IELTS is conducted to evaluate a candidate’s proficiency level in English language only. To crack this test, refer Revised IELTS Syllabus. According to IELTS Exam Syllabus, IELTS consists of four compulsory sections namely Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking sections. Download Revised IELTS 2021 Syllabus PDF of Academic/General Training along with IELTS Exam Pattern from here.
|IELTS Syllabus 2021|
|Conducting Body||British Council|
|Category||IELTS Exam Syllabus|
IELTS Exam Pattern 2021
|Test Parts||Brief Description|
|Listening||4 sections, 40 items|
|Reading||3 sections, 40 items|
|Speaking||3 part one-on-one conversation|
From Here: Download IELTS Syllabus PDF
IELTS Syllabus 2021
IELTS exam is conducted in two parts. Those who qualify both rounds may grab the chance to get education from foreign countries.
- General Training Version
- Academic Version
IELTS General Training Version Syllabus:
- The IELTS General Training Syllabus version requires aspirants to read extracts from books, magazines, newspapers, notices, advertisements, company handbooks and guidelines.
- The Academic version contains 3 long texts that range from the descriptive and factual to the discursive and analytical.
- Writing component of IELTS Academic includes two tasks.
- Topics are of general interest to and suitable for aspirants entering undergraduate and postgraduate studies or seeking professional registration.
- In this task, aspirants will be asked to write a letter requesting information or explaining the situation.
- The letter may be personal, semi-formal or formal in style.
- In this task you will be said to write an essay in concern to a point of view, argument or problem.
- The essay can be slightly more personal in style than the Academic Writing Task 2 essay.
Must Read: How Do Toppers Study?
IELTS Academic Version Syllabus 2021:
IELTS Academic Syllabus version is further consisting of three sections mentioned below. Check IELTS Syllabus from here.
- Listening section
- Reading section
1. Listening Section:
Listening section of IELTS has four sub-sections.
- First: conversation between two individuals set in an everyday social context.
- Second: monologue or a speech.
- Third: conversation among a maximum of four people set in an academic setting
- Fourth: monologue on an academic subject, for instance, an academic lecture.
2. Reading Section:
- Reading section assesses the test taker’s skill in reading.
- Applicant has to answer questions (multiple choice, sentence completion, summary writing, matching information, short-answers etc.) after reading text passages.
- Each passage consists of 13-14 questions; overall Reading module has 40 questions to be answered
- Questions from reading for main ideas, reading for detail, skimming, and understanding logical argument is asked.
3. Speaking Section:
- Speaking IELTS Syllabus includes six tasks that are two independent tasks and four independent tasks.
- In independent tasks, appliers required to answer opinion questions on familiar tasks.
- Judgment to select candidates will be based on their ability to speak spontaneously and clearly.
The IELTS Syllabus for Writing Section will consist of 2 tasks in writing to be completed in 150- 250 words respectively.
IELTS Syllabus 2021 for Task 1:
- In this task a graph, table, chart or diagram will be give to you and you will be asked to describe, summarize or explain the information in your own words.
- Contenders will be asked to illustrate data, describe the stages of a process, how something works or describe an object or event.
IELTS Syllabus 2021 for Task 2:
- In task 2 you have to write an essay in response to a point of view, argument or problem.
- Responses to both tasks must be in a formal style.
Some Related Links for IELTS:
|IELTS Application Form||Details|
|IELTS Sample Papers||Details|
|IELTS Official Website||Link|
IELTS Exam 2021:
International English Language Testing System is abbreviated as IELTS. IELTS is the high-stakes English test for study, migration or work. So, it assesses your English language skills in terms of spoken and written English.
If you wish to study or work in a country where English is the primary language of communication, apply for IELTS Exam 2021. Also, this test assesses your listening, reading, writing and speaking skills.
What is the format of the IELTS Test 2021?
There are two versions of the test, IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training. First three parts of the test will be held on same day in the following order:
When can I take IELTS?
IELTS is available on 48 fixed dates a year – up to four times a month. This year IELTS Exam 2021 is scheduled to be held from January to December 2021 for Academic/General Training.
How much is IELTS Exam Fee?
Test fee for General and Academic tests is Rs.11300 In India.
Must Know: How to Pay Fees Online
Plan your preparation by referring IELTS Syllabus 2021. You may bookmark our portal for receiving more updates for IELTS Test Dates 2021.