Students, who are planning to appear in Joint Entrance Screening Test on 17-02-2019, must download JEST Syllabus from this page for better preparation of upcoming exam. Here on this page, we have provided Physics & Computer Science complete syllabus, you can download JEST Syllabus PDF through online mode.
JEST Syllabus 2019
|Name of Conducting Body||Science & Engineering Research Board|
|Courses offered||Ph.D Programs in Physics/Theoretical Computer Science/Neuroscience|
|Last Date to Submit Application Form||24-12-2018|
|Availability of admit card||After 20-01-2019|
|JEST Exam Date||17-02-2019|
|Answer Key Release||Last week of February 2019|
|Declaration of result||Last week of March 2019|
JEST Exam Pattern 2019:
- The exam will be conducted in English.
- Total 180 minutes will be time duration of exam.
- The exam question paper will contain objective type with multiple choices.
- JEST total marks will be 100.
- Physics paper will consists of 2 sections, first section has 25 questions.
- Approximately 40% questions will be from B.Sc. level and 60% will be from M.Sc. level.
|Levels||No. of question|
|1st level||25 questions Each carries one mark|
|2nd level||2nd level consists of 25 questions. Each carries three marks|
JEST Syllabus 2019
JEST (Theoretical Computer Science):
- Introduction to Algorithms
- Compilers: Principles, Techniques and Tools
- Elements of Discrete Mathematics
- Discrete Mathematical Structures with Applications to Computer Science,
- An Introduction to Data Structures with Applications
- Fundamentals of Computer Algorithms
- Fundamentals of Data Structures
- The Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms
Check Here: Best Ways To Finish Exam On Time
Syllabus for Physics
JEST Mathematics Syllabus – Mathematical methods
- Vector algebra and vector calculus, tensors, curvilinear coordinate systems, linear algebra;
- Linear differential equations, elements of Sturm–Liouville theory;
- Special functions; Complex analysis; Fourier series and Fourier transforms, Laplace transforms;
- Elementary properties of discrete groups; Elements of probability theory, error analysis.
START Now: Mathematics Quiz
JEST Syllabus PDF- Classical mechanics
- Newton’s Laws, Conservation Of Energy And Momentum, Collisions;
- Generalized Coordinates, Principle Of Least Action,
- Lagrangian And Hamiltonian Formulations Of Mechanics;
- Symmetry And Conservation Laws; Central Force Problem, Kepler Problem;
- Small Oscillations And Normal Modes; Special Relativity In Classical Mechanics.
JEST Syllabus 2019 – Electromagnetism & optics
- Electrostatics and magnetostatics, boundary value problems, multipole expansion;
- Fields in conducting, dielectric, diamagnetic and paramagnetic media;
- Faraday’s law and time varying fields; displacement current;
- Maxwell’s equations; energy and momentum of electromagnetic fields;
- Propagation of plane electromagnetic waves, reflection, refraction;
- Electromagnetic waves in dispersive and conducting media;
- Diffraction, interference, polarization.
JEST Syllabus PDF – Quantum mechanics
- Uncertainty principle; Schrodinger equation; central potentials, hydrogen atom;
- Orbital and spin angular momenta, addition of angular momenta;
- Matrix formulation of quantum theory, unitary transformations, Hermitian operators;
- Variational principle, time independent perturbation theory, time dependent perturbation theory.
Get Best Answer: How Can You Write Fast In Exams?
JEST 2019 pdf Syllabus-Thermodynamics & statistical physics
- Laws Of Thermodynamics, Work And Heat, Thermodynamic Potentials;
- Elements Of Kinetic Theory; Maxwell’s Relations;
- Statistical Ensembles; Partition Function; Classical Ideal Gas, Harmonic Oscillators;
- Classical And Quantum Statistics; Fermi And Bose Gases;
- Black Body Radiation; Statistics Of Paramagnetism
JEST Electronics Syllabus:
- Basics of semiconductor; p-n junctions, diodes, transistors;
- LCR circuits, rectifiers, amplifiers, active filters and oscillators;
- Basics of OPAMPs and their applications; basics of digital electronics.
More Links Related To JEST:
|JEST Result||JEST Application Form|
|JEST Admit Card||JEST Answer Key|
|JEST Previous Year Question Papers|
How to Download JEST Syllabus 2019?
- Visit the official website i.e. www.jest.org.in
- Afterwards go to the right side of the homepage and hit on JEST Physics Syllabus
- A new page will come out in the form of PDF containing the detailed JEST 2019 Syllabus
- Check out the syllabus for JEST 2019 and then take a print out of it and keep it safe for further usage.
Press Here For: JEST Official Website
About JEST 2019 Syllabus:
Applicants can get the Physics/ Chemistry/ Maths syllabus and exam pattern in the above section. Organization announces JEST Test Syllabus for Physics, Theoretical Computer Science /Neuroscience, Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech – Ph.D Programme etc.
Joint Entrance Screening Test is a qualifying test conducted to shortlist the candidates for Ph.D / Integrated Ph.D Programme in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience. To appear in exam, candidates must also know JEST Exam Paper Pattern which is provided here you may also downloaded PDF for syllabus.
Read Now: Common Mistakes You Make in Tests
You may check this Official Notification to get detailed JEST Syllabus 2019 in PDF format and stay connected with us on our web portal to acquire updated information regarding the same.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Tips to Make Study Interesting||How to Prepare for Written Exam|
|How To Maximize Score In Exam||Get Rid Of Sleeping While Studying|
|How to Get in the Mood to Study||Health Hazards due to over Studying|
|Last Minute Exam Preparation Tips||Tips to Manage Time In Exam|