Indira Gandhi Scholarship
Online applications are invited from eligible candidates by University Grants Commission to provide Indira Gandhi Scholarship for promotion girls education. Girls, who wish to pursue higher education / Post Graduate course may apply for this scheme.
UGC has introduced a Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2018 for Single Girl Child with an aim to compensate direct costs of girl education to all levels. Every year numbers of fellowships are awarded out for empowerment and education of girl candidates especially for such girls who happen to be the only girl child in their family.
Union Government of India has plan out the scheme for uplift the status of women by supporting post graduate education of single girl child in non-professional courses only and by recognizing the value of observance of small family norm.
More information regarding Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2018 like eligibility conditions, how to apply, amounts awarded etc can be checked in the underneath segment of this page of recruitmentresult.com.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
Only those girl students who are admitted to various non-professional PG courses in Universities / Colleges and happen to be the only girl child in the family without having any brother or the girl student who are twin daughters/ fraternal daughter may also apply for scholarship under the aforesaid scheme.
Check Here: UGC Scholarship
- Female aspirant who will be a single girl child of her parents will be eligible to apply for the concern.
- The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Masters Degree course in any recognized university or a post graduate college.
- This scholarship is available to PG-I year student only. Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
Know: Scholarship Benefits
Applier girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in PG courses are eligible to apply for the scheme.
Any selected candidates for above declared scheme will obtain amount of Rs. 3100/- per month as a fellowship amount which is provided by reputed organization.
Nature of Assistance Available Under the Scheme:
- Total number of slots for scholarships may be decided every year on the basis of eligible application correct in all respects, received through online mode against the advertisement to be published in National Dailies as well as on the UGC website.
- Simultaneously, the award letter will also be uploaded on UGC website which may be downloaded with the respective ID generated at the time of processing of the submission of their application form through online mode.
- It is expected from the institutions where student has taken admission in the first year PG course, no tuition fees will be charged by the institute from girl students to pursue PG degree course in Universities / Colleges / Institutions covered under UGC Act.
- Value of Scholarship is Rs.2000/- per month for a period of two years only (10 months in the year) i.e. full duration of a PG course.
Must Look: How To Prepare For Scholarship
Selection would be made by the Expert committee as per the procedure of the commission. Result in respect of the list of selected candidates will be uploaded on the UGC website www.ugc.ac.in.
How to fill online application for Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child?
- Willing aspirants need to firstly log on to official website of University Grant Commission that is www.ugc.ac.in.
- Now hit on “e-SARTS Scholarships-Fellowships” link visible at the right side of home page and further select “Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child” link from the appeared page.
- Read all the provided instruction carefully and then select “apply now” button available on the page.
- Fill all required details in blank textboxes.
- Upload copies of your documents (if applicable).
- Then save and continue.
- Then registration id will be generated.
- Now go to qualification information.
- Fill all mandatory details in regard of your qualification.
- Lastly, submit your details within given time.
Check Now: How to Apply For Scholarship
Attachments / Documents To Be Submitted:
- Candidate should upload scanned copies of an affidavit on Rs. 50/-stamp paper duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazatted Officer.
- Copy of Joining report from College / University where student have taken admission to 1st year Post Graduation course.
Last Date to Apply Online: Last week of August 2018
Note: You can apply for Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2018 directly using this Official Link.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|How to Get a Free College Education||College is Registered OR AICTE Approved?|
|How to Start a New Life In College?||How Do Toppers Study?|
|Education Loans for Students||Do you need Money for College Fee?|