IIT JAM Exam Pattern
Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM 2020) is well known gateway for admission to the M.Sc. and other Post-Bachelor Degree Programmes. According to the IIT JAM Exam Pattern there are Total 3 Sections comprising 60 Questions of 100 marks in this National Level entrance examination. To secure high rank in the exam, you need to be familiar with IIT JAM 2020 Exam Pattern firstly. For acquiring more details related to Updated IIT JAM Paper Format, please have a look below…
IIT JAM 2020
|Conducting Body||Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and IISc|
|On behalf of||Ministry of Human Resources|
Development (MHRD), Government of India
|Name of the Exam||Joint Admission Test for M.Sc.|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|IIT JAM Admission Courses||M.Sc. (Two Years), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D.,|
M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other
Post-Bachelor Degree Programmes
|Required Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree with at least 55% aggregate|
|Number of Attempts||No Limit|
|IIT JAM Online Registration||1st week of Sep 2019|
|IIT JAM Admit Card Date||1st week of Jan 2020|
|IIT JAM 2020 Entrance Exam Date||2nd week of Jan 2020|
|IIT JAM Results Date||3rd week of March 2020|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|IIT JAM Helpdesk||03222-282091/282095 | |
IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2020
IIT JAM 2020 Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode:The examination will be held in computer-based mode.
- Session:The exam will be organized into two sessions, i.e. 9 AM to 12 Noon & 2 PM to 5 PM.
- Sections:In the examinations, the questions will be asked in three different patterns such as Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- of Papers:Total seven papers will be organized for JAM exam.
- Duration:The exam duration will be three hours.
- Medium:The medium of the exam will be English only as per IIT JAM Exam Pattern.
- Number of Questions:Total 60 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marks:The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Negative Marking:There will be negative marking only in Section A.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Section A||30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||50|
|Section B||10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||20|
|Section C||20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||30|
Do You Know: Tips To Reduce Negative Marking in Entrance Exam
IIT JAM Marking Scheme 2020
Total 60 questions divided into three sections which will carry 100 marks available in IIT JAM 2020.
- Section A:contains 10 multiple choice questions of 1 mark each and 20 MCQs of 2 marks each as mentioned in IIT JAM Exam Pattern.
- Section B:contains 10 multiple select questions of 2 marks each.
- Section C:contains 10 Numerical Answer type questions of 1 mark each and 20 questions of 2 marks each.
IIT JAM Exam Pattern – Negative Marking
|Section B & C||No Negative Marking|
|Section A||For 1 Mark Question, 1/3 Of Marks|
|For 2 Marks Questions, 2/3 Marks|
|Un-Attempted Questions||No Marks|
IIT JAM Paper Pattern – Section Wise Division
|Section A||Section B||Section C|
|Number of Questions|
|10 questions 1 mark||2 marks for|
|20 questions 2 marks||10 questions|
|1/3 of marks will be|
|For 2 marks questions,|
will be deducted
|Types of Question|
|Multiple Choice||Multiple Choice||No options|
Press Here: IIT JAM Exam Pattern
IIT JAM Exam Pattern – Session and Timings
- Indian Institute of Technology – Joint Admission Test is divided into two sessions.
- The first session will start at 9 am while the second session will begin at 2 pm:
|Biotechnology (BT)||Session II||2:00 pm – 5:00 pm|
|Biological Sciences (BL)||Session I||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Chemistry (CY)||Session II||2:00 pm – 5:00 pm|
|Geology (GG)||Session II||2:00 pm – 5:00 pm|
|Mathematical Statistics (MS)||Session II||2:00 pm – 5:00 pm|
|Mathematics (MA)||Session I||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Physics (PH)||Session I||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
Must Check IIT JAM Related Links Here
- IIT JAM
- IIT JAM Syllabus
- IIT JAM Preparation Tips
- IIT JAM Exam Centers
- IIT JAM Question Papers
- IIT JAM Admit Card
IIT JAM Paper Pattern – Instructions
Online Virtual Calculator: The candidates should not bring any calculator with them as per IIT JAM Mathematics Exam Pattern.
Mobile Phones Or Any Other Electronic Devices: strictly prohibited inside examination hall.
Charts, Graph Sheets, And Tables: NOT allowed inside the examination hall.
A Scribble Pad: It will be provided for rough work and this has to be returned back at the end of the examination as per IIT JAM Exam Pattern Instructions.
Selection Of MCQ And MSQ Type Questions: By using the mouse as per IIT JAM Physics Exam Pattern.
Virtual Numeric Keypad: The answer for NAT questions can be entered using a virtual numeric keypad (the keyboard of the computer will be disabled).
Do You Know: How To Maximize Your Score In Exam
IIT-JAM Paper Analysis
|IIT-JAM Chemistry||Download Here|
|IIT-JAM Physics||Download Here|
|IIT-JAM Mathematics||Download Here|
|IIT-JAM Biotechnology||Download Here|
IIT JAM Test Pattern Details
IIT JAM 2020 Examination for all the seven test papers will be carried out as ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT) where the candidates will be shown the questions in a random sequence on a computer screen. For all the seven test papers, the duration of the examination will be 3 hours. The medium for all the test papers will be English only. There will be a total of 60 questions carrying 100 marks.
How Can I Be Connected With Recruitmentresult.com?
Candidates, those who want to grab more details related to IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2020 are suggested to be in touch with us. For latest updates regarding IIT JAM Exam Pattern and Syllabus you can bookmark our site recruitmentresult.com by presiding Ctrl + d key.
Searches Related To IIT JAM Exam Pattern
Something That You Should Put An Eye On