Confused about what to study for Karnataka State Eligibility Test? You solution is here!!! Check KSET Syllabus for Paper I & Paper II/III through this page. Candidates who are preparing for KSET Exam they can obtain the complete Karnataka SET Syllabus and exam pattern for Commerce/ Life Science/ English and other subjects from here. KSET Syllabus 2017 is also available in the form of PDF on the below section of this page.
University of Mysore has disclosed the Karnataka State Eligibility Test Syllabus for the candidates who have successfully applied for lectureship examination. Candidates can check the complete syllabus and other details through this page and can start their preparations according to it. Syllabus helps the participants to be familiar with the topics that can be a part of examination, so every participant must study according to the KSET Syllabus to qualify the exam which is provided on this page by recruitmentresult.com.
The examination consists of three papers. Paper I, Paper II & Paper III
Paper I (General Paper)
Subject: General Paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude
1. Teaching Aptitude
- Teaching: Nature, objectives, characteristics and basic requirements;
- Learner’s characteristics;
- Factors affecting teaching;
- Methods of teaching;
- Teaching aids;
- Evaluation systems
Read Now: Tips To Create Your Own Study Guide
2. Research Aptitude
- Research : Meaning, characteristics and types
- Steps of research
- Methods of research
- Research Ethics
- Paper, article, workshop, seminar, conference and symposium
- Thesis writing: its characteristics and format
3. Reading Comprehension
- A passage to be set with questions to be answered
Read Also: How to Prepare English for Competitive Exam
- Communication: Nature, characteristics, types, barriers and effective classroom communication
5. Reasoning (Including Mathematical)
- Number series
- letter series
You May Read This: How to Prepare for Reasoning
6. Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments;
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning
- Verbal analogies: Word analogy-Applied analogy
- Verbal classification
- Reasoning Logical Diagrams : Simple diagrammatic relationship, multi
- diagrammatic relationship
- Venn diagram; Analytical Reasoning
7. Data Interpretation
- Sources, acquisition and interpretation of data
- Quantitative and qualitative data
- Graphical representation and mapping of data
8. Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT: meaning, advantages, disadvantages and uses
- General abbreviations and terminology
- Basics of internet and e-mailing
9. People and Environment
- People and environment interaction
- Sources of pollution
- Pollutants and their impact on human life, exploitation of natural and energy resources
- Natural hazards and mitigation
10. Higher Education System: Governance, Polity And Administration
- Structure of the institutions for higher learning and research in India
- formal and distance education
- professional/technical and general education
- value education: governance, polity and administration
- concept, institutions and their interactions
KSET Paper 1 Syllabus >> Get PDF
Paper II / III (Subject Paper)
Paper II / III will be based on subject that is selected by candidate. The list of selective subjects is given here.
|Subject Code||Subject Name||Syllabus|
|05||Political Science||Get PDF|
|11||Tourism and Administration||
|13||Library & Information Science|
|14||Mass Communication & Journalism|
|24||Computer Science & Applications|
Steps To Download The Syllabus Of Selective Subjects:
- Visit the official website i.e. kset.uni-mysore.ac.in.
- Then press on the Syllabus of K-SET.
- Here you will find the list of subjects.
- Press on the suitable link for which subject you want to download the syllabus.
- The syllabus will open on your screen, check it and download it for future use.
KSET Exam Pattern
The Examination will be conducted in 02 sessions. The 01st session consists of two papers and Third session contains only one paper. Each paper in first session contains 100 marks and the Maximum marks for Second session paper is 150.
|Session||Paper||Marks||Questions||Questions to be Attempted||Duration|
|First||I||100||60||50||1 ¼ Hours|
|II||100||50||50||1 ¼ Hours|
|Second||III||150||75||75||2 ½ Hours|
Read Also: How To Stay Awake All Night To Study
Paper I (General paper)
- The first paper will be for 100 marks and duration of exam is 75 minutes.
- Total 60 questions will be given and 50 questions to be attempted.
- The paper consists of General Nature, Teaching/research aptitude of candidate.
- This section mainly focuses on reasoning ability, comprehensions, Divergent thinking and general awareness.
Paper II (Subject Paper)
- The Second paper will be for 100 marks and duration of exam is 75 minutes.
- All the questions given in this section must be attempted compulsorily.
- Questions in this paper will be based on subject that is selected by candidate.
- It consists of 50 Multiple Questions and each question carries 02 marks.
Paper III (Subject Paper)
- The third paper will be for 150 marks.
- All questions should be attempted in this section.
- Total 75 questions will be given.
- Each question carries 02 marks.
- This section entirely covers questions from selected subject including all electives.
- The candidate who does not appeared for Paper I & Paper II will be not allowed for writing Paper III.
Candidates must study for the KSET Exam according to KSET Syllabus 2017 and KSET Question Paper Pattern which is provided above for your easiness. By preparing with it, candidates can score good ranks with clear concepts. We wish the above stated information will help you in better preparations and will lead you towards success in Exam.
Want to Know? How to Prepare for Written Exam
Dear candidates, stay connected with our web portal to get timely updates. You can also get updates in your mail box by simply subscribing for our free email service. By joining us on facebook and Google plus, you can also check the updates on your facebook wall.