UPSC IES Notification 2020 has been released on its official website. Through Indian Economic Service Exam, Union Public Service Commission wants to fill 15 vacancies in various disciplines. Willing candidates can apply online for UPSC IES Registration process till last date. Also, UPSC IES 2020 Exam Dates are mentioned on this page.
UPSC IES 2020 Important Dates:
|UPSC IES 2020 Exam||Important Dates|
|UPSC IES Notification Release Date||11-08-2020|
|Start date of online application||11-08-2020|
|Last date to apply online||01-09-2020 till 18.00 Hours.|
|online Applications can be withdrawn from||08.09.2020 to 14.09.2020 till 6.00 PM.|
|Commencement of exam||16-10-2020|
|Duration of exam||3 Days|
Total IES Vacancy: 15 Posts
IES 2020 Services / Posts Category Wise:
There are 4 categories in which the IES 2020 Services divided:
- Category I‐Civil Engineering.
- Category II‐Mechanical Engineering.
- Category III‐Electrical Engineering.
- Category IV‐Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
Let’s take a look over each:
CATEGORY I—CIVIL ENGINEERING
(i) Indian Railway Service of Engineers.
(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service (Civil Engineering Posts).
(iii) Central Engineering Service.
(iv) Indian Ordnance Factories Service AWM/JTS (Civil Engineering Post)
(v) Central Engineering Service (Roads), Group-A (Civil Engineering Posts).
(vi) Central Water Engineering Service Gr ‘A’ (Civil Engineering Posts)
(vii) Survey of India Group ‘A’ Service.
(viii) AEE(Civil Engg Posts) in Border Roads Engineering Service Gr ‘A’.
(ix) AEE(Civil) of P&T Building Works Gr ‘A’ Service.
(x) Indian Defence Service of Engineers.
(xi) AEE(QS&C) in Military Engineer Service(MES) Surveyor Cadre
CATEGORY II—MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
(i) Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineering.
(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
(iii) Indian Ordnance Factories Service AWM/JTS (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
(iv) Central Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
(v) AEE in Geological Survey of India Gr ‘A’ Engineering Service.
(vi) Central Water Engineering Service Gr ‘A’ (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
(vii) AEE (Mech Engineering Posts) in Border Roads Engineering Service Gr ‘A’.
(viii) Indian Naval Armament Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
(ix) Indian Defence Service of Engineers (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
(x) Asstt. Naval Store Officer Grade-I (Mechanical Engineering Posts) in Indian Navy.
CATEGORY III—ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
(i) Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers.
(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
(iii) Central Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
(iv) Indian Ordnance Factories Service AWM/JTS (Electrical Engineering Posts).
(v) Indian Naval Armament Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
(vi) Indian Defence Service of Engineers.
(vii) Asstt. Naval Store Officer Grade-I(Electrical Engg. Posts) in Indian Navy.
(viii) AEE Gr ‘A’ (Electrical Engg. Posts) in Corps of EME, Min of Defence.
(ix) Central Power Engineering Service Gr ‘B’ (Electrical Engineering Posts).
CATEGORY IV—ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
(i) Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers.
(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service (Telecommunication/ Electronics Engineering Posts).
(iii) Indian Inspection Service (Asst. Dir. Grade-I).
(iv) Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’
(v) Indian Ordnance Factories Service AWM/JTS (Electronics and Telecom Engineering Posts).
(vi) Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics and Telecom Engineering Posts).
(vii) Asstt. Naval Store Officer Grade-I(Electronics and Telecom Engg. Posts) in Indian Navy.
Related Links to UPSC IES ESE Exam
|IES Admit Card|
|IES Answer Key|
|IES Previous Year Question Papers|
IES Eligibility 2020:
- To apply against IES Exam Notification, should possess Degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 against IES Notification.
- Contenders must have possessed Degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognized by the Government for the purpose from time to time for IES Recruitment.
Check Here: Jobs By Qualification
IES Age Limit:
Age of applicants should not be less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on 1st August, 2020 i.e., he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1990 and not later than 1st August, 1999 for IES Notification.
Age Relaxation for IES 2020:
|Category||Age Relaxation for UPSC IES Notification|
|Defense Service Personnel who are disabled on duty||3 Years|
|Government Servants||5 years|
|Citizens of Jammu & Kashmir born in between 1st January 1981 to the 31st December 1990||5 years|
|Physically handicapped person||10 Years|
Download Official: UPSC IES 2020 Notification
UPSC ESE 2020 Application Fee:
Candidates who are interested in appearing in the IES Exam 2020 must have to pay an amount of Rs.200/- as the application fees. Candidates related to SC/ST/PH Category are exempted from paying the examination amount against IES Recruitment.
Application fees can be submitted either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking 7 facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit card.
Do You Know: How To Pay Fees Online Through Credit/Debit Card
IES Selection Procedure:
Selection will be done on basis of their performance in following rounds against UPSC ESE Exam:
- Stage-I: Engineering Services (Preliminary/Stage-I) Examination
- Stage-II: Engineering Services (Main/Stage-II) Examination
- Stage-III: Personality Test.
IES Exam Pattern 2020:
|Preliminary Examination – Objective|
|Paper I||General Studies & Engineering Aptitude||200|
|Paper II||Engineering Discipline||300|
|Mains Examination – Conventional|
|Paper I||Engineering Discipline||300|
|Paper II||Engineering Discipline||300|
|Prelims Paper I & II Timing: 2 hours & 3 Hours|
|Mains Paper I & II Timing: 3 Hours each|
Check Updated:Current Affairs Quiz
UPSC IES Exam Centres 2020 for Prelims Exam:
IES Exam Centres 2020 for Mains Exam:
IES Apply Online 2020 Procedure:
- First of all log on to the official website i.e. upsconline.nic.in
- Hit on the apply online link for IES 2020 regarding UPSC Recruitment 2020 For Engineers.
- Afterwards an online application regarding UPSC Engineering Services 2020 will appear in front of you asking for your personal/ Professional details
- Enter all the essentials details and recheck them
- After that upload the testimonials related to your education, caste, age, experience etc.
- Pay the requisite amount of IES Form fees.
- Once all the details are completed go through the IES Application Form 2020 again and hit on the final submission tab
- Take a print out of filled up IES 2020 Application Form and keep IES Online Form safe for further usage
Apply Online: UPSC IES Online Application Link
Press Here: UPSC Official Website
For more details about IES 2020 you may check this Official Link. Applicants can also follow bookmark our web portal to get latest updates regarding IES Jobs.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC Admit Card||UPSC Eligibility Criteria|
|UPSC Calendar||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC Online Application Status||UPSC Books|
|UPSC Answer Key||UPSC Result|
|UPSC Exam Pattern||UPSC Notification|