MAT Exam Pattern
Strategizing for Management Aptitude Test according to MAT Exam Pattern is one of the best decisions. The AIMA MAT (May Test) Paper Pattern helps candidates to understand the detailed structure of examination including the marking scheme and weightage criteria.
All India Management Association (AIMA) conducts the MAT examination four times a year inFebruary, May, September and December. The main motive of this exam is to give candidates a chance of getting admission to MBA/PGDM programme at various management institutes across the country. This time the MAT Examination is going to be held on May 6 and May 20 in offline and online mode respectively.
Candidates going to appear in MAT Examination can check the MAT Exam Pattern 2018 with the assistance of this page. Further candidates may also download the AIMA MAT Exam Pattern 2018 in PDF form by hitting on link given in below section of this page of recruitmentresult.com
MAT Exam Pattern
Highlights of MAT Exam Structure:
|Test Duration||02 hours 30 minutes|
|No. of Questions||200|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark each|
|Negative Marking||¼ of the total marks or 0.25 mark|
|No. of Sections||5 (40 questions in each section)|
|No. of choices||4|
Want to Know? How To Prepare For MAT
MAT Exam Pattern 2018
MAT Paper Pattern
|Section||No of Questions||Marks given||Time Suggested(Minutes)|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||40||35|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||40||30|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||40||15|
Get Detailed: MAT Syllabus
Mode of the Exam:
MAT is one of the famous and tough management Entrance Examinations. This examination gets conducted in both Online and Offline Mode. In online mode candidates need to sit in front of computer and have to answer the questions online.
In offline mode candidates need to use the pencil and have to fill the optical answer sheet. This year the Offline mode examination is going to be held on 28-04-2018 and the online mode examination is going to be held on 12-05-2018.
Check Here: MAT Coaching Centres List
Duration of Examination:
As given in above MAT Exam Paper Pattern, Candidates appear in examination will be given 02 hours 30 minutes i.e. 150 minutes to complete the examination. There is no separate time limit for each section. Candidates have to complete the whole examination in the prescribed time limitation. Well to solve each section candidates will have 30 minutes.
Get Here: MAT Previous Year Question Papers
Number of Sections in MAT Entrance Paper Pattern
There are 05 sections in MAT Exam pattern namely:
- Language Comprehension
- Mathematical Skills
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
- Indian and Global Environment
Marking Criteria according to MAT Entrance Exam Pattern:
- For each right answer candidates will be given 01 mark
- In case if candidates give wrong answers then ¼ marks i.e. 0.25 marks will be deducted
- In case of unanswered questions no marks will be deducted
- The maximum marks, which a candidate can score is 200 and the scaled score is given out of 800.
Check Now: MAT Study Material
Detailed Description Of Each Section Of MAT 2018 Exam Pattern
According to the MAT Exam pattern/ MAT May Exam pattern there are 05 sections, here we are describing each section separately:
- Language Comprehension– this is the first section in MAT Exam pattern, this action is designed to test the reading and understanding knowledge of candidates. In this section questions are given on the basis of passages. Candidates need to answer the questions on the basis of information given in passages.
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning – the second section of MAT Exam pattern is Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, in this section questions on topics like Data Arrangement, Blood Relations, Series and Sequences and Critical Reasoning, Direction Sense, Input / Output analysis, Coding and Decoding are asked. Main motive of this section is to check candidate’s presence of mind in different situations.
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency – through Data Analysis and Sufficiency section of MATT Exam pattern, the exam authorities checks candidates’ analytical and critical thinking
- Mathematical Skills – in this section basis concepts of mathematics gets tested. To qualify this section candidates must know about the basis formulas they have read.
- Indian and Global Environment – to qualify this section of MAT Exam pattern 2018 it is must for candidates to have proper knowledge regarding the current and past history. In this section questions related to Indian and International affairs get asked.
Check Here: Best Books for MAT
We hope with the help of this page it will become easier for candidates to understand the whole concept of MAT Exam Pattern 2018. Still candidates having any query can mention their comments in below given comment box.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|MAT Exam Centers||MAT Admit Card|
|MBA Preparation Books List||MAT Counselling|
|MBA Entrance Exams||MAT Registration|
|MAT Eligibility Criteria||MAT Sample Papers|
|MAT Result||MAT Answer Key|