Those aspirants who are going to appear in LIC Recruitment Exam are required to download LIC Syllabus. For your convenience, we are providing accurate syllabus and exam pattern on this web page.
Life Insurance Corporation of India conducts recruitment exam for several posts like Clerk, Steno, Manager, Assistant Manager, Asst Administrative Officer, Asst Development Officer, etc.
Some Helpful Things For You:
For better preparation, contenders can solve previous year question papers or attend online mock test. By doing so, your confidence and knowledge level will be increased.
The complete LIC Syllabus 2018 is given below by the team of recruitmentresult.com, along with this you will get the Life Insurance Corporation Exam Pattern.
Questions from Reasoning ability, computer knowledge, Quantitative Aptitude, General knowledge, English language will be asked in LIC of India Recruitment Exam. You can download the LIC AAO Syllabus PDF by hitting the below link.
LIC Syllabus for Reasoning Ability:
- Data Interpretation
- Number Series
- Coding Decoding
- Boast & Streams
- Clocks & Calendars
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood relation
- Coded Inequalities
LIC Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude:
- Number System, Number Theory
- Decimals and Fractions
- Ratio and Proportions
- Profit and Loss
- Mixture and Allegation
- Problems on Ages
- Time & Distance/Work
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Partnership and Profit & Loss
- Data Interpretation
LIC AAO Syllabus for General Knowledge:
- Current Affairs – National and International
- Budget and Five Year Plans
- Awards & Honors
- Indian History and Economy
- Countries and Capitals
- Books & Their Authors
- Important Days
- International and National Organizations
- Science – Inventions and Discoveries
- General Science
- International Organizations/Financial Institutions
LIC Computer Knowledge Syllabus:
- Generations of computer
- Basic computer fundamentals
- Software and Hardware and their functionalities
- Modern day technology
- Computer Abbreviations
- Internet, LAN, WAN
- Security Tools, Virus, Hacker
- MS Word, MS Excel, etc.
LIC AAO Syllabus for English Language:
- Reading comprehension
- Cloze test
- Phrase substitution
- Paragraph complete/Sentence correction
- Para jumbles
- Commonly misspelled words
- Double blanks in a sentence
- Synonyms and antonyms
Let’s Check Can You? Identify These English Errors
Get Here>>> LIC Syllabus PDF
LIC Exam Pattern
- Objective type of questions will be asked in Life Insurance Corporation Recruitment Exam.
- LIC Recruitment Exam will be 300 marks.
- For every wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- English Language test is of qualifying nature and the marks will not be counted for ranking.
|Topic||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Reasoning Ability Test||30||90|
|Quantitative Aptitude Test||30||90|
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs Test||30||60|
|Computer Knowledge Test||30||60|
|English Language Test with Special emphasis on Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension||40||–|
LIC Preparation Books
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal.
- Logical Reasoning for the CAT by Arun Sharma.
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning (English) 1st Edition by A.K Gupta.
For Quantitative Ability:
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Agarwal.
- CAT Quantitative Ability by Arun Sharma.
- Quantitative Aptitude by Abhijit Guha.
- Quicker Maths by Tyra.
For General Awareness:
- NCERT books for History, Polity, Science.
- Lucent’s General Knowledge.
- Competition Success Review Year Book.
- Manorama Year Book 2015.
For General Awareness:
- English Grammar by Wren and Martin.
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis.
- Essential English Grammar by Raymond Murphy.
- Objective General English by S P Bakshi.
For Computer Awareness:
- Objective Computer Awareness by Arihant Publishers
- Computer for Competitive Exams by R. Gupta
Individuals who will be able to crack the written exam will go through personal interview round. After that, final selection will be done by the organization against LIC Recruitment Notification.
Also Get Here: LIC ADO Syllabus
If you want to know more about LIC Syllabus 2018–19 then you can visit the Official Link. The above books are best because they include most important questions and helpful study material.
Something That You Should Put an Eye On
|LIC Admit Card||LIC AAO Admit Card|
|LIC AAO Result||LIC Scholarship|
|LIC AAO Recruitment||How to Prepare for English|
|How to Prepare for Reasoning||How To Prepare For GK|