JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria will be issued by the Central Board of Secondary Education. Those aspirants who are planning to appear in JEE Main entrance exam are required to meet with the JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2018. Joint Entrance Examination is conducted by CBSE board for admission to B.E./B.Tech & B.Arch courses. Candidates can get related information about JEE Main Age Criteria and qualification from this page.
On the basis of JEE Main Examination, candidates are admitted to IITs, ISM and other engineering institutions. Candidates are informed that before filling the JEE Main 2018 application form, it is required to hold Aadhaar Card because they have to provide Aadhaar card number, name and date of birth. To get further information about JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2018, candidates need to read the whole page which is well structured by the team of recruitmentresult.com
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- Students who are born on or after October 1, 1993 are eligible to apply for JEE Main 2018.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST and PWD, must have been born on or after October 1, 1988 to be eligible for JEE Main. Candidates of these categories have been given a relaxation of 5 years.
Accessibility of Aadhaar Card:
It is significant for JEE Main 2018 candidates to hold Aadhaar Card because while filling the JEE Main application form 2018, candidates will have to provide their Aadhaar card number, name, date of birth and gender for identification and authentication purposes. Candidates must make certain that the details provided in their Aadhaar Card matches with that of their school records.
Aspirants who do not possess Aadhaar Card and have passed or appearing in Class XII from J&K, Meghalaya and Assam, will have to enter their passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided that they should select the city of examination in these states only.
A JEE Main candidate can avail 3 attempts for the national level undergraduate engineering entrance exam.
Get List of: Engineering Entrance Exams
Minimum marks required for IIT JEE Mains 2018:
Candidates must have passed 12th class or are appearing in class 12th or qualifying exam in 2016 or 2017 can also apply for JEE Main 2018
JEE Mains Eligibility Criteria for students belonging to the general category: The Students must have secured a minimum of 75% marks in their class 12th board exams or they must rank among the top 20 percentile in their qualifying examination for getting admissions into different IITs, NITs, IIITs and other CFTIs.
JEE Mains Eligibility Criteria for students belonging to the reserved categories (SC, ST & Pwd): A minimum of 65% marks are required for getting admissions into different undergraduate courses offered at IITs, NITs, IIITs and other CFTIs
Subjects pursued in the Qualifying Examination:
Students are not eligible for appearing in JEE Mains who have studied less than 5 subjects in their qualifying exam.
- Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject (Any one of them)
- Any other subject
Get Preparation Material Here:
Year of passing in the Qualifying Examination:
- Applicants who have passed their 12th Class examination or any other equivalent qualifying examination in 2016 or 2017 are eligible for appearing in JEE Mains 2018.
- Students currently appearing for their Class 12th examination or any other equivalent qualifying examination are also eligible, provided their result should be declared before 15th of June 2018.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria for Qualifying Examination:
To be eligible for JEE Main 2018, candidates will have to qualify in any of the following exams given below:
- 10+2 or any equivalent exam, conducted by any recognized board like CBSE, ICSE, Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi etc
- Intermediate or Pre-University Course or Pre-Degree Course examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University
- Final examination of the 2 year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy
- Vocational examination of H.S.C
- National Institute of Open Schooling conducted Senior Secondary School Examination with a minimum of 5 subjects.
Read Out: 3 Step For JEE Main Login
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria for Year of appearance in Qualifying Examination:
- Candidates who have passed class 10+2 or those who will appear in class XII or any other equivalent examination in 2018 will be eligible to appear in JEE Main 2018.
- Those candidates who have passed class 10+2 or any other equivalent examination in 2015 or before and those who will appear in such examination in 2019 or later will not be considered as eligible to appear in JEE Main 2018.
Eligibility for Class 12 Droppers:
- The eligibility conditions for year droppers do not differ, though, they must fall under age category of 24 years.
- There is no relaxation in terms of marks required in class 12 exams. Candidates must have obtained 75% marks in 5 subjects.
- Those who fulfill the eligibility criteria will sit for JEE Main Paper 1 and Paper 2 exam in the first week of April 2018.
Know How To Apply? JEE MAIN Registration Online Process
Age limit for the states of Madhya Pradesh and Odisha:
- The states of Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland and Odisha have joined the JEE Main exam system since 2014.
- The age limit and number of attempts for admission to institutions in these states will be followed as per their past practices.
- However, this will not be applicable for admission to IITs/ NITs/ IIITs/ GFTIs.
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria (State Code):
The JEE Main 2018 State Code means the code of the State from where a candidate has passed class 10+2 or equivalent exam on the basis of which he or she will become eligible to appear in the entrance exam.
|Name of State/ UT||Code||Name of State/ UT||Code|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands (UT)||01||Lakshadweep (UT)||19|
|Andhra Pradesh||02||Madhya Pradesh||20|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli (UT)||08||Odisha||26|
|Daman & Diu (UT)||09||Puducherry (UT)||27|
|Jammu & Kashmir||15||Uttar Pradesh||33|
|Foreign/ OCI/ PIO/ Nepal / Bhutan||98|
Get Here List of Institutes: JEE Main Participating Colleges
To get more information about JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2018, you are required to visit the Official Link. If you are satisfied with the above stated information then you can bookmark this page. If you have any doubt so you can ask in comment box which is provided below.
Something That You Should Put an Eye On
|JEE MAIN Cut Off Marks||JEE Main Exam Pattern|
|JEE Main Counselling||JEE Main Result|
|JEE Main Exam Answer Key||JEE MAIN Admit Card|
|JEE Main Preparation Tips||About JEE Mains Form|