC||29|
|Two Question – RC (2 Passages)||4|
Must Read: IAS Preparation Tips
No. of attempts in IAS Exam 2019
Apart from the IAS Exam Pattern, contenders can check attempts details also which is well provided for various categories in beneath section.
|Category||IAS exam Attempts|
|SC / ST||Unlimited|
|J & K Domicile||Depending on the categories viz. Gen, OBC, SC/ST, PH|
|Ex-Servicemen||Depending on the categories viz. Gen, OBC, SC/ST, PH|
|Disabled Defence Services Personnel* conditional||Depending on the categories viz. Gen, OBC, SC/ST, PH|
Get Best Answer: How to Become An IAS Officer
Contenders can grab more factors related to IAS Exam Pattern 2019 by going through this Official Link. Contenders are advised to be in touch with our portal for collecting latest updates regarding New Pattern Of UPSC IAS Exam or other.