IFS Exam Pattern
Check Updated IFS Exam Pattern for Prelims and Mains from here!! Given UPSC IFS Exam Pattern contains the details about Marking Scheme, No of Questions, time duration and others. In order to grab complete information regarding IFS 2019 Exam Pattern, you need to scroll down this page.
UPSC IFS Important Dates
|Announcement of IFS official notification||19-02-2019|
|IFS application form submission (Prelims)||19-02-2019|
|Last date to submit application (Prelims)||18-03-2019 till 18.00 hours|
|IFS Pre Admit Card 2019||To be Updated|
|IFS Pre Examination date||02-06-2019|
|Announcement of the Result (Pre)||To be Updated|
|Date for the submission of|
detailed IFS Application Form (DAF)
|To be Updated|
|Commencement of the IFS (Mains)||01-12-2019|
|The applications for the Main Examination||July/August, 2019|
|Result of the Exam (Mains)||To be Updated|
|Date of Commencement of IFS interview||To be Updated|
IFS Exam Pattern 2019
Indian Forests Service Examination has two stages:
- Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
- Indian Forest Service Main Examination (Written and Interview).
IFS Pre Exam Pattern:
|Paper||Subjects Involved||Maximum Marks|
|Paper I||General Studies||200 marks|
|Paper II||Aptitude test||200 marks|
- According to the pattern of IFS exam, Civil Services Preliminary Examination is organized for selection of the capable candidates for Indian Forest Service (Main) Exam.
- In IFS Preliminary Exam, two mandatory papers are set and both of papers will be objective type.
- There is also a negative marking of 1/3 marks assigned to each question for each wrong attempt. So examinee should select one of the right answers carefully.
- Time duration of each IFS Prelims Exam will be of 2 hours.
IFS Mains Exam Pattern: Written Exam – Conventional (Essay) Type:
|Paper I||General English||300|
|Paper II||General Knowledge||300|
|Paper III||Any 2 subjects to be selected|
from the list of the optional
subjects mentioned below.
Each subject will have 2 papers.
Read This: How to Prepare for Written Exam
List of Optional Subjects:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Following combination of subjects is not allowed in Indian Forests Service Examination Scheme
- Agriculture and Agricultural Engineering
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Of the Engineering subjects viz. Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering – not more than one subject
Start Now: Online Quiz for Competitive Exams
Indian Forest Services Interview:
Interview will be conducted by the Commission for Personality Test. The maximum marks for interview is 300 marks. Applicants, who’ll qualify in both exams such as prelims or mains, are only eligible to appear in IFS Interview. Commissions’ motive of organizing personality test is to evaluate the personal suitability of the contender for the Service.
Download Here: IFS Exam Pattern PDF
IFS Exam Pattern 2019 Penalty For Wrong Answers:
- Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
- For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet [Answer Sheet], candidates must use black ball pen only.
- Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or Ink pen.
- Candidates are further advised to read carefully the “Special Instructions” contained in Appendix-III of the Notice.
More Links Related to IFS
|IFS Admit Card||IFS Exam Eligibility Criteria|
|IFS Application Form||IFS Question Paper|
|IFS Syllabus||IFS Result|
|IFS Exam Centers||IFS Preparation Books|
|IFS Salary Structure||UPSC Notification|
|UPSC Exam Result||UPSC Age Limit|
|IFS Coaching Centres In India|
The Board Will Pay Special Attention To Assessing The Following Traits In A Candidate:
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Critical Powers of Observation and Assimilation
- Balance of Judgment
- Alertness of Mind
- Capacity for Leadership
- Ability for Social Cohesion
- Mental and Physical Energy
- Powers of Practical Application
- Integrity of Character
- Topographical Sense
- Love for Outdoor Life
- Desire to explore unknown and out of way places
Check Out all updates via single page: UPSC Notification
Indian Forest Service Examination:
Union Public Service Commission conducts Indian forest service examination, yearly, to employ qualified applicants for the post of IFS officers. In this concern, applicants have to qualify the Prelims or Mains examination and then shortlisted candidates have to appear for interview round. Thereafter, selection of the aspirants for Indian Forest Services will be made on the basis of individual performance.
However, the objective for organizing the IFS Recruitment Exam is to shortlist the suitable candidates, who can fulfill the requirements of job. Therefore, IFS Preliminary Exam Pattern, Indian Forest Services Mains Exam Pattern is very useful for the aspirants to start their preparation, so candidates may go through the above given details about IFS Exam Pattern.
Read Now: How To Stay Awake All Night To Study
Applicants may also visit this Official Link for additional information about IFS Exam Pattern 2019. And if you have any query related to IFS Prelims Exam Pattern, then you may ask us by typing it in the below given comment box, we will surely respond to your query as soon as possible.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Tips to Manage Stress||Tips for Faster Writing in Exam|
|Health Hazards due to over Studying||Tips to Make Study Interesting|
|Tips to Reaching Your Full Potential||How To Find Online Study Material|
|Makes Your Brain Work Better||Strategies To Improve Memory|