Get the detailed Karnataka State Eligibility Test Syllabus from here. Yes to qualify the Karnataka SET Exam it is must to have detailed knowledge regarding the KSET Syllabus. And for the instance of contenders the whole KSET Syllabus 2018 of All Subjects of Paper–I, II, III is available here on this page. Candidates can also download the KSET Exam pattern and Syllabi by visiting the official portal and following the instructions given. Furthermore candidates may also use the direct links to download the Karnataka SET Syllabus in PDF form in a single hit.
University of Mysore Conducts the Karnataka State Eligibility Test Syllabus for the candidates who apply for Lecturer / Assistant Professorship. Candidates can check the complete syllabus and other details through this page and can start their preparations according to it. Syllabus helps the participants to be familiar with the topics that can be a part of examination, so every participant must study according to the KSET Syllabus to qualify the exam which is provided on this page by recruitmentresult.com.
The examination consists of three papers. Paper I, Paper II & Paper III
Paper I (General Paper)
Subject: General Paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude
1. Teaching Aptitude
- Teaching: Nature, objectives, characteristics and basic requirements;
- Learner’s characteristics;
- Factors affecting teaching;
- Methods of teaching;
- Teaching aids;
- Evaluation systems
2. Research Aptitude
- Research : Meaning, characteristics and types
- Steps of research
- Methods of research
- Research Ethics
- Paper, article, workshop, seminar, conference and symposium
- Thesis writing: its characteristics and format
3. Reading Comprehension
- A passage to be set with questions to be answered
Read Also: How to Prepare English for Competitive Exam
- Communication: Nature, characteristics, types, barriers and effective classroom communication
5. Reasoning (Including Mathematical)
- Number series
- letter series
You May Read This: How to Prepare for Reasoning
6. Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments;
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning
- Verbal analogies: Word analogy-Applied analogy
- Verbal classification
- Reasoning Logical Diagrams : Simple diagrammatic relationship, multi
- diagrammatic relationship
- Venn diagram; Analytical Reasoning
7. Data Interpretation
- Sources, acquisition and interpretation of data
- Quantitative and qualitative data
- Graphical representation and mapping of data
8. Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT: meaning, advantages, disadvantages and uses
- General abbreviations and terminology
- Basics of internet and e-mailing
9. People and Environment
- People and environment interaction
- Sources of pollution
- Pollutants and their impact on human life, exploitation of natural and energy resources
- Natural hazards and mitigation
10. Higher Education System: Governance, Polity And Administration
- Structure of the institutions for higher learning and research in India
- formal and distance education
- professional/technical and general education
- value education: governance, polity and administration
- concept, institutions and their interactions
KSET Paper 1 Syllabus >> Get PDF
Paper II/III Syllabus
Paper-II & Paper-III [Core Group]
Unit—I Business Environment
- Meaning and elements of Business Environment. Economic environment. Economic Policies,
- Economic Planning.
- Legal environment of business in India.
- Competition policy. Consumer protection, Environment protection.
- Policy Environment: Liberalization, Privatisation and globalization, Second generation reforms,
- Industrial policy and implementation, Industrial growth and structural changes.
Unit—II Financial & Management Accounting
- Basic Accounting Concepts, Capital and Revenue, Financial Statements.
- Partnership Accounts : Admission, Retirement, Death, Dissolution and Cash Distribution.
- Advanced Company Accounts : Issue, forfeiture, Purchase of Business Liquidation. Valuation of shares, Amalgamation, Absorption and Reconstruction, Holding Company Accounts.
- Cost and Management Accounting : Ratio Analysis, Funds Flow Analysis, Cash Flow Analysis,
- Marginal Costing and Break-even analysis. Standard Costing, Budgetary Control. Costing for
- Decision-making. Responsibility Accounting.
Unit—III Business Economics
- Nature and uses of Business Economics. Concept of Profit and Wealth Maximization. Demand Analysis and Elasticity of Demand. Indifference Curve Analysis, Law.
- Utility Analysis and Law of Returns and Law of variable proportions cost, Revenue, Price determination in different market situations. Perfect competition, Monopolistic competition. Monopoly, Price discrimination and oligopoly, Pricing strategies.
Read Now: Tips To Create Your Own Study Guide
Unit—IV Business Statistics & Data Processing
- Data types, Data collection and analysis, sampling, need, errors and methods of sampling.
- Normal distribution. Hypothesis testing. Analysis and Interpretation of Data.
- Correlation and Regression. small sample tests- t-test, f-test and chi-square test.
- Data Processing—Elements. Data entry, Data processing and Computer applications.
- Computer Application to Functional Areas—Accounting, Inventory control, Marketing.
Unit—V Business Management
- Principles of Management
- Planning—Objectives, Strategies, Planning Process, Decision-making.
- Organising, Organisational Structure, Formal and Informal Organisations.
- Organisational culture.
- Leading : Motivation, Leadership, Committees, Communication Controlling.
- Corporate Governance and Business Ethics.
Unit—VI Marketing Management
- The evolution of marketing, Concept of marketing, Marketing mix. Marketing environment.
- consumer behaviour, Market segmentation.
- Product decisions.
- Pricing decisions.
- Distribution decisions.
- Promotion decisions.
- Marketing planning. Organising and Control.
Unit—VII Financial Management
- Capital Structure. Financial and Operating leverage.
- Cost of Capital. Capital budgeting.
- Working Capital Management.
- Dividend Policy.
Unit—VIII Human Resources Management
- Concepts, Role and Functions of Human Resource Management.
- Human Resource Planning, Recruitment and Selection.
- Training and Development. Succession Planning.
- Compensation : Wage and Salary Administration, Incentive and Fringe Benefits, Morale and
- Performance Appraisal
- Industrial Relations in India, Health, Safety, Welfare and Social Security, Workers ,
- Participation in Management
Unit—IX Banking and Financial Institution
- Importance of Banking to Business, Types of Banks and Their Functions.
- Reserve Bank of India. NABARD and Rural Banking
- Banking Sector Reforms in India, NPA, Capital Adequacy Norms
- Development Banking : IDBI, IFCI, SFCs, UTI, SIDBI
Unit—X International Business
- Theoretical foundations of international business, Balance of Payments.
- International liquidity, International Economic Institutions—IMF, World Bank, IFC, IDA, ADB
- World Trade Organisation—Its functions and policies
- Structure of India’s Foreign Trade : Composition and direction, EXIM Bank, EXIM Policy of
- India, Regulation and promotion of Foreign Trade
Elective—I : Accounting and Finance
- Accounting standards in India, Inflation Accounting, Human Resource Accounting,
- Responsibility Accounting, Social Accounting.
- Money and Capital Market, Working of Stock Exchanges in India, NSE, OTCEI, NASDAQ,
- Derivatives and options
- Regulatory Authorities : SEBI, Rating Agencies : New Instruments : GDRs, ADRs.
- Venture Capital Funds, Mergers and Acquisitions, Mutual Funds, Lease Financing, Factoring,
- Measurement of risk and returns securities and portfolios.
- Computer Application in Accounting and Finance.
Elective—II : Marketing
- Marketing Tasks, Concepts and Tools, Marketing Environment.
- Consumer Behaviour and Market Segmentation.
- Product decisions.
- Pricing decisions.
- Distribution decisions.
- Promotion decisions.
- Marketing Research.
- On-line marketing.
- Direct Marketing : Social, ethical and legal aspects of marketing in India.
Elective—III : Human Resource Management
- Concept, Role and Functions of Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Planning, Job Analysis, Job description and specifications, Use of Job analysis information, Recruitment and Selection.
- Training and development, Succession Planning.
- Compensation : Wage and salary administration incentives and fringe benefits. Morale and Productivity.
- Appraisal of Performance.
- Industrial Relations in India. Health, Safety. Welfare and Social Security. Workers participation in Management.
Elective—IV : International Business
- Foreign Direct Investment and Multinational Corporations-MNCs Culture MNCs and LDCs.
- Joint Ventures.
- Regional Economic Integration : SAARC, ASEAN, EC, NAFTA.
- India and WTO, Intellectual Property Rights.
- Foreign Exchange—Exchange rate, Mechanism, Risk Management, Transfer of International
- Payments, Convertibility of Rupee, Current and Capital Accounts; Issues and Perceptions.
- Derivatives and Futures.
- Foreign Investment Institutions; Instruments; GDRs, ADRs, Flls—their role in Indian Capital Market.
Elective—V : Income-tax Law and Tax Planning
- Basic concepts, residential status and tax incidence, exempted incomes, computation of taxable income under various heads.
- Computation of taxable income of individuals and firms.
- Deduction of tax, filing of returns, different types of assessment; Defaults and penalties.
- Tax Planning : Concept, significance and problems of tax planning, tax evasion and tax avoidance, methods of tax planning.
- Tax considerations in specific business decisions, viz., make or buy; own or lease, retain or replace; export or domestic sales; shut-down or closure; expand or contract; invest or disinvest.
- Computer Application in Income Tax and Tax Planning
Get Here >> KSET Commerce Syllabus
For Rest Paper II / III (Subject Paper)
Paper II / III will be based on subject that is selected by candidate. The list of Rest selective subjects is given here.
|13||Library & Information Science||Download|
|14||Mass Communication & Journalism||Download|
|24||Computer Science & Applications||Download|
|26||Mathematical Science *||Download|
Check Here: Common Mistakes You Make in Tests
Steps To Download The Syllabus Of Selective Subjects:
- Visit the official website i.e. kset.uni-mysore.ac.in.
- Go to Study Info tab and then from the drop down list hit on Syllabus Link
- Here you will find the list of subjects.
- Press on the suitable link for which subject you want to download the Syllabus of K-SET.
- The syllabus will open on your screen, check it and download it for future use.
KSET Exam Pattern
The Examination will be conducted in 02 sessions. The 01st session consists of two papers and Third session contains only one paper. Each paper in first session contains 100 marks and the Maximum marks for Second session paper is 150.
|Session||Paper||Marks||Questions||Questions to be Attempted||Duration|
|First||I||100||60||50||1 ¼ Hours|
|II||100||50||50||1 ¼ Hours|
|Second||III||150||75||75||2 ½ Hours|
Read Also: How To Stay Awake All Night To Study
Paper I (General paper)
- The first paper will be for 100 marks and duration of exam is 75 minutes.
- Total 60 questions will be given and 50 questions to be attempted.
- The paper consists of General Nature, Teaching/research aptitude of candidate.
- This section mainly focuses on reasoning ability, comprehensions, Divergent thinking and general awareness.
Paper II (Subject Paper)
- The Second paper will be for 100 marks and duration of exam is 75 minutes.
- All the questions given in this section must be attempted compulsorily.
- Questions in this paper will be based on subject that is selected by candidate.
- It consists of 50 Multiple Questions and each question carries 02 marks.
Paper III (Subject Paper)
- The third paper will be for 150 marks.
- All questions should be attempted in this section.
- Total 75 questions will be given.
- Each question carries 02 marks.
- This section entirely covers questions from selected subject including all electives.
- The candidate who does not appeared for Paper I & Paper II will be not allowed for writing Paper III.
Candidates must study for the KSET Exam according to KSET Syllabus 2018 and KSET Question Paper Pattern which is provided above for your easiness. By preparing with it, candidates can score good ranks with clear concepts. We wish the above stated information will help you in better preparations and will lead you towards success in Exam.
Want to Know? How to Prepare for Written Exam
Dear candidates, stay connected with our web portal to get timely updates. You can also get updates in your mail box by simply subscribing for our free email service. By joining us on facebook and Google plus, you can also check the updates on your facebook wall.