IFS Exam Eligibility Criteria
All you need to know is right here!! Take the initial step to apply for Indian Forest Service exam by knowing IFS Exam Eligibility Criteria. Check out the UPSC IFS Age Limit, qualification requirements, selection procedure, number of attempts and all other related info that will lead your way towards IFS exam. UPSC IFS exam is conducted every year.
IFS Exam Eligibility Criteria
Nationality is the basic thing that is considered by the UPSC. Nationality of an applicant must be either:
(a) An Indian Citizen or
(b) A subject of Nepal/ Bhutan or
(c) A Tibetan refugee who came to India before 01/01/1962 with an intention of permanently settling in India.
(d) A person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Srilanka, Bhutan, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Zambia, United Republic of Tanzania, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intension of permanently settling in India.
- Age limit for the aspirant is 21-32 years.
- Upper age limit relaxation for the reserved categories is given below.
Check Here: UPSC Notification
- Candidates belongs to SC/ST category will get relaxation of 05 years and OBC will get 03 years age relaxation.
- Ex-Servicemen including commissioned officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of a assignment of 5 years military service will get relaxation of 05 years.
- Physically Handicapped candidates will get relaxation of 10 years.
- Candidates who had been domiciled in the state of Jammu and Kashmir will get 05 years age relaxation.
Applicant must possess Bachelor Degree with at least one subject namely Botany, Geology, Mathematics, Geology, Chemistry, Physics, Statistics, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Zoology Or Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Agriculture or Forestry.
More Links Related To IFS
|IFS Admit Card||IFS Coaching Centre In India|
|IFS Exam Pattern||IFS Question Paper|
|IFS Syllabus||IFS Result|
|IFS Exam Centers||IFS Preparation Books|
|IFS Salary Structure||IFS Application Form|
Number of attempts:
The maximum number of attempts is as under:
- General Category Candidates – 4 attempts
- Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) candidates/Scheduled Caste – No restriction
- Other Backward Class candidates – 7 attempts
Candidates who had applied for Indian Forest Service’s Examination firstly be shortlisted through screening of application forms. After that shortlisted candidates will have to appear fro Preliminary Examination with their admit cards. Candidates who get selected through preliminary examination then will be called for Mains examination.
After that candidates will be selected for personality test/personal interview which will be conducted by the selection panel of the organization. Finally candidates who will be selected then will have to appear for Document Verification Process.
Selection Procedure will be based on the following examinations:
- Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
- Main Examination (Written & Interview)
|Paper I||General English||300|
|Paper II||General Knowledge||300|
|Paper III||Optional Subject 1 (Paper 1)||200|
|Paper IV||Optional Subject 1 (Paper 2)||200|
|Paper V||Optional Subject 2 (Paper 1)||200|
|Paper VI||Optional Subject 2 (Paper 2)||200|
Practice Online: Online Test For UPSC
- The basic reason behind conducting the preliminary exam is for selection of the skilled candidates for Indian Forest Service (Main) Exam.
- In the preliminary exam, two mandatory papers are set and both of the papers will be objective type.
- For each wrong answers, negative marking of 1/3 marks will be assigned. So examinee is advised to mark the answers correctly and carefully.
- Time duration of each paper will be 2 hours. So, practice well for the exam and learn time management to score high in the preliminary examination
Candidates who qualify the Civil Services Preliminary Examination are liable to face Main examination. The main exam of IFS includes written examination and interview. Both these tests are conducted within a limited period of time. Time duration will be three hours for both the papers.
Interview will be conducted by UPSC for personality test and skill test. The maximum marks for interview is 300 marks.
You Can Also Check: UPSC Eligibility Criteria
Indian Foreign Services comes under civil service, was initiated by the Govt of India conducts number of examinations for hiring result oriented applicants on the vacant positions and every year huge no. of aspirants takes part in it.
If you are also interested to take part in the upcoming exam then firstly you must ensure the IFS Exam Eligibility Criteria as well as UPSC IFS Age Limit, Selection Process. All the details are well furnished above by our team.
Note: For more details or any query about IFS Exam Eligibility Criteria 2019, please visit the Official Site. Candidates can also bookmark this web portal by tapping CTRL+D.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC Entrance Exam||Strategy for UPSC Examination|
|UPSC Calendar||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC Recruitment||UPSC Books|
|UPSC Exam Pattern||UPSC Application Form|