IIT JAM Exam Pattern
Check IIT JAM Exam Pattern of Physics/Chemistry/Maths from here!! Applying contenders for IIT JAM 2019 from 05-09-2018 to 10-10-2018 have to participate in entrance examination on 10-02-2019.
In order to secure higher marks, you need to have Complete IIT JAM Study Martial. Exam Pattern of IIT JAM 2019 plays an important role in study material as it comprises Exam Mode, No. Of Questions, Types Of Questions, Duration Marking Scheme details.
IIT JAM Paper Pattern and Marking Scheme
IIT JAM Exam comprises of 7 test papers which will be organized through online mode as computer based test mode. Question paper has been divided into total three sections, A, B and C carrying total 60 Questions.
Examination will be conducted of 100 Marks. To be updated with more details related to IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2019, you are required to check this page which is well furnished by the team members of recruitmentresult.com.
Read Here: IIT Jam Preparation Tips
IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2019
IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2019 – Highlights
|IIT JAM 2019 Details|
|Organizing Institute||IIT Kharagpur|
|Name of the Exam||Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. 2019|
|Name of The Programme||M.Sc. (Two Year), Joint M.Sc.- Ph.D.,|
M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree and other
post-bachelor’s degree programmes
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|Test Duration||180 Minutes|
|Number of Sections||3 Sections- A, B & C|
|Number of Questions||60 Questions|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions, Multiple Select Questions & Numerical Answer Type|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||No negative marking in Section B & C but in section A, there will be negative marking of 1/3.|
|ONLINE Registration and Application Process||05-09-2018|
|Closure of ONLINE Application Process||10-10-2018|
|Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM)||10-02-2019|
|Announcement of JAM 2019 Result|
IIT JAM Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: The examination will be held in computer-based mode.
- Session: The exam will be organized into two sessions, i.e. 9 AM to 12 Noon & 2 PM to 5 PM.
- Sections: In the examinations, the questions will be asked in three different patterns such as Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- of Papers: Total seven papers will be organized for JAM exam.
- Duration: The exam duration will be three hours.
- Medium: The medium of the exam will be English only as per IIT JAM Exam Pattern.
- Number of Questions: Total 60 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking only in Section A.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Section A||30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||50|
|Section B||10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||20|
|Section C||20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||30|
IIT JAM Marking Scheme 2019
- Total 60 questions divided into three sections which will carry 100 marks available in in IIT JAM 2019.
- Section A: contains 10 multiple choice questions of 1 mark each and 20 MCQs of 2 marks each as mentioned in IIT JAM Exam Pattern.
- Section B: contains 10 multiple select questions of 2 marks each.
- Section C: contains 10 Numerical Answer type questions of 1 mark each and 20 questions of 2 marks each.
IIT JAM Exam Pattern and Negative Marking:
|Section B & C||No Negative Marking|
|Section A||For The 1 Mark Question, 1/3 Of Marks|
For 2 Marks Questions, 2/3 Marks
Download Here Free: IIT JAM Question Paper With Solution
IIT JAM Exam Pattern, Session and Timings:
- Indian Institute of Technology – Joint Admission Test is divided into two sessions.
- The first session will start at 9 am while the second session will begin at 2 pm:
|Biotechnology (BT)||Session II||2:00 pm – 5:00 pm|
|Biological Sciences (BL)||Session I||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Chemistry (CY)||Session II||2:00 pm – 5:00 pm|
|Geology (GG)||Session II||2:00 pm – 5:00 pm|
|Mathematical Statistics (MS)||Session II||2:00 pm – 5:00 pm|
|Mathematics (MA)||Session I||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Physics (PH)||Session I|
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
IIT JAM Paper Pattern – Section Wise Division
|Sections/Types||Section A||Section B||Section C|
|Number of Questions||30||10||20|
|Marks||10 questions 1 mark|
20 questions 2 marks
|2 marks for each question||10 questions 1 marks|
10 questions 2 marks
|Negative Marking||1/3 of marks will be deducted and for 2 marks questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted||No negative marking||No negative marking|
|Types of Question||Multiple Choice||Multiple Choice||No options will be displayed|
|Mode of Exam||Online||Online||Online|
|Total number of Question||60|
Also Read- IIT JAM Syllabus
IIT-JAM Paper Analysis
|IIT-JAM Chemistry||Download Here|
|IIT-JAM Physics||Download Here|
|IIT-JAM Mathematics||Download Here|
IIT JAM 2019 Exam Centres
|IISc Bangalore||Bengaluru, Hubli, Hyderabad, Kannur, Kozhikode, Mangalore, Palakkad, Trissur|
|IIT Bombay||Ahmedabad, Goa, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Vadodara|
|IIT Delhi||Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurgaon, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, New Delhi|
|IIT Guwahati||Asansol-Durgapur, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kalyani, Patna, Siliguri|
|IIT Kanpur||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi|
|IIT Kharagpur||Bhubaneswar, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi, Vijaywada, Visakhapatnam|
|IIT Madras||Chennai, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Kollam, Kottayam, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Warangal, Tirupati|
|IIT Roorkee||Dehradun, Jalandhar, Kurukshetra, NOIDA, Mohali, Moradabad, Roorkee|
Must Read- How to find Online Study Material
IIT JAM Paper Pattern – Instructions
- Online Virtual Calculator: The candidates should not bring any calculator with them as per IIT JAM Mathematics Exam Pattern.
- Mobile Phones Or Any Other Electronic Devices: are strictly prohibited inside examination hall.
- Charts, Graph Sheets, And Tables: are also NOT allowed inside the examination hall.
- A Scribble Pad: It will be provided for rough work and this has to be returned back at the end of the examination as per IIT JAM Exam Pattern Instructions.
- Selection Of MCQ And MSQ Type Questions: By using the mouse as per IIT JAM Physics Exam Pattern.
- Virtual Numeric Keypad: The answer for NAT questions can be entered using a virtual numeric keypad (the keyboard of the computer will be disabled).
Check Also: How Can You Write Fast In Exams?
Candidates, those who want to grab more details related to IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2019 must go through the Official Link. For latest updates regarding IIT JAM Exam Pattern and Syllabus you can bookmark our site recruitmentresult.com by presiding Ctrl + d key.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|IIT JAM Admit Card||IIT JAM Result|
|IIT JAM Answer Key||How To Find Online Study Material|
|Tips To Create Your Own Study Guide||How Can You Write Fast In Exams?|
|How To Maximize Your Score In Exam||Last Minute Exam Preparation Tips|