IELTS Syllabus 2019
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is scheduled from January to March 2019 to assess your English language skills. To crack this test, refer Revised IELTS Syllabus 2019 PDF for Academic/General Training along with Exam Pattern from this page.
|IELTS Syllabus 2019|
|Conducting Body||British Council|
Aim of Exam
to evaluate a candidate’s proficiency level in the English language aspiring to pursue education or eager to work in countries like the USA, UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
|Category||IELTS Exam Syllabus|
|Exam Date||January to March 2019|
|Admit Card Available Date||Intimate soon|
Must Check: Last Minute Exam Study Preparation Tips
IELTS Exam Pattern 2019
|Test Parts||Brief Description|
|Listening||4 sections, 40 items|
|Reading||3 sections, 40 items|
|Speaking||3 part one-on-one conversation|
IELTS Syllabus 2019
IELTS exam is conducted in two parts. Those who qualify both rounds may grab the chance to get education from foreign countries.
- General Training Version
- Academic Version
IELTS General Training Version Syllabus:
- The IELTS General Training Syllabus version requires aspirants to read extracts from books, magazines, newspapers, notices, advertisements, company handbooks and guidelines.
- The Academic version contains 3 long texts that range from the descriptive and factual to the discursive and analytical.
- Writing component of IELTS Academic includes two tasks.
- Topics are of general interest to and suitable for aspirants entering undergraduate and postgraduate studies or seeking professional registration.
Do You Know: How To Maximize Your Score In Exam
- In this task, aspirants will be asked to write a letter requesting information or explaining the situation.
- The letter may be personal, semi-formal or formal in style.
- In this task you will be said to write an essay in concern to a point of view, argument or problem.
- The essay can be slightly more personal in style than the Academic Writing Task 2 essay.
Read Out Here: Tips to Make Study Interesting
IELTS Academic Version Syllabus 2019:
IELTS Academic Syllabus version is further consisting of three sections mentioned below. Check IELTS Syllabus from here.
- Listening section
- Reading section
1. Listening Section:
Listening section of IELTS has four sub-sections.
- First: conversation between two individuals set in an everyday social context.
- Second: monologue or a speech.
- Third: conversation among a maximum of four people set in an academic setting
- Fourth: monologue on an academic subject, for instance, an academic lecture.
2. Reading Section:
- Reading section assesses the test taker’s skill in reading.
- Applicant has to answer questions (multiple choice, sentence completion, summary writing, matching information, short-answers etc.) after reading text passages.
- Each passage consists of 13-14 questions; overall Reading module has 40 questions to be answered
- Questions from reading for main ideas, reading for detail, skimming, and understanding logical argument is asked.
Check Here: Tips to Manage Time In Exam
3. Speaking Section:
- Speaking IELTS Syllabus includes six tasks that are two independent tasks and four independent tasks.
- In independent tasks, appliers required to answer opinion questions on familiar tasks.
- Judgment to select candidates will be based on their ability to speak spontaneously and clearly.
The IELTS Syllabus for Writing Section will consist of 2 tasks in writing to be completed in 150- 250 words respectively.
IELTS Syllabus 2019 for Task 1:
- In this task a graph, table, chart or diagram will be give to you and you will be asked to describe, summarize or explain the information in your own words.
- Contenders will be asked to illustrate data, describe the stages of a process, how something works or describe an object or event.
Get Best Answer: How to Get in the Mood to Study
IELTS Syllabus 2019 for Task 2:
- In task 2 you have to write an essay in response to a point of view, argument or problem.
- Responses to both tasks must be in a formal style.
Some Related Links for IELTS
IELTS Exam 2019:
International English Language Testing System is abbreviated as IELTS. IELTS is the high-stakes English test for study, migration or work. So, it assesses your English language skills in terms of spoken and written English.
If you wish to study or work in a country where English is the primary language of communication, apply for IELTS Exam 2019. Also, this test assesses your listening, reading, writing and speaking skills.
What is the format of the IELTS Test 2019?
There are two versions of the test, IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training. First three parts of the test will be held on same day in the following order:
Know Here: Common Mistakes You Make in Tests
How much is IELTS Exam Fee?
Test fee for General and Academic tests is Rs.11300 In India.
When can I take IELTS?
IELTS is available on 48 fixed dates a year – up to four times a month. This year IELTS Exam 2019 will be held in January to March 2019 for Academic/General Training.
Plan your preparation by referring IELTS Syllabus 2019. You may bookmark our portal for receiving more updates for IELTS Test Dates 2019.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Best Ways To Finish Exam On Time||How to Prepare for Written Exam|
|How Can You Write Fast In Exams?||Health Hazards due to over Studying|
|Strategies To Improve Memory||How To Prepare For Online Exam|