The authorities of Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) have changed the Part B of JEST Syllabus i.e. the Physics Part. Here we are providing the new and updated JEST Physics Syllabus and also the JEST Computer Science Syllabus. Now you can also download the JEST Syllabus 2018 online in PDF format by following the instructions given in the below section of this page.
Applicants can get the Physics/ Chemistry/ Maths syllabus and exam pattern in the below section. Organization announces JEST Test Syllabus for Physics, Theoretical Computer Science / Neuroscience, Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech – Ph.D Programme etc. Recruitmentresult.com is providing Joint Entrance Screening Test Syllabus in the below section. Interested candidates must have a glance
JEST (Theoretical Computer Science):
- Introduction to Algorithms
- Compilers: Principles, Techniques and Tools
- Elements of Discrete Mathematics
- Discrete Mathematical Structures with Applications to Computer Science,
- An Introduction to Data Structures with Applications
- Fundamentals of Computer Algorithms
- Fundamentals of Data Structures
- The Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms
Read Also: Last Minute Exam Preparation Tips
Syllabus for Physics
JEST Mathematics Syllabus – Mathematical methods
- Vector algebra and vector calculus, tensors, curvilinear coordinate systems, linear algebra;
- Linear differential equations, elements of Sturm–Liouville theory;
- Special functions; Complex analysis; Fourier series and Fourier transforms, Laplace transforms;
- Elementary properties of discrete groups; Elements of probability theory, error analysis.
JEST Syllabus PDF- Classical mechanics
- Newton’s Laws, Conservation Of Energy And Momentum, Collisions;
- Generalized Coordinates, Principle Of Least Action,
- Lagrangian And Hamiltonian Formulations Of Mechanics;
- Symmetry And Conservation Laws; Central Force Problem, Kepler Problem;
- Small Oscillations And Normal Modes; Special Relativity In Classical Mechanics.
JEST Syllabus 2018 – Electromagnetism & optics
- Electrostatics and magnetostatics, boundary value problems, multipole expansion;
- Fields in conducting, dielectric, diamagnetic and paramagnetic media;
- Faraday’s law and time varying fields; displacement current;
- Maxwell’s equations; energy and momentum of electromagnetic fields;
- Propagation of plane electromagnetic waves, reflection, refraction;
- Electromagnetic waves in dispersive and conducting media;
- Diffraction, interference, polarization.
Get Here: JEST Previous Year Question Papers
JEST Syllabus PDF – Quantum mechanics
- Uncertainty principle; Schrodinger equation; central potentials, hydrogen atom;
- Orbital and spin angular momenta, addition of angular momenta;
- Matrix formulation of quantum theory, unitary transformations, Hermitian operators;
- Variational principle, time independent perturbation theory, time dependent perturbation theory.
JEST 2018 pdf Syllabus-Thermodynamics & statistical physics
- Laws Of Thermodynamics, Work And Heat, Thermodynamic Potentials;
- Elements Of Kinetic Theory; Maxwell’s Relations;
- Statistical Ensembles; Partition Function; Classical Ideal Gas, Harmonic Oscillators;
- Classical And Quantum Statistics; Fermi And Bose Gases;
- Black Body Radiation; Statistics Of Paramagnetism
JEST Electronics Syllabus
- Basics of semiconductor; p-n junctions, diodes, transistors;
- LCR circuits, rectifiers, amplifiers, active filters and oscillators;
- Basics of OPAMPs and their applications; basics of digital electronics.
Download: JEST Syllabus PDF
JEST Exam Pattern
JEST exam 2017 Pattern will be of total 3 hrs to solve the entire question paper. Approximately 40% questions will be from B.Sc. level and 60% will be from M.Sc. level
|Levels||No. of question||Time|
|1st level||25 questions Each carries one mark||3 hrs|
|2nd level||2nd level consists of 25 questions. Each carries three marks|
Want to Know? Tips To Create Your Own Study Guide
How to Download JEST Syllabus 2018?
- First of all visit the official website i.e. www.jest.org.in
- Afterwards go to the right side of the homepage and hit on JEST Physics Syllabus
- A new page will come out in the form of PDF containing the detailed JEST 2018 Syllabus
- Check out the syllabus for JEST 2018 and then take a print out of it and keep it safe for further usage.
Joint Entrance Screening Test is a qualifying test conducted to shortlist the candidates for Ph.D / Integrated Ph.D Programme in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience. To appear in exam, candidates must also know JEST Exam Paper Pattern which is provided here you may also downloaded PDF for syllabus.
You may check this Official Notification to get detailed JEST Exam Syllabus in pdf format and stay connected with us on our web portal to acquire updated information regarding the same.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|JEST Result||JEST Application Form|
|JEST Admit Card||Tips to Get Motivated for Everything|
|Tips to Make Study Interesting||Get Rid Of Sleeping While Studying|
|How To Stay Awake All Night To Study||How to Get in the Mood to Study|