Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) Center, University of Mysore, Mysore has released the KSET Notification to invite eligible contenders to participate in Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) for Lecturer / Assistant Professorship. Candidates meeting the requisite eligibility criteria may apply for KSET Exam by filling up the Karnataka SET Application Form via online mode. According to the KSET Notification 2018 the last date for contenders to apply for the Karnataka State Eligibility Test is 31-10-2017 and the KSET Last date along with late fees of Rs.150/- is 07-11-2017. Hence aspirants are advised to apply as soon as they can.
This Page Includes:
In accordance to the KSET Notification 2018, the Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) Center, University of Mysore, Mysore is going to conduct the Karnataka SET to hire deserving aspirants for the Lecturer / Assistant Professorship. Candidates who will get qualified in the KSET examination are governed by the recruitment rules and regulations stipulated for the Lecturers / Assistant Professors of concerned Universities / Colleges / Institutions (Government/ Aided /Private) of Karnataka State. Further information regarding the Karnataka State Eligibility Test is structured in below section of this page created by the team members of recruitmentresult.com
- To apply for the examination candidates must have secured at least 55% for general category and 50% for SC/ST/PWD/I, IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB, in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination
- Candidates who are appearing or going to appear in the final year of the examination are also eligible to apply
- There is no upper age limit to apply for KSET examination.
Note: Candidate who became eligible in Previous KSET TEST is not eligible to apply again in the same subject.
Check The Eligibility Details Here
The 39 subjects for KSET exam are as mentioned below:
|General Paper||Tourism and Administration||Folk Literature|
|Kannada||Library & Information Science||Public Administration|
|Economics||Mass Communication & Journalism||Computer Science & Applications|
|Political Science||Social work||Mathematical Sciences|
|Hindi||Physical Education||Home Science|
|Management||Earth Sciences||Electronic Science|
Get Here >> KSET Notification PDF
KSET Fee structure:
|Cat-IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB||850/-|
|Cat-I, SC, ST, PWD||550/-|
Note: Late fee of Rs.150/- has to be paid by candidates who online application after the last date till the extended period.
Avail From Here >>> KSET Fees Details
Mode to pay the application Amount:
- The Non Refundable amount of application will be submitted via online mode i.e. by using Credit card / Debit Card / Net banking or E challan.
- Fee submitted by any other mode like Money Order /Demand Draft/IPO etc., will NOT be accepted.
KSET Test Centers:
|S No||KEST Centre Name||KSET Centre Code|
Press Here >> Test Centre Details
Before filling up the application form candidates must take a look over the Check List
How to fill Karnataka SET Application Form?
- First of all visit the official website i.e. kset.uni-mysore.ac.in
- From the right side of homepage hit on Apply Online tab
- A new page will come out along with instructions regarding the application
- if you are already registered then enter your credentials to the dialog box available on the right side as:
- if you are a new user then hit on Sign Up For Registration tab
- the online registration form will appear in front of you as:
- Fill up the details and hit on Register tab
- Afterwards you will receive a Registration ID and Password
- Use the credentials and log on to the application form window by entering them into the dialog box as stated above
- Afterwards a new page will come out along with an online application form
- Fill all the details and upload all the testimonials required in the size prescribed
- Afterwards pay the requisite amount of application fees and then check all the details again
- At last submit the application and take a print out of it and then submit the hard copy to the respective Nodal center along with e-challan (for cash payment) or receipt generated through web (online payment) along with attested copies of:
- SSLC Marks Card
- SC, ST, Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB category certificates and PWD certificate
- Proof of qualifying examination certificate and final PG Degree Marks Card. (For those who apply under appearing may submit the same after passing the qualifying examination). 11. TUMKUR Code:20 Dr. K.S. Girish Department of Bio-chemistry, Tumkur University, Tumkur – 572 103. M:9964080540, Email:email@example.com
- Affix his/her pass port size photo at the place indicated on the hard copy of application form and must sign across the photograph. It should also duly be attested by the gazetted officer with seal.
Know Here >> Steps to Apply
Get Here >> Direct Link to Apply
KSET Exam pattern:
|Session||Paper||Marks||No of Questions||Duration||extra time for PH Candidates|
|First||I||100||60 out of which 50 questions to be attempted||1 hour 15 minutes|
(9:30 am to 10:45 am)
|II||100||50 questions all are compulsory||1 hour 15 minutes|
(11 am to 12:15 pm)
|Second||III||150||75 questions all are compulsory||2 hour 30 minutes (1:30 pm to 4 pm)||45 minutes|
Want to Know? Tips to Prepare for Written Exam
KSET Paper I: General Paper on Teaching and Aptitude
This Paper has a tendency to evaluate the instructing/inquire about bent of competitors. It primarily tests – reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness (relating to Karnataka state geographical, climate, environment, historical, political, social, economic, education and technological knowledge) of the candidate. candidates need to answer 50 questions out of 60.
KSET Paper II: Subject Paper
The Second paper will contain all the questions related to subject choose by candidate. There will be 50 compulsory MCQs in the II Examination.
KSET Paper III: Subject Paper (in-depth questions)
The KSET Paper III will contain all the questions related to subject choose by candidate. There will be 75 compulsory MCQs in the II Examination.
List of Subjects from which candidates can choose:
|Subject Code||KSET Subject Name||Medium of KSET Question Paper|
|01||Commerce||English & Kannada|
|03||Economics||English & Kannada|
|05||Political Science||English & Kannada|
|06||History||English & Kannada|
|07||Sociology||English & Kannada|
|08||Geography||English & Kannada|
|10||Management||English & Kannada|
|11||Tourism and Administration||English & Kannada|
|12||Education||English & Kannada|
|13||Library & Information Science||English|
|14||Mass Communication & Journalism||English & Kannada|
|15||Psychology||English & Kannada|
|16||Social work||English & Kannada|
|17||Criminology||English & Kannada|
|18||Law||English & Kannada|
|20||Physical Education||English & Kannada|
|21||Folk Literature||English & Kannada|
|23||Public Administration||English & Kannada|
|24||Computer Science & Applications||English|
|33||Archaeology||English & Kannada|
|34||Anthropology||English & Kannada|
|36||Philosophy||English & Kannada|
|37||Women Studies||English & Kannada|
|38||Linguistics||English & Kannada|
|39||Performing Arts||English & Kannada|
Get Updated: KSET Syllabus
KSET 2018 Marking Scheme
|Paper||Total No of Questions||Marks Awarded for Each Correct Answer||negative marking|
|I||50||2 marks||No negative marking will be there|
KSET Admit Card 2018:
Before appearing in the exam it is must for candidates to carry their Karnataka SET Admit Card. the hall ticket will be available on the official website of KSET before at least 10 days of the examination. Candidates may download their call letter from the official web portal. After getting the admit card candidates are advised to check all the details that they are as same as mentioned in their original testimonials.
Jobs in Teaching Sector:- Check Now
KSET Results 2018:
After the commencement of the examination the KSET 2018 result will be declared on the official website. Candidates may check their KSET Result by visiting the official website and following the KSET Scorecard Link.
Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained in each paper:
|Category||Paper – I||Paper – II||Paper – III|
|General||40 (40%)||40 (40%)||75 (50%)|
|Cat: I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB, SC, ST, PWD (VD/ PH)||35 (35%)||35 (35%)||60 (40%)|
|Submission of online application commences from||09-10-2017|
|Last date for submission of online application||31-10-2017|
|Last date for submission of online application with late fee of Rs.150/-||07-11-2017|
|Last date for submission of hard copy of the application form along with copy of the bank challan, category certificates, to the respective nodal center.||10-11-2017|
|Date of Examination||31-12-2017|
Check Now: KSET Test Dates
Candidates willing to avail more details about KSET Notification 2018 may also go through this Official Link.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Upcoming Government Jobs||Latest Recruitments|
|Jobs By Qualification||Jobs by Organization|
|Free Job Updates||Latest Jobs Openings For Freshers|
|Best State Government Jobs||Employment News This Week Highlights|