Candidates who want to want to know about IAS Salary, they have to read the complete page. The central government of India accepted the 7th Pay Commission Act which implements from 01/01/2016 and then the changes were made in IAS.
So here below we are providing New Pay Scale (7th CPC) Per Month and Other Facilities details of IAS Officer. Rather than high income, this job offers an opportunity to serve the people of the nation.
Salary of IAS Officer 2018
Indian Administrative Service is a dream job of every Indian as it is one of the prestigious jobs in India. People ignore government jobs due to reduced salary but in the case of IAS Officer Things are different.
For the curious aspirants, who are willing to get the details about Big Changes in IAS Salary, they may need to go through the below stated table which is provided by team of recruitmentresult.com.
These recently declared pay-scales of Seventh Pay Commission are not the complete or IAS salary in hand. Salary is used to determine the fundamental pay of the member of staff on the basis of which they are entitled to allowances and entitlements like DA (Dearness Allowance) (revised each year as per price increases index) and House Rent Allowance (usually considered as 40% of Basic) as well as TA.
|7th Pay Commission|
|Grade||Pay Scale||Grade Pay||Years of Service Required|
|Junior Scale||50,000 – 1,50,000||16,500||NA|
|Senior Time Scale||50,000 – 1,50,001||20,000||5 years|
|Junior Administrative Grade||50,000 – 1,50,002||23,000||9 years|
|Selection Grade||1,00,000 – 2,00,000||26,000||12 to 15 years|
|Super Time Scale||1,00,000 – 2,00,000||30,000||17 to 20 years|
|Above Super Time Scale||1,00,000 – 2,00,000||30,000||varies|
|Apex Scale||2,25,000 (Fixed)||NA||varies|
|Cabinet Secretary Grade||2,50,000 (Fixed)||NA||varies|
IAS Application Form Details: Check Here
There are various level for the different ranks, each rank is categorized under the following levels and the aspirants can check the Pay Levels of each rank from the below gfrunshied details, so have careful glance:
- Level 10: (1-4yrs) ASP/SDM/ Asst. Commissioner in IRS
- Level 11: (5-8 yrs) SP/DM/Deputy Commissioner in IRS
- Level 12: (9-12 yrs) SSP/DM (DS in GOS)/Joint Commissioner in IRS
- Level 13: ( 13-16 yrs) SSP/DM (Director in Government of India)/Additional Commissioner in IRS
- Level 13A: (14th yr) DIG (No parallel Scale in IAS or IRS)
- Level 14: (16-24 yrs) IG/Commissioner (IAS/IRS)/JS in GOI
- Level 15: ( 25-30 yrs) ADG/Additional Secretary in GOI/Principal Secretary in State/ Principal Commissioner in IRS
- Level 16: (30-33 yrs) Additional Chief Secretary /DG/Chief Commissioner in IRS
- Level 17: (34-36 yrs) Chief Secretary/DG/Secretary of GOI/ Principal Chief Commissioner in IRS
- Level 18: (37+ yrs) Cabinet Secretary to Government of India
These recently declared pay-scales of Seventh Pay Commission are not the complete or in-hand remuneration of an IAS officer. Salary is used to determine the fundamental pay of the member of staff on the basis of which they are entitled to allowances and entitlements like DA (Dearness Allowance) (revised each year as per price increases index) and House Rent Allowance (usually considered as 40% of Basic) as well as TA.
You May Read This: Tips To Crack IAS Exam In First Attempt
Additional Benefits for IAS Officers:
Selected officers are relatively entitled to a series of reimbursement or perks including:
- DA (As per available information, it is revised half yearly, mainly being governed by the inflation index)
- Water Bills
- Electricity Bills
- Study leave of 2-4 years in a foreign university, expenses of which are borne by the Government of India
- Official Accommodation- Bungalows with gardeners and security guards at very low rates. They get similar facilities (bungalows) while traveling for official purposes as well
- Office Vehicles
- Phone Bills
- Government cars with red lights?
Check Here: IAS Exam Centers
IAS Officers Scales
Aspirants must know that there are various scales as given above for the different duration so the salary structure of the different scale has contains different pay band such as Junior Scale, Senior Scales, Super Time Scale, Above Super Time Scales etc.
- Junior Scales (0-4 years)
- Senior Scales (4-9 years)
- Senior Time scale (4 years+)
- Junior Administrative grade (9 years+)
- Selection Grade (13 years+)
- Super Times Scale(16 year+)
- Above Super Time Scale(25 years+)
Every Scales contains different pay band as per the scale. So below we have provided complete details regarding different pay band of Various Scale.
|Scales||Pay Band||Grade Pay|
|Junior Scale||Rs 15600-39100||Rs 5400|
|Senior Time Scale||Rs 15600-39100||Rs 6600|
|Junior Administrative Grade||Rs 15600-39100||Rs 7600|
|Selection Grade||Rs 37400-67000||Rs 8700|
|Super Time Scale||Rs 37400-67000||Rs 10000|
|Above Super Time Scale||Rs 37400-67000||Rs 12000.|
|The Apex Pay Scale of Rs 80000 (fixed). No Grade Pay|
|Cabinet Secretary Grade of Rs 90000 (fixed). No Grade Pay|
Check Out: List of Best IAS Coaching Centres in India
Salary of IAS officer in India
|Level||Basic Pay||DA (at 125%)||Total Salary|
|Salary of an IAS officer during training||21000||26250||47250|
|IAS officers salary per month||90000||112500||202500|
Candidates can also join us on Facebook and Google Plus for other information of IAS salary and perks. You can type your comment in below provided comment box for any query or doubts regarding salary of an IAS officer after 7th pay commission. Our experts will try to solve your queries soon.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On