International Yoga Day
International Yoga Day is going to be celebrated on 21st June 2017 (Tuesday). In all over the India various events are going to be conduct but main event will be held at Chandigarh. Last year Prime Minister Narendra Modi celebrated International Yoga Day in New Delhi on Rajpath and this year he will attend event in Chandigarh. AYUSH Ministry has released a song for International Yoga Day 2017. From this article of recruitmentresult.com, you can know about Significance of Day of Yoga, Event of International Yoga Day, Highlights and Main event etc.
Highlights for International Yoga Day
- AYUSH Ministry Releases Song For International Yoga Day
- Yoga Day: Haryana Declares Holiday In Offices During First 2 Working Hours
- 9 Chinese Cities To Host Yoga Day Celebrations
- Yoga Day To Be Held At Potters Fields Park In London
- Yoga Day Event At 7 Places In Delhi
- Tadasana: The Art of Balancing Your Body
- Indian Peacekeepers, UN Diplomats To Join Yoga Day Celebrations
- Virabhadrasana II: How to Do the Warrior Pose II, Steps and Benefits
- Chinese-Origin Yoga Teacher To Release Music Video On Yoga Day
- Tamil Nadu Teacher To Perform 69-Hour Yoga For Guinness Record
Read Also:- Benefits of Yoga For Students
Events of International Yoga Day
In India various events are going to be conduct on International Yoga Day. Some programs are going to be held on a large level and some on small level. List of programs in Chandigarh and Delhi is given below. AYUSH ministry said yoga, seminars, workshops, musical and cultural programmes based on yoga will be conducted on yoga day in all over the India. Main event of this year will be held in Chandigarh.
- Chandigarh Capitol complex
- Connaught Place, Delhi
- Lodhi Garden, Delhi
- Nehru Park, Delhi
- Talkatora Stadium, Delhi
- Swarn Jayanti Park in Rohini, Delhi
- District Park in Dwarka, Delhi
- Yamuna Sports Complex in Surajmal Vihar, Delhi
Significance of Day of Yoga
International Yoga Day is organized on June 21 declared to be internationally recognized by the United Nations General Assembly. On September 27, 2014 International Yoga Day is approved UN General Assembly after address of honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Also June 21 date is suggested by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi because this date is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and has special significance in many parts of the world.
Yoga is a priceless present of India’s ancient tradition. In India Yoga is considered to be old mental, physical and spiritual practice from 6,000 year as it embodies unity of mind and body. Yoga was initiated in India before thousand years ago. At that time people were used of meditation to transform their body and mind. Yoga is not only an exercise but to determine the sense of oneness within you, the world and the nature.
Main event of International Yoga Day at Chandigarh
- Main event of International Yoga is going to be held on June 21 at Capitol Complex Chandigarh. Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to attend this program. Duration of this event will be one hour. Candidates from Chandigarh, Punjab and Haryana will also participate in this event.
- UT Administration has selected around 1,600 participants from general public for second edition of International Yoga Day. It is expected that 30,000 candidates will participate in this program. 10,000 each candidates will be from Chandigarh, Punjab and Haryana. According to the assets registration has reached 1, 20, 000.
- Those who will not be able to participate in the main event, will also participate in small event, which will be held at other locations in Chandigarh. Also 180 training centres have been set up across Chandigarh which will also celebrate International Yoga Day.
- governor has launched the toll-free Number- 18001802072, Twitter handle “iydchd2017”, Facebook page “International Day of Yoga 2017, Chandigarh”, Instagram account “International Day of Yoga 2017”, Youtube channel “International Day of Yoga 2017 Chandigarh” for registration.
The International Yoga Day is going to be celebrated with Glee in India. In whole country people will celebrate it by attending camps in their localities. Let us work towards adopting an International Yoga Day.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On