IES Eligibility Criteria
UPSC ESE Notification 2019 has been released on its official website. The candidates applying for IES Exam should ensure that they fulfill all IES Eligibility Condition for admission to the Examination.
There are various parameters like nationality, IES Age, educational qualifications, IES No of Attempts which define IES Eligibility Criteria 2019. Their admission at all the stages of the IES Exam 2019 will be purely provisional subject to satisfying prescribed IES Eligibility.
UPSC ESE / IES Important Dates!!!
IES Preliminary Exam will be conducted on 06-01-2019 and IES Main Exam will be held on 30-06-2019. The IES Online Applications can be filled from 26-09-2018 to 22-10-2018 till 6.00 PM after which the link will be disabled.
You may get the complete detailed information about UPSC IES Eligibility Criteria by scrolling down this page which is well framed by the dedicated team members of recruitmentresult.com. Please have a Glance for UPSC IES Eligibility Criteria!!!
IES Eligibility Criteria
IES Eligibility Criteria
Check the IES Eligibility from here: To being an eligible, candidates must be-
- Acitizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A refugee of Tibet who came to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India.
- Candidate belonging to (b), (c), (d) and (e) categories certificate of eligibility must be issued by the Government of India in their favour.
In case if certificate of IES Eligibility is essential will be admitted only after necessary eligibility certificate will be issued to him/her by the Government of India.
Check Here: UPSC Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who want to apply for Indian engineering service examination, needs to fulfill all IES Exam Eligibility as specified below-
One have obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or any other Educational Institute established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
Passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India)
Applicants must have a degree or diploma in Engineering from foreign University/ College /Institution but recognised by the Government
One have passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India)
Candidates must have passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/ Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India
Also, one has passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959.
Candidates applying for Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts) and Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’ must possess either above mentioned qualification or IES 2019 Eligibility which is given below–
M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as mandatory subjects
Must Check Details On: IES Application Form
IES Age Limit:
- A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1 st January, 2019 i.e., he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1989 and not later than 1st January, 1998.
- The upper age-limit of 30 years will be relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Government servants of the following categories
- A candidate who has been continuously in a temporary service on a regular basis in the particular Department/Office for at least 3 years on the 1st January, 2019.
Column 1 IES Eligibility
|Column 2 IES Eligibility|
|Ministry of Railways (Railway Board)||I.R.S.E.|
|Directorate General Ordnance Factories||I.O.F.S. Group ‘A’|
|Central Electricity Authority||C.P.E.S. Gr ‘A’ & C.P.E.S. Gr ‘B’|
|Ministry of Road Transport and Highways||Central Engineering Service (Roads) Gr. ‘A’|
|Ministry of Telecommunication and|
Information Technology, Deptt. of Telecommunication
|Engineer in Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’ Indian Telecommunication Service Group ‘A’, J.T.O. (G.C.S.Gr. ‘B’)|
|Central Water Commission||Central Water Engineering Service Gr ‘A’|
|Border Roads Organisation||BRES Gr. ‘A’|
|The Corps of Electronics and Mechanical|
Engineering, Min of Defence.
|AEE Gr ‘A’(Elect. Engg. Posts) in Corps of EME, Min of Defence.|
|Military Engineer Services||Indian Defence Service of Engineers (lDSE) Group ‘A’|
|Min of Defence, Deptt. of Defence Production,|
and MechanicalEngineering, Min of Defence
|Defence Aeronautical Quality Assurance Service(DAQAS) Gr ‘A’.|
|Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship||Indian Skill Development Service|
Indian Naval Armament Service, Asstt. Naval Store Officer Grade-I
Get Best Answer: How To Prepare for IES Exam
Applicants are informed that age may be relaxed in the following cases as per the norms of organization
There will be Five years of age relaxation for the following:
- Candidate belonging SC/ST category
- In the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers /ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August, ) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service or on invalidment Or,
- If candidate are domicile of state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989
- In the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of five years of Military Services as on 1st August, and whose assignment has been extended for more five years also in that case in which Ministry of Defense issues a crtificate that they can apply for any other civil employment.
There will be 3 Years of age relaxation:
- Candidates who are defence service personnel disabled in operations
- Aspirants belonging to OBC category
There will be 10 years of age relaxation:
In the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthographically handicapped persons
Check Out: IES Interview Questions
Candidates who have qualified the Engineering Services Examination will be recommended medical examination-
- Being finally recommended candidates by the Commission shall be undergo medical examination as decided by the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) to find out the fact that participants has been appeared for any medical examination in the past or will be fit / unfit for earlier examination.
- Applicants are informed that Medical examination will be conducted under Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) at various Railway Hospitals to check that applicants are healthy and fit.
- Additional instructions for candidates related to medical examination will be intimated at official site.
Last recommended candidates also have to go for physical standards examination as only physically fit are eligible for the respective examination as per IES ESE Eligibility Criteria.
Know More About: UPSC Engineering Services Examination
IES Eligibility Criteria:
Applicants we have provide complete Engineering services examination eligibility Criteria, must read this page thoroughly to confirm all eligibility conditions are required for IES examination. Those who found themselves eligible after reading all IES Exam Eligibility Criteria in terms of age, qualification, medical standard and physical standard they must apply for Indian engineering services examination. Check IES Eligibility Criteria from here.
Visit this Official Link to get complete details regarding IES Eligibility Criteria 2019. Stay connected with this page to get latest updates regarding Eligibility for IES Exam. You can also bookmark the web portal by Ctrl+D to get updates on IES Eligibility.
Applicants may also follow us on Facebook or Google plus to all latest updates instantly for Eligibility of IES Exam.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On:
|IES Syllabus||IES Answer Key|
|IES Salary||IES Exam Pattern|
|UPSC IES Result||IES Coaching Institutes|
|UPSC Notification||IES Previous Year Question Paper|
|IES Preparation Books||IES Admit Card|