Karnataka Current Affairs
To qualify any competitive examination of Karnataka State you can prepare from Karnataka Current Affairs that are available here. This Karnataka Current Affairs 2016 covers State News, Activity Report and other latest updates about Karnataka. Candidates can go through this page to get complete details about Karnataka GK & Current Affairs.
Various government exams like KPSC, KPUC, and KCET etc are conducted by the government of Karnataka. To crack these exams you can prepare from Newspapers, Magazines, Internet, Preparation books (Pratiyogita Darpan, India Today etc), Previous Year Question Papers and News etc. All details about Karnataka Current Affairs are well started below by the team of recruitmentresult.com.
Karnataka Current Affairs Highlights
- Karnataka Current Affairs Noted Kannada writer D Javare Gowda passes away
- India, World Bank ink US$ 100 million loan agreement for Karnataka Urban Water Supply Modernization
- Karnataka Government decides to set up Asia’s first Rice Technology Park in Gangavati
- South India’s first underground metro services flagged off in Bengaluru
- Karnataka launches Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish Yojana for free treatment to accident victims
- Justice Subhro Kamal Mukherjee sworn-in as Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court
- Karnataka Mobile One m-governance model wins gold at World Government Summit
- Renowned Kannada filmmaker and lyricist Geethapriya passes away
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 103rd Indian Science Congress
- South Western Railways Zone introduces Biodiesel for trains
- Veteran Kannada film-maker K.S.L. Swamy passes away
- Senior Kannada writer Dr.M. M. Kalburgi passes away
- South Indian states to constitute Inter-State Coordination Council to resolve forest-related issues.
Check Out:-Latest Current Affairs Updates
Karnataka Current Affairs
Question 1. Match the following with respect to Karnataka State:
a. Ghokak falls 1. Ghataprabha
b. Vajrapoha falls 2. Mandovi
c. Godanchinamalai falls 3. Markandey
- a-1, b-2, c-3
- a-2, b-3, c-1
- a-3, b-2, c-1
- a-1, b-3, c-2
Answer: a-1, b-2, c-3
Question 2. Consider the following statements regarding Karnataka:
1. The Halmidi inscription is the oldest known Kannada language inscription in the Kannada language.
2. It is believed that the Halmidi inscription allegedly written during the reign of Kadamba king Kakustavarman. Which of the above statements is/are true?
- Only 1
- Only 2
- Both 1 & 2
- None of the above
Answer: Both 1 & 2
Read This:- National Current Affairs
Question 3. Adi shankaracharya established his first of four “mathas” at ?
Question 4. “Rakkasa Thangadi” or Thalikote war which ruined the glory of Vijayanagara dynasty was held in which year?
Question 5. Which of the following statement about Karnataka is wrong?
- The state covers an area of 1,91,976 square kilometers
- Karnataka is 8th largest Indian state by area and 9th largest state by population
- The total number of district in Karnataka is 30
- The state of Mysore was renamed as Karnataka in the year 1963
Answer: The state of Mysore was renamed as Karnataka in the year 1963
Question 6.Total Number of Assembly Seats in Karnataka ?
Question 7.Which of the following bank headquarters is not located in Karnataka state ?
- Canara bank
- Syndicate Bank
- South indian Bank
Answer: South indian Bank
Question 8.Total Number of Districts in Karanataka ?
International Current Affairs:- Check Here
Question 8.Karnataka State formed in which year ?
Question 9.Which of the Famous Temple is located at Belur ?
- Chenna Keshava Temple
- Hanuman Temple
- Ganesh temple
- Vishnu Temple
Answer: Chenna Keshava Temple
Question 10. The “Bramhagiri” edict in Chitradurga is ascribed to which Emperor?
Question 11. “Kavirajamarga” is the earliest available writing on poetic and grammar in the Kannada literature. It was written by which of the following King?
- Govinda III
Question 12. Which of the following district of Karnataka holds the sobriquet “Cradle of Infantry”?
Question 13. The temples at Pattadakallu and Aihole were built by the rulers of ___?
Question 14. Bahubali Statues are found at all the places given below except one. Identify that place:
Question 15. Suvarna Vidhana Soudha is located in which district of Karnataka?
To Know Latest Name of Books and their Authors:- Press Here
Question 16. The most famous dance of Karnataka is?
Question 17. Nandi Hills, which is a famous tourist spot is located in which district of Karnataka?
Question 18. U R Ananthamurthy is an eminent writer in?
Question 19. Vidya Kolyur is a famous personality in which among the following fields?
- Yakshagana Performer
Answer: Yakshagana Performer
Question 20. Who is known as “Father of Karnataka music”?
- Kanaka Dasa
- Purandara Dasa
Answer: Purandara Dasa
Question 21. Which of the following set correctly represents “Three gems of Kannada literature”?
- Pampa, Ranna, Harihara
- Pampa, Harihara, Janna
- Pamapa, Ranna, Ponna
- Ranna, Janna, Ponna
Answer: Pamapa, Ranna, Ponna
You May Also Check:- New Appointments In India
Question 22. Total number of Loksabha seats in Karnataka state ?
Question 23. Doddaballapura is famous for Which of the following industries ?
- Fuir Juice
Question 24.Which Karnataka City is piligrimage detination in jainism ?
Question 25. Which one is a east flowing river in Karnataka
- Aghanashini River
- Tunga River
- Varahi River
- Gurupura River
Answer: Tunga River
Q26. In which year, the Kannada Sahitya Parishat was established
Question 27. The Hampi city is located on the bank of which river
- Tungabhadra River
- Kabini River
- Malaprabha River
- Kaveri River
Answer: Tungabhadra River
Read Also:- Person in News Current Affairs
Question 28. Who was the first President of Kannada Sahitya Parishat
- R. Narasimhachar
- Karpura Srinivasa Rao
- P. G. Halakatti
- H. V. Nanjundaiah
Question 29. Who had written the first Kannada-English dictionary
- Hermann Gundert
- Hermann Mogling
- Ferdinand Kittel
- None of the above
Answer: Ferdinand Kittel
Question 30. Which day is celebrated as Karnataka Rajyotsava
- 1st October
- 16th October
- 1st November
- 3rd November
Answer: 1st November
Read This:- Current Affairs May
You may join us on Facebook and Google Plus to get latest updates time to time. If you have any query you may ask in comment box. We will try to solve your problem as soon as possible.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Railway Current Affairs||Sports Current Affairs|
|Science & Technology||IBPS Current Updates|
|Meetings And Summits Current Affairs||Committees & Schemes|
|All Defence Current Affairs||Current Affairs for bank exams|
|Pratiyogita Darpan||Current Affairs June|