IBM Interview Experience
I am Khushbu Chawla from Hyderabad and want to share my IBM Interview Experience with you guys, so that the candidates planning against IBM (International Business Machines) Recruitment must have knowledge regarding IBM selection process. It is not impossible to crack IBM Hiring Process, the only thing you need is to develop confidence in yourself.
Getting an opportunity of interview from this reputed multinational company is not a small thing, if you had got this chance then you are from the luckiest one, don’t spoil this golden opportunity. For building confidence in yourself, you can read some useful IBM Interview Tips and responses of candidates that had gone through this phase.
IBM Interview Experience
Name: Khushbu Chawla
Qualification: B.Tech (Computer Science)
Job Role: Software Engineer
How I got this IBM Interview Opportunity?
I had completed my B.Tech last year and searching for job in a multinational company where I can show my talent and skills. One day I was surfing for jobs on internet and suddenly a web page opened on my computer screen. On that opened page, I found interview experience of an individual who is now successfully placed in this reputed company IBM. I got so inspired after reading that blog and start searching for current jobs in IBM.
Nearly after two-three weeks, my search stops to an end because IBM has issued a vacancy notice for the position of Software Engineer. I got so much excited after knowing this opportunity and immediately applied for this recruitment process.
Now finally, the day arises when I had to appear in the selection process round. I was feeling so nervous, but I had a strong determination in my mind that if now I don’t do anything, then I can never do it. I don’t have to lose this chance in anyway.
IBM Selection Process
For getting recruitment in this reputed company, you had to face three rounds i.e.
- Online test (Aptitude)
- English Assessment Test
- Technical & HR Round
Online Aptitude Test:
- In this part, you will be asked questions related to analytical ability, verbal ability, logical reasoning.
- You can mainly focus on these topics such as time and distance, time and work, Permutation- Combination, SI, CI, Data Interpretation, Syllogism, number series etc. because questions are generally from these sections only.
- I had done my preparation from R.S. Aggarwal and it is one of the best books that can help in improving your aptitude skills and more over, Internet is the best source where you can collect each and every thing.
Hiring Process 2:
English Assessment Test:
- In this section, participants have to read a comprehension passage and after reading it, a short summary of this passage is to be written. The main purpose behind this section is to check the candidates’ skills regarding their grammar and vocabulary part.
- Truly speaking I was very weak in this section, but I also know my weakness , so I prepared a lot for this section by regularly reading English magazines, novels, memorizing meanings of difficult word and finally I had cleared this round also.
Hiring Process 3:
Technical & HR Round:
Me: Hi, Sir
Interviewer: Hi, Please have a seat and give your introduction.
Me: I was told each and every valuable information about myself such as tell regarding hobbies, presently what doing, schooling, parents, future goal etc.
Interviewer: Asked regarding my project.
Me: I was told everything about my project.
Interviewer: What if one among your teammates isn’t doing his job in project?
Me: I’ll 1st tell him what must be done, Tell regarding however can he take advantage of this project, incentives, etc.
Interviewer: What if still he doesn’t listen?
Me: May be then, I even have to go to my project leader and tell him concerning my team mate’s behavior.
Interviewer: Is still he is not listening?
Me: Then remaining of my team members will do his work and create a complaint against that team member to the upper authority once the project gets completed.
Interviewer: Asked concerning latest technologies like Cloud computing.
Me: The practice of using a network of remote servers hosted on the Internet to store, manage, and process data, rather than a local server or a personal computer.
Interviewer: Can you relocate?
Me: Yeah sir.
Interviewer: Can you speak about social networking for at least a minute?
Me: Social networking is the practice of expanding the number of one’s business and/or social contacts by making connections through individuals.
Interviewer: Nice meeting you!
Me: Thanks sir.
Wrapping up my IBM Interview Experience
In the end, I asked him concerning the work culture of IBM. He explained it very well. Don’t panic guys, if you don’t know anything. If it is your day, you will definitely go through all the rounds.
Finally, we were told to wait. They called the names of selected candidates and my name was there in the list. That was the happiest moment of my life. I must mention that team IBM is that the most managed team I even have seen altogether the drives. They’re terribly skilled nevertheless friendly individuals.
Thank You Guys,
All the Best!!
IBM selection levels get easier as they proceed i.e. English round was easier than Quant , and Interview was easier than English. Simply need to mention that have trust on yourself and prepare yourself as you’ll be able to. There’s no substitute for exertions and confidence!
Interview Preparation Tips and Tricks
Here are job interview tips that will help in preparing for your interview in an effective way.
- Do your homework concerning to employer and the industry therefore you’re prepared for the question, what do you know about this company?
- Think of concrete examples you’ll be able to use to focus on your skills. Providing proof of your successes may be a good way to promote your candidature.
- Bring a pleasant portfolio with copies of your resume.
- Be on time for the interview. On time means that 5 to 10 minutes early
- During the interview try relax and keep as calm potential. Keep in mind that your communication says the maximum amount concerning you as your answers to the queries.
- Try to relate what you know concerning to company once responsive queries
- When discussing your career accomplishments match them to what the company is looking for.
Dear aspirants, if you want to share your interview experience with us like Khushbu Chawla has shared its IBM Interview Experience on our web portal recruitmentresult.com, then you are warmly welcomed. Keep visiting our site regularly and gain knowledge from these experiences.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On