IIT JAM Notification
Indian Institute of Technology has dispersed IIT JAM Notification for granting admission in M.Sc. (Two Years), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, M.Sc.-M.Tech., and other Post-Bachelor Degree Programmes. IIT will organize Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. on February 11, 2018 (Sunday). This date is fixed and final. JAM 2018 Online Application link will be available from 5 September 2017. Applicants are recommended to fill IIT Jam Registration form before October 10, 2017. For filling IIT JAM Application Form, you may visit jam.iitb.ac.in, link of which is placed below for your convenience. Ensure all details concerning IIT JAM Notification 2018 such as IIT JAM Exam date, IIT JAM Eligibility, ways to fill IIT JAM Online Application Form and other from here.
Overview of page:
IIT Joint Admission Test is a Computer Based ONLINE Examination. IIT Joint Admission Test is scheduled to be held at different centres across country like Bhubaneswar, Bombay, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Patna, Roorkee and Ropar. Indian Institute of Technology Bombay is the Organizing Institute having overall responsibility of conducting JAM 2018. Fetch entire useful information about IIT JAM Notification 2018 from this page well customized by team of recruitmentresult.com
IIT JAM Notification
Eligibility Requirements for Admission
- Candidates admitted through JAM should have a Bachelor’s degree. General/ OBC (NCL) Category personals should have possessed at least 55% aggregate marks without rounding off, (taking into account all subjects, including Languages and Subsidiaries, all years combined).
- Foreign Nationals may have minimum 50% aggregate marks without rounding off, (taking into account all subjects, including Languages and Subsidiaries, all years combined)
- Aspirants of SC/ ST and PwD Category must have possessed at least 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree.
- Contenders who have either appeared or are due to appear in the final examination of their qualifying degree in 2018 are also eligible to appear in the test.
Must Read This: IIT JAM Preparation Tips
Point to be noted:
It will entirely be accountability of the Candidate to prove that he/she satisfies the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for Admissions.
Admitting Institute has the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission of a candidate who is found to have been admitted to a course to which he/she is not entitled, being unqualified or ineligible in accordance with the rules and regulations.
- Candidates who are applying for Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. they have to pay application fee in the following way:
|Group / Category||Fee|
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|Female (All Categories)/SC/ST/ PwD||Rs.750/-||Rs.1050/-|
|General and OBC||Rs.1500/-||Rs.2100/-|
Mode of Payment
The application fee is to be paid through online mode using net banking account, debit or credit cards etc.
- Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. examination will have seven test papers, namely, Biological Sciences (BL), Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS) and Physics (PH), each of three hours duration.
- All the examination will be conducted in ONLINE mode only.
- Section–A contains a total of 30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) involving 10 questions of one mark each and 20 questions of two mark each.
- Section–B contains a total of 10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) carrying two marks each.
- Section–C contains a total of 20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions involving 10 questions of one mark each and 10 questions of two mark each.
- A candidate can appear in either one or two test papers subject to the restrictions of test schedule given below.
Must Check Below Provided Links:
IIT Joint Admission Test Scheme:
|Session||Time||Test Papers and Codes|
|9:00 a.m. -12:00 noon||Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY),|
Geology (GG) and Mathematical Statistics (MS)
|II||2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.||Biological Sciences (BL), Mathematics (MA)|
and Physics (PH)
IIT JAM Syllabus:
- It is divided into three sections, i.e. Section A, B & C.
- IIT JAM comprise of various topics such as BL (Biological Sciences), BT (Biotechnology), GC (Geology), MS (Mathematical Statistics), CY (Chemistry), PH (Physics) and MA (Mathematics).
How to Apply Online:
To fill application form, you can check below mention steps:
- Visit official website of the organization that is jam.iitd.ac.in
- On the home page, choose appropriate link to fill application form.
- Now register yourself by filling name, a valid E-mail address, a working mobile number and a password.
- After registration, login with the same ID to fill application form
- Fill Online Application Form with all the details carefully.
- Upload your scanned images and pay the application fee.
- After completing the form, recheck it again and hit “Submit” button.
- At last take a print out of the form and keep it safely for further use.
|IISc Bangalore||Bengaluru, Hubli, Hyderabad, Kannur, Kozhikode, Mangalore, Palakkad, Trissur|
|IIT Bombay||Ahmedabad, Goa, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Vadodara|
|IIT Delhi||Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurugram, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, New Delhi|
|IIT Guwahati||Asansol-Durgapur, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kalyani, Patna, Siliguri|
|IIT Kanpur||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi|
|IIT Kharagpur||Bhubaneswar, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi, Vijaywada, Visakhapatnam|
|IIT Madras||Chennai, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Kollam, Kottayam, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Warangal|
|IIT Roorkee||Dehradun, Jalandhar, Kurukshetra, NOIDA, Mohali, Moradabad, Roorkee|
Do You Know?How to Get a Free College Education
|Events||IIT JAM dates|
|Commencement of ONLINE Registration and Application on JAM 2018 Website||September 05, 2017|
|Last Date for Payment of Application Fee through Online process||October 10, 2017 (Tuesday)|
|Date of JAM 2018 Examination||February 11, 2018 (Sunday)|
|Announcement of the Results of JAM 2018||March 20, 2018 (Tuesday)|
|Submission of Application Form for Admission on the JAM 2018 Website||April 03 – 17, 2018|
|Last Date for receipt of request for change of category in proper format/ rectification of defective documents at IIT Bombay||April 17, 2018 (Tuesday)|
|Declaration of First Admission List||May 22, 2018 (Tuesday)|
|Declaration of Second Admission List||June 12, 2018 (Tuesday)|
|Declaration of Third and Final Admission List||June 29, 2018 (Friday)|
|Closure of Admissions through JAM 2018||July 05, 2018 (Thursday)|
Check Related Links:
To see all the remaining details about IIT JAM Notification 2018, you can check Official Website. If you have any query related to the posts, you can simply leave a comment in below mention comment box. Our experts will try to sort out your problem as soon as possible. You can book mark our page by pressing Ctrl + D to collect all the upcoming details.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Top Universities in India||Top Colleges in India|
|Scholarship in India||Education Loans for Students|
|Common Mistakes You Make in Tests||Do you need Money for College Fee?|
|Tips For Students To Manage Stress||How to Make Own Study Guide|