IES Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to apply for Indian Engineering Services Examination, they may ensure IES Eligibility Criteria from this page!!!! Union Public Service Commission is seeking for deserving candidates to fill the post of IES Officer, and so they invite online application from interested contenders. Applicants who are keen to fill the IES Application Form must go through the complete UPSC ESE Eligibility Criteria in terms of Age and Qualification to check whether they are matching with the eligibility norms on not. On the below section of this page we have structured detailed information about IES Eligibility Criteria 2017–2018, so candidates are required to read the entire post.
Highlights of this page
Contenders must note that there are various examinations that are conducted under Union Public Service Commission for the recruitment of skilled and efficient candidates. Aspirants who want to grab this job opportunity are suggested to carefully go through the UPSC IES Eligibility Criteria before filling the IES exam Application form. So you may scroll down the page and gather all significant information such as required age, qualification and number of attempts or more which is well customized by the team unit of recruitmentresult.com
IES Eligibility Criteria
IES Eligibility Criteria
To being an eligible, candidates must be-
- Acitizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A refugee of Tibet who came to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India.
- Candidate belonging to (b), (c), (d) and (e) categories certificate of eligibility must be issued by the Government of India in their favour.
In case if certificate of eligibility is essential will be admitted only after necessary eligibility certificate will be issued to him/her by the Government of India.
Check Here: UPSC Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who wants to apply for Indian engineering service examination, needs to fulfill all eligibility criteria as specified below-
One have obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or any other Educational Institute established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
Passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India)
Applicants must have a degree or diploma in Engineering from foreign University/ College /Institution but recognised by the Government
One have passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India)
Candidates must have passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/ Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India
Also, one has passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959.
Candidates applying for Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts) and Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’ must possess either above mentioned qualification or below given –
M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as mandatory subjects
Must Check Details On: IES Application Form
IES Age limitation:
IES age criteria states that, applicants who are willing to apply for IES ESE exam should have minimum age of 21 years and maximum age of 30 years. Age will be measured from the 1st January of current year.
Applicants have not been born earlier than 2nd January, 1988 and not later by1st January, 1997.
Upper age of Government servants (Department/Office) will be 35 years
Applicants are informed that age may be relaxed in the following cases as per the norms of organization
There will be Five years of age relaxation for the following:
- Candidate belonging SC/ST category
- In the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers /ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August, ) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service or on invalidment Or,
- If candidate are domicile of state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989
- In the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of five years of Military Services as on 1st August, and whose assignment has been extended for more five years also in that case in which Ministry of Defense issues a crtificate that they can apply for any other civil employment.
There will be 3 Years of age relaxation:
- Candidates who are defence service personnel disabled in operations
- Aspirants belonging to OBC category
There will be 10 years of age relaxation:
In the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthographically handicapped persons
Check Out: IES Interview Questions
Candidates who have qualified the Engineering Services Examination will be recommended medical examination-
- Being finally recommended candidates by the Commission shall be undergo medical examination as decided by the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) to find out the fact that participants has been appeared for any medical examination in the past or will be fit / unfit for earlier examination.
- Applicants are informed that Medical examination will be conducted under Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) at various Railway Hospitals to check that applicants are healthy and fit.
- Additional instructions for candidates related to medical examination will be intimated at official site.
Last recommended candidates also have to go for physical standards examination as only physically fit are eligible for the respective examination as per IES ESE Eligibility Criteria.
Know More About: UPSC Engineering Services Examination
ESE Exam Eligibility Criteria:
Applicants we have provide complete Engineering services examination eligibility Criteria, must read this page thoroughly to confirm all eligibility conditions are required for IES examination. Those who found themselves eligible after reading all IES Exam Eligibility Criteria in terms of age, qualification, medical standard and physical standard they must apply for Indian engineering services examination.
Dear visitors, hope you all are satisfied with this page which is well designed regarding IES Eligibility Criteria 2017–2018 by the team of recruitmentresult.com. If you want to stay updates for more facts about notification, recruitment and any competitive exams then must keep visiting regularly to our web portal or may bookmark it through ctrl+d.
For more details about IES Eligibility Criteria you can also hit the official link. Applicants may also follow us on Facebook or Google plus to all latest updates instantly.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On:
|IES Syllabus||IES Answer Key|
|How To Prepare for IES Exam||IES Exam Pattern|
|UPSC IES Result||IES Coaching Institutes|
|UPSC Notification||IES Previous Year Question Paper|
|IES Preparation Books||IES Admit Card|