JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus
Updated JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus is available here!! Download Topic Wise JEE Main Maths Syllabus of Paper 1 and Paper 2 from this page. You may also check JEE Main Paper 2 Maths Syllabus and JEE Main Paper 1 Maths Syllabus With Weightage. Apart from it, we have provided the direct link to download JEE Main Mathematics 2020 Syllabus PDF. So, please have a look and grab detail regarding topics which are going to be used to design JEE Main Question Paper in exam.
JEE Main Examination Overview
|Name of the Examination||NTA Joint Entrance Examination|
|Common Name||JEE Main|
|Exam conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Level of Examination||National level|
|Mode of Examination||Computer-based|
|Admission In||NITs, CFTIs and IIITs|
|Number of candidates registered in Jan -2019||1, 80,052|
|Number of candidates appeared in Jan -2019||1,45,386|
|All India Rank 1 Holder’s||04|
|Number of State wise Toppers in paper-2||37|
|Dates of Examination||January 2020|
JEE Main Maths Syllabus 2020
Unit 1: IIT JEE Mathematics Syllabus of Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Sets and their representation.
- Union, intersection, and complement of sets and their algebraic properties
- Power set Relation, Types of relations, equivalence relations.
- Functions; one-one, into and onto functions, the composition of functions.
- JEE Main 2020 Mathematics Syllabus
- IIT JEE Mathematics Syllabus for Main
Unit 2: JEE Main Maths Syllabus of Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Complex numbers as ordered pairs of reals.
- Representation of complex numbers in the form (a+ib) and their representation in a plane, Argand diagram.
- Algebra of complex numbers, modulus and argument (or amplitude) of a complex number, square root of a complex number.
- Triangle inequality.
- Quadratic equations in real and complex number system and their solutions.
- The relation between roots and coefficients, nature of roots, the formation of quadratic equations with given roots.
You May Also Check: JEE Main Syllabus
Unit 3: IIT JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus of Matrices and Determinants
- Matrices: Algebra of matrices, types of matrices, and matrices of order two and three.
- Determinants: Properties of determinants, evaluation of determinants, the area of triangles using determinants.
- Adjoint and evaluation of inverse of a square matrix using determinants and elementary transformations.
- Test of consistency and solution of simultaneous linear equations in two or three variables using determinants and matrices.
Unit 4: JEE Main Maths Exam Syllabus of Permutations and Combinations
- The fundamental principle of counting.
- Permutation as an arrangement and combination as selection.
- The meaning of P (n,r) and C (n,r). Simple applications.
Do You Know About? Best JEE Main Books
Unit 5: Syllabus Of JEE Main Mathematics 2020 of Mathematical Induction
- The principle of Mathematical Induction and its simple applications.
Unit 6: IIT JEE Mathematics Main Syllabus of Binomial Theorem
- Binomial theorem for a positive integral index.
- General term and middle term.
- Properties of Binomial coefficients and simple applications.
Read Here: JEE Main Preparation Tips
Unit 7: JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus of Sequence and Series
- Arithmetic and Geometric progressions, insertion of arithmetic.
- Geometric means between two given numbers.
- The relation between A.M. and G.M.
- Sum up to n terms of special series: Sn, Sn2, Sn3.
- Arithmetic Geometric progression.
Unit 8: JEE Main Maths Syllabus of Limit, Continuity and Differentiability
- Real-valued functions, algebra of functions, polynomials, rational, trigonometric, logarithmic and exponential functions, inverse functions.
- Graphs of simple functions.
- Limits, continuity, and differentiability.
- Differentiation of the sum, difference, product, and quotient of two functions.
- Differentiation of trigonometric, inverse trigonometric, logarithmic, exponential, composite and implicit functions; derivatives of order up to two.
- Rolle’s and Lagrange’s Mean Value Theorems.
- Applications of derivatives: Rate of change of quantities, monotonic increasing and decreasing functions, Maxima, and minima of functions of one variable, tangents, and normals.
Want To Know? How To Prepare For JEE Main
Unit 9: IIT JEE Main Maths 2020 Syllabus of Integral Calculus
- Integral as an antiderivative.
- Fundamental integrals involving algebraic, trigonometric, exponential and logarithmic functions.
- Integration by substitution, by parts, and by partial fractions.
- Integration using trigonometric identities.
- Integral as limit of a sum.
- Evaluation of simple integrals:
- Fundamental Theorem of Calculus.
- Properties of definite integrals, evaluation of definite integrals, determining areas of the regions bounded by simple curves in standard form.
Unit 10: JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus of Differential Equations
- Ordinary differential equations, their order, and degree.
- Formation of differential equations.
- The solution of differential equations by the method of separation of variables.
- The solution of homogeneous and linear differential equations of the type:
Unit 11: JEE Main Maths Syllabus of Coordinate Geometry
- Cartesian system of rectangular coordinates
- Various forms of equations of a line, intersection of lines, angles between two lines, conditions for concurrence of three lines.
- Equations of internal and external bisectors of angles
- Circles, conic sections
- Sections of cones, equations of conic sections
Solve Here: JEE Main Mock Test
Unit 12: JEE Main Mathematics 2020 Syllabus of 3D Geometry
- Coordinates of a point in space, the distance between two points.
- Section formula, direction ratios and direction cosines, the angle between two intersecting lines.
- Skew lines, the shortest distance between them and its equation.
- Equations of a line and a plane in different forms, the intersection of a line and a plane, coplanar lines.
Unit 13: JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus of Vector Algebra
- Scalars and Vectors. Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of vectors.
- Vector’s Components in 2D and 3D space.
- Scalar products and vector products, triple product.
Unit 14: JEE Main Maths Syllabus of Statistics and Probability
- Measures of Dispersion: Calculation of mean, mode, median, variance, standard deviation, and mean deviation of ungrouped and grouped data.
- Probability: Probability of events, multiplication theorems, addition theorems, Baye’s theorem, Bernoulli trials, Binomial distribution and probability distribution.
Get Details of: JEE Main Exam Pattern
Unit 15: JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus of Trigonometry
- Identities of Trigonometry and Trigonometric equations.
- Functions of Trigonometry.
- Properties of Inverse trigonometric functions.
- Problems on Heights and Distances.
Unit 16: JEE Main Maths Syllabus of Mathematical Reasoning
- Statements and logical operations: or, and, implied by, implies, only if and if.
- Understanding of contradiction, tautology, contrapositive and converse.
Press Here>>>>JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus 2020 PDF Download
Check Here>>>> NTA JEE Main Official Portal
JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus With Weightage
|Units||Syllabus||Chapter Wise Weightage|
|Unit 1||Sets, Relation and|
|Unit 2||Complex Numbers and|
|Unit 5||Mathematical Induction||1%|
|Unit 6||Binomial Theorem||1%|
|Unit 7||Sequences & Series||5%|
|Unit 8||Limit, Continuity|
|Unit 9||Integral Calculus||6%|
|Unit 10||Differential Equations||2%|
|Unit 11||Co-ordinate Geometry||3%|
|Unit 13||Vector Algebra||5%|
|Unit 14||Statistics and Probability||7%|
JEE Main Mathematics 2020 Syllabus PDF Download
JEE Main Examination comprises of two papers, i.e. paper 1 (for B.E/ B.Tech) and paper 2 (for B.Arch/ B.Planing). Both papers have Mathematics section including various topics. There will be 30 questions of 120 marks asked in Mathematics examination.
You may download JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus PDF to get details regarding topics. We have provided the direct link to download JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus 2020 PDF at the above section as per your comfort. So, please have a look.
We hope you are satisfied with our page of JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus 2020. Candidates can visit our site recruitmentresult.com time to time to get the latest information of JEE Main Maths Syllabus PDF.
Important Links Related to JEE – Must Check