JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus 2019
Mathematics is scoring subjects among other subjects of Joint Entrance Examination Main 2019. In order to get clear idea about where to concentrate your efforts you should check JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus 2019 to be aware about all important topics.
JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus PDF
To start the preparation of Maths for JEE Main 2019 Exam, go through complete updated JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus to score high possible marks. We have provide JEE Main Maths Syllabus with chapter wise Weightage of each topics on this page, must check here.
IIT JEE Main Mathematics 2019 Syllabus
Maths plays a very important role to improve calculation skills. To get strong command over concepts and topics, practice daily to increase your speed and accuracy. If you are going to participate in JEE main exam which will held on 06-01-2019 paper I or on 08-01-2019 paper II must prepare according to JEE Main Mathematics Exam Syllabus
Applicants who wondering to check the complete Updated JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus 2019 PDF must go through the below stated page which is well presented by the expert team member of recruitmentresult.com.
JEE Main 2019 Imp Dates
|Application form available||01-09-2018|
|Mock test available||08-09-2018|
|TPCs registration starts||10-09-2018|
|Last date for application submission||30-09-2018|
|Last date for fee payment & image uploading||01-10-2018|
|Announcement of allotted exam date & shift||05-10-2018|
|Application correction||08 to 14-10-2019|
|Announcement of allotted exam centre||19-10-2018|
|Downloading of admit card||17-12-2018|
|Exam date (paper 1)||06 to 20-01-2019|
|Exam date (paper 2)||08-01-2019|
Check Out Complete: JEE Main Syllabus
JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus
Unit 1 Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Sets and their representation.
- Union, intersection, and complement of sets and their algebraic properties
- Power set Relation, Types of relations, equivalence relations.
- Functions; one-one, into and onto functions, the composition of functions.
Unit 2 Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Complex numbers as ordered pairs of reals.
- Representation of complex numbers in the form (a+ib) and their representation in a plane, Argand diagram.
- Algebra of complex numbers, modulus and argument (or amplitude) of a complex number, square root of a complex number.
- Triangle inequality.
- Quadratic equations in real and complex number system and their solutions.
- The relation between roots and coefficients, nature of roots, the formation of quadratic equations with given roots.
Download Free: JEE Main Previous Year Papers
Unit 3 Matrices and Determinants
- Matrices: Algebra of matrices, types of matrices, and matrices of order two and three.
- Determinants: Properties of determinants, evaluation of determinants, the area of triangles using determinants.
- Adjoint and evaluation of inverse of a square matrix using determinants and elementary transformations.
- Test of consistency and solution of simultaneous linear equations in two or three variables using determinants and matrices.
Unit 4 Permutations and Combinations
- The fundamental principle of counting.
- Permutation as an arrangement and combination as selection.
- The meaning of P (n,r) and C (n,r). Simple applications.
Unit 5 Mathematical Induction
- The principle of Mathematical Induction and its simple applications.
Unit 6 Binomial Theorem
- Binomial theorem for a positive integral index.
- General term and middle term.
- Properties of Binomial coefficients and simple applications.
START Practice With: JEE Main Mock Test
Unit 7 Sequence and Series
- Arithmetic and Geometric progressions, insertion of arithmetic.
- Geometric means between two given numbers.
- The relation between A.M. and G.M.
- Sum up to n terms of special series: Sn, Sn2, Sn3.
- Arithmetic Geometric progression.
Unit 8 Limit, Continuity and Differentiability
- Real-valued functions, algebra of functions, polynomials, rational, trigonometric, logarithmic and exponential functions, inverse functions.
- Graphs of simple functions.
- Limits, continuity, and differentiability.
- Differentiation of the sum, difference, product, and quotient of two functions.
- Differentiation of trigonometric, inverse trigonometric, logarithmic, exponential, composite and implicit functions; derivatives of order up to two.
- Rolle’s and Lagrange’s Mean Value Theorems.
- Applications of derivatives: Rate of change of quantities, monotonic increasing and decreasing functions, Maxima, and minima of functions of one variable, tangents, and normals.
Get Best Answer: How to Prepare For JEE Mains
Unit 9 Integral Calculus
- Integral as an antiderivative.
- Fundamental integrals involving algebraic, trigonometric, exponential and logarithmic functions.
- Integration by substitution, by parts, and by partial fractions.
- Integration using trigonometric identities.
- Integral as limit of a sum.
- Evaluation of simple integrals:
- Fundamental Theorem of Calculus.
- Properties of definite integrals, evaluation of definite integrals, determining areas of the regions bounded by simple curves in standard form.
Unit 10 Differential Equations
- Ordinary differential equations, their order, and degree.
- Formation of differential equations.
- The solution of differential equations by the method of separation of variables.
- The solution of homogeneous and linear differential equations of the type:
Unit 11 Coordinate Geometry
- Cartesian system of rectangular coordinates
- Various forms of equations of a line, intersection of lines, angles between two lines, conditions for concurrence of three lines.
- Equations of internal and external bisectors of angles
- Circles, conic sections
- Sections of cones, equations of conic sections
Check Out List Of: JEE Main Books
Unit 12 3D Geometry
- Coordinates of a point in space, the distance between two points.
- Section formula, direction ratios and direction cosines, the angle between two intersecting lines.
- Skew lines, the shortest distance between them and its equation.
- Equations of a line and a plane in different forms, the intersection of a line and a plane, coplanar lines.
Unit 13 Vector Algebra
- Scalars and Vectors. Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of vectors.
- Vector’s Components in 2D and 3D space.
- Scalar products and vector products, triple product.
Unit 14 Statistics and Probability
- Measures of Dispersion: Calculation of mean, mode, median, variance, standard deviation, and mean deviation of ungrouped and grouped data.
- Probability: Probability of events, multiplication theorems, addition theorems, Baye’s theorem, Bernoulli trials, Binomial distribution and probability distribution.
Unit 15 Trigonometry
- Identities of Trigonometry and Trigonometric equations.
- Functions of Trigonometry.
- Properties of Inverse trigonometric functions.
- Problems on Heights and Distances.
Unit 16 Mathematical Reasoning
- Statements and logical operations: or, and, implied by, implies, only if and if.
- Understanding of contradiction, tautology, contrapositive and converse.
Download Here>> JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus PDF
JEE Main Mathematics Weightage (Chapter Wise)
Chapter-wise weightage of IIT JEE Mathematics Syllabus 2019 is important to clear idea about where to concentrate more and less. So here we have a chapter-wise analysis of JEE Main Mathematics Updated Syllabus. Students must prepare accordingly and focus or worthy topics.
|Units||Syllabus||Chapter Wise Weightage|
|Unit 1||Sets, Relation and|
|Unit 2||Complex Numbers and|
|Unit 5||Mathematical Induction||1%|
|Unit 6||Binomial Theorem||1%|
|Unit 7||Sequences & Series||5%|
|Unit 8||Limit, Continuity|
|Unit 9||Integral Calculus||6%|
|Unit 10||Differential Equations||2%|
|Unit 11||Co-ordinate Geometry||3%|
|Unit 13||Vector Algebra||5%|
|Unit 14||Statistics and Probability||7%|
JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern
Examination will comprise of two papers, i.e. paper 1 (for B.E/B.Tech) and paper 2 (for B.Arch/B.Planing):
- Exam Mode: The examination will be organized in online (computer based) mode. The drawing test for Paper 2 will be conducted through offline mode.
- Type of Questions (Paper 1): The question paper will comprise of objective type questions.
- Type of Questions (Paper 2): Mathematics and aptitude section will be of objective type questions and drawing test will be subjective.
- Duration: The total exam duration will be three hours. The paper 1 will be conducted in two sittings, i.e. 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM and 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM. Paper 2 will be held in one shift only.
- Medium: The question paper will be asked in English, Hindi & Gujarati languages.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be provided for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Pattern for Paper 1 (BE/B.Tech):
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Pattern for Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan):
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Get Detailed: JEE Main Exam Pattern
JEE Main Mathematics Preparation Books
- Maths XI & XII by NCERT
- Trigonometry by S. L. Loney
- Co-ordinate Geometry by S. L. Loney
- Higher Algebra by Hall & Knight
- Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron
We hope you are satisfied with our page of JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus 2019. Candidates can visit our site recruitmentresult.com time to time to get the latest information. You can also join us on Facebook and Google plus to receive latest updates and we will send the updates on your Facebook wall.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|JEE MAIN Admit Card||JEE MAIN Application Form|
|JEE Main Exam Centres||JEE Main Slot Booking|
|JEE Main Rank Predictor||JEE Main Counselling|
|JEE MAIN Cut Off Marks||JEE Main Answer Key|
|JEE MAIN Registration||JEE Main Result|
|JEE Main Exam Dates||JEE Main Eligibility|