The authority of International English Languages Testing System has released IELTS Syllabus. Candidates who want to go foreign for study purpose or to gain experience in particular field appears IELTS Exam. Those who are going to appear IELTS 2018 may start their preparation from IELTS Syllabus 2018.
Examination is conducted in two types one is General Training Version and other is Academic Version. Academic Version exam is conducted for those who want to study in universities or institutions of Foreign and General Training Version Examination is conducted to select skilled candidates who can get non academic training or work experience from Foreign. In the below section of this page of recruitmentresult.com you may get complete details about your syllabus and IELTS Exam Pattern.
IELTS exam is conducted in two parts that are following below. Those who qualify both rounds may grab the chance to get education from foreign countries.
- General Training Version
- Academic Version
General Training Version:
- The General Training version requires candidates to read extracts from books, magazines, newspapers, notices, advertisements, company handbooks and guidelines.
- The Academic version contains 3 long texts that range from the descriptive and factual to the discursive and analytical.
- Writing component of IELTS Academic includes two tasks.
- Topics are of general interest to and suitable for candidates entering undergraduate and postgraduate studies or seeking professional registration.
Also Read- Common English Error in Essay Writing
In this task you will be asked with a situation and asked to write a letter requesting information or explaining the situation. The letter may be personal, semi-formal or formal in style.
In this task you will be said to write an essay in concern to a point of view, argument or problem. The essay can be slightly more personal in style than the Academic Writing Task 2 essay.
This version is further consisting of three sections that are mentioned below.
- Listening section
- Reading section
Check This Useful Section
|IELTS Scholarship||IELTS Coaching Institutes|
|IELTS Coaching Institute||IELTS Sample Papers|
- It contains six passages of 3 to 4 minutes in length.
- This section includes passages that contain two student conversations and four academic lectures or discussions. Each conversation is heard only once.
- Each conversation will be associated with five questions, whereas each lecture with six.
- Questions in this section will be asked to determine the main ideas, important details, speaker purpose and attitude.
In Reading Section 3 to 4 passages of 700 words each will be required to write, where students have to answer questions about main ideas, details, vocabulary, rhetorical purpose and overall ideas.
Also Check- Best Tips to Develop Your Personality
- Speaking section includes six tasks that are two independent tasks and four independent tasks.
- In independent tasks, appliers required to answer opinion questions on familiar tasks.
- Judgment to select candidates will be based on their ability to speak spontaneously and clearly.
The Writing Section will consist of 2 tasks in writing to be completed in 150- 250 words respectively.
Read This- Tips to Crack IELTS in First Attempt
In this task a graph, table, chart or diagram will be give to you and you will be asked to describe, summarize or explain the information in your own words. You may be asked to illustrate data, describe the stages of a process, how something works or describe an object or event.
In task 2 you have to write an essay in response to a point of view, argument or problem. Responses to both tasks must be in a formal style.
IELTS Exam Pattern:
|Test Parts||Time Period||Brief Description|
|Listening||30 minutes||4 sections, 40 items|
|Reading||60 minutes||3 sections, 40 items|
|Writing||60 minutes||2 tasks|
|Speaking||11-14 minutes||3 part one-on-one conversation|
Candidates you are advised to keep visiting our website on regular basis. You can also subscribe to our free email service, for getting latest updates directly in your message box.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Common Mistakes You Make in Tests||Vocabulary Quiz|
|English Improvement Tips||Successful Career Development Tips|
|How To Find Online Study Material||Get Rid Of Sleeping While Studying|
|Last Minute Exam Preparation Tips||Effective Time Table For Studies|