As per the Rail Budget 2018, Rs.1.48 Lakh Crore is decided to be invested in Railways in the year 2018-19. This time safety of passengers is the priority measure. CCTV & Wi-Fi expediency will be given to almost all stations.
Prior to this year the Railway Budget was decided for the first time in 92 years and it was merged with the Union Budget. That is the reason the Rail Budget and Union Budget will get declared on same day as well.
Announcements regarding Railway budget 2018 are made between FM Arun Jaitley’s Budget 2018 speeches. All the provisions and suggestions regarding Railway budget 2018 are declared by the Finance Minister today in Between the budget 2018 speech.
This year the expectations were high as the passenger safety is on stake. We hope the changes will prove to be beneficial and the rail networks become smoother and Rail Travelling becomes safer than before.
Rail Budget 2018-19
Due to day to day activities going, now it is essential to provide safety to passengers who travel in Indian Railways. Hence this time the railway ministry added efforts towards the safety of passengers travel.
How much the Budget Of Railways Amounts?
As per the announcement of Rail Budget for the year 2018-19 the government has decided to invest 1.48 Lakh Crore in the development of Railway Networks and providing other safety measures .
Confusion in Railway ministry as Budget speech pegs capex at Rs 1.48 lakh crore, while the railways was given to understand it was Rs 1.46 lakh crore. Officials are looking into it.For Indian Railways, the government allocates capital expenditure of Rs 1,48,528 crore for 2018-19.
Read Important Features: Highlights of Railway Budget India 2018-19
Carrying Capacity will also be enhanced:
- The government is focused to enhance carrying capacity of railways.
- 12,000 wagons, 5160 coaches and 700 locomotives are on the way.
Redevelopment of Railway Stations:
- Redevelopment of 600 major railway stations has been taken up.
- Stations having more than 25,000 footfalls will have escalators
Development of Railway Networks:
- Optimal electrification of the railway network
- Specialized Railway University in Vadodara will be set up. The main aim of this university will be training personnel about the advancement of Bullet Train
Read Key Points: Important Highlights of Union Budget 2018–19
Expansion of Railway Lines:
- Mumbai transport system is being expanded; suburban network of 160 km planned for Bengaluru.
- Pune-Lonavala 3rd and 4th railway line have taken into consideration and Rs 4,253 crore has been allocated for it.
Check on Safety Measures:
- A government report tabled in Lok Sabha last month said that more than 35 train accidents were reported last year.
- The report said 29 rail accidents occurred in the first six months killing 58 people.
- Considering all these accidents the government decided to redevelop 600 major railway stations
- All railways stations and trains to have Wi-Fi and CCTVs progressively
- Focus will be on safety, maintenance of railway tracks, increase in use of technology and fog safety devices
Read about Benefits,Taxation : Budget 2018–19
Role of Rail Minister in this Plan:
Piyush Goyal, the honorable Railway Minister of India had taken the step towards Passanger’s safety in Railways forward. Previous Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu had brought the idea of replacing old coaches with newer, safer ones and hiring more trackmen to manually patrol the tracks etc
The idea of Prabhu of replacing ICF coaches with newer LHC ones was good but the experts stated that it will take around 25-40 years for ICF coaches to be totally replaced. In this budget Finance Minister also talk about it.
Read Full Budget: Union Budget 2018–19
What was the Plan Earlier?
This is not enough the Rail Ministry has also set a target to eliminate all unmanned level crossings over the next 3-4 years. In the session 2017-18 Union Budget, “Rashtriya Rail Sanraksha Kosh” (RRSK) was made with an amount of Rs.1 lakh crore with the motive of safety related works over Indian Railways for improving safety of tracks, rolling stock and proliferation of other safety technologies and training of staff.
Must Read: Read Full BUDGET In Hindi
In December 2017 it was stated that Rs.63,063 crore was assigned to it for passenger safety in 2016-17 Union Budget. However, the actual expenditure ended up being Rs.55,918 crore. A total of Rs.7,145 crore meant for passenger safety went unspent. That all showed the failure of Railway Ministry in maintaining the Railway organization and funds allotted.
For Latest Updates In Your Mail Box: Submit Mail ID Here
If you have any suggestions regarding this article then you may mention your comments in below given comment box.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On