Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination Date 2018 is Out Now. IFS Main Exam will be conducted from 02-12-2018 to 10-12-2018. IFS Syllabus has been also released on the basis of which the Question Paper of IFS Main Exam will be prepared.
Applicants can download the UPSC IFS Syllabus 2018 PDF Subject-Wise for December Exam from here and start preparation accordingly. The IFS Syllabus 2018 of Pre/Mains Exam will help candidates to prepare for the exam thoroughly.
IFS Main Exam Dates!!!
Union Public Service Commission will conduct the General English and General Knowledge Exam on 02-12-2018. Botany Paper- I/ Mathematics Paper-I/ Statistics Paper-I Paper will be conducted on 04-12-2018. Hit below provided link to check IFS Exam Time Table.
Download Here: Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination Date PDF
IFS Syllabus 2018 contains subject-wise topics and sub-topics in detail, for both Pre and Main Exam. More details about Indian Forest Service Syllabus are mentioned below by team of recruitmentresult.com. Have a look below for Syllabus for IFS and IFS Mains Syllabus!!!
Indian Forest Service Syllabus
IFS Entrance Exam consists of two papers as follows:
- Civil Services (Prelims) Examination
- Indian Forest Services (Mains) Examination
Indian Forest Service written exam includes 6 papers as given below:
Out of 6 papers there are two compulsory papers named as General English and General knowledge and other four papers are from optional subjects. Please go through below page for getting more details regarding the subjects.
Paper Ist: General English
- IFS Recruitment Syllabus :English paper would consist of an essay and passages to write summary.
- Level of standard for General English and General Knowledge papers are designed for a Science or Engineering graduate of an Indian University.
- Topics covered in IFS Syllabus: Other questions are framed to examine general understanding of English and use of words that are used every day.
Read Here: Tips To Prepare For General English
Paper 2nd: General Knowledge
Topics covered in IFS Preliminary Syllabus:
- Current Event of National and International importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and world Geography
- Indian polity and Governance
- Economic and social Development
- General Science
Get Details: General Knowledge Questions & Answers
Paper 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th
On the basis of Bachelors Degree (with Honors), syllabus for optional subject papers will be standardized. No practical examination will be there in any of the subjects. Candidates are required to select any two subjects from this list of optional subjects as given under: Check IFS Mains Syllabus from here:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Get Here: IFS Previous Year Question Papers
Optional paper syllabus consists of 2 papers; each paper consists of 2 sections as section A and section B.
|Topics covered in IFS Syllabus for Paper 1|
|Section A||Soil and water conservation, Aerial Photography and Remote Sensing|
|Section B||Irrigation and Drainage, Agricultural Structures|
|Section A||Farm Power and Machinery, Agro-energy|
|Section B||Agricultural Process Engineering, Instrumental and computer|
applications in Agriculture
|Topics covered in IFS Syllabus for Paper 1|
|Paper 1 for IFS Pre Syllabus|
| Topics covered in IFS Syllabus|
|Topics covered in IFS Syllabus: Paper 2|
|Section A||Topics covered in IFS Syllabus: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Analytics Geometry|
|Section B||Differential Equations, Dynamics, Vector Analysis|
|Section A||Algebra, Real Analysis, Linear Programming|
|Section B||Partial Differential Equations, Numeric Integration, Numeric|
Analysis, Mechanics and Fluid Dynamics
|Section A||Non-chordata and chordate|
|Section B||Ecology, Ethology, Economic Zoology, Biostatistics,|
|Section A||Topics covered in IFS Syllabus: Cell Biology, Genetics, Evolution, Systematic.|
|Section B||Biochemistry, Psychology, Developmental Biology|
Get Free Mock Test: Online Test for UPSC
This combination of subjects is not allowed:
Topics covered in IFS Syllabus are as follows:
- Agriculture and Forestry.
- Chemistry and Chemical Engg.
- Mathematics and Statistics.
- Agriculture and Agricultural Engg.
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
- Of the Engineering subjects viz. Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering- not more than one subject.
Download Here: IFS Exam Syllabus PDF
IFS Exam Pattern
IFS Prelims Exam Pattern:
- The IFS Prelims exam will be held in paper I and Paper II.
- The IFS Exam will be conducted in both the languages that are Hindi and English.
- Total 100 questions will be asked in Paper I and 80 questions in Paper II.
- Both the papers will be of 200 marks.
- Candidates have to complete paper in 2 hours.
|Paper I||General Studies||200 Marks|
|Paper II||General Ability or Aptitude||200 Marks|
IFS Mains Exam Pattern 2018:
- The IFS Mains Exam will be held in total VI Paper.
- The exam will be based on computer based objective type of questions.
- Aspirants have to choose one option as their right answer from the multiple choice questions.
|Paper-III||Any two subjects which are selected by|
the candidate from the list
of the optional subjects.
|Each subject will have|
two papers, 200 marks
for each paper.
|Personality Test||300 Marks|
Check in Detailed Way: IFS Exam Pattern
UPSC IFS Eligibility Criteria
- Aspirants willing to apply for Indian forest services must attain bachelor’s degree with at least one of the optional subjects as named above or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering.
- Lower age limit must be 21 years and upper age must not exceed 30 years.
- Relaxation will be for reserved categories candidates. ( Check Here: IFS Eligibility )
We will keep updating our portal with more and more articles every week regarding relevant competitive exams for aspirants for their better preparation. Comment your doubts and queries if any, about IFS Syllabus 2018 in the comments section as given below.
Dear candidates you can also use the free email service of our portal Recruitmentresult.com, all you need to do for this is to enter your email address in the subscription box for Syllabus of IFS.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Indian Forest Service Admit Card||IFS Salary Structure|
|IFS Result||IFS Exam Centers|
|IFS Coaching Centres In India||IFS Preparation Books|
|UPSC Notification||UPSC Calendar|