National Overseas Scholarship
Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship has been offered for SC candidates who want to complete their Master Degree, Ph.D abroad in the recognized Institutions/ University by an authorized body of that country. Interested students can apply for National Overseas Scholarship 2019-20 through offline mode of process by visiting its official website.
National Overseas Scholarship 2019 Overview
- Form type: Offline
- Purpose: Provide financial assistance to the candidates for pursuing Master level courses and Ph.D abroad
- Selection process: Merits & Projects
- Scholarship Type: National Overseas Scholarship
National Overseas Scholarship
Expected Number of Seats Offered by National Overseas
|Field of Study||No. of Seats|
|Engineering and Management||32|
|Agriculture Sciences and Medicine||17|
|Pure Science and Applied Sciences||17|
|Humanities and Social Science||17|
Accounting & Finance
Get Details: Scholarships In India
Minimum Qualification required for National Overseas Scheme
- Ph.D: 55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Masters Degree. Preference would be given to the experienced candidates, especially to those who are on lien with their existing post and employer
- Master’s Degree: 55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Bachelors Degree. Preference would be given to the experienced candidates, especially to those who are on lien with their existing post and employer.
Know Here: How To Get A College Scholarship
National Overseas Scholarship Award Details
For United States of America and other countries except United Kingdom:
- Annual Maintenance allowance of US Dollars 15400/-
- Contingency Allowance: US Dollars 1500/-
Only for United Kingdom:
- Annual Maintenance Allowance of 9900/- Great Britain Pound (GBP)
- Contingency Allowance: 1100/- (Great Britain Pound)
Other Allowances Details:
- Incidental Journey Allowance & Equipment Allowance: US $20 or its equivalent in Indian Rupees
- Poll Tax: Actual will be paid, wherever applicable
- Visa Fees: Actual visa fees in Indian rupees will be paid
- Tuition Fee: Actual as charged
- Medical Insurance Premium: Actual as charged
- Air Passage: Air passage from India to the nearest place to the educational institute and back to India. Shortest route will be followed and economy class air passages will be provided
- Local Travel: As Per the terms & conditions
National Overseas Selection Process
Selection Authority of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment will choose deserving scholars for National Overseas Scholarship 2019-20 on the basis of their merits and projects.
Know Here: How to Prepare For Scholarship Exam
How to apply for the National Overseas scholarship program in India?
- Step into the official website of the organization that is socialjustice.nic.in
- Scroll down the home page and go towards “Important Links” section available at the left side
- Hit on “Schemes & Programs” under “Schedule Caste Welfare” link
- Go through the appeared page carefully and press the link for “National Overseas Scholarship”
- Read the instructions properly and tap on the link to download National Overseas application form
- Fill it with valid details also attach documents related that are mentioned below on this page.
- Enclosed the application form in an envelope and superscribe it as “The application form for scholarship”.
- Send it at the respective address through post as mentioned in the notification
Get Here: NOS Official Website Link
National Overseas Scholarship FAQs
Q1. Who can apply for the award?
Ans. Students belonging to Scheduled Castes, Denotified, Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes, Landless Agricultural Labourers and Traditional Artisans who are below 35 years of age, as on the first day of the month of the advertisement of the Scheme can apply.
Q2. What should be the maximum total income of the family?
Ans. Total family income from all sources of the employed candidate or his/her parents/guardians, shall not exceed Rs. 6,00, 000/- per annum, excluding such allowances as are not treated as part of total income for the purpose of income.
Q3. Within how much period a candidate can avail the award?
Ans. A selected candidate is required to avail the award within one year of receipt of intimation from this Ministry regarding selection for the award/assurance. On expiry of this specified period of time, the award automatically gets cancelled.
Q4. Whom to contact for further clarifications?
Ans. The concerned candidates while in India may in this regard contact Under Secretary (SCD-I), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Shastri Bhavan, New Delhi (India).
Do You Know: How to Apply for Scholarship
National Overseas SC Scholarship 2019-20
Department of Social Justice and Empowerment is providing National Overseas Scholarship 2019-20 to meritorious contenders. The authorities have released (100) Passage Grant Scheme according to which those candidates who possess a Master or equivalent degree and are in receipt of merit scholarship for Post Graduate, Research or Training abroad are eligible to gain the scholarship amount.
Must Know Here: How to Get Scholarship
This Scheme attempts at enhancing the employment avenues for ST candidates. 100% Central Assistance is provided directly to the candidates for their betterment of future. Financial assistance is provided till completion of the course or research as this is the first help to fulfill the dreams of candidates who are not able to complete their study due to financial problem.
Grab more details regarding National Overseas Scholarship 2019-20 through its official website or by visiting our web page on regular basis.
Something That You Should Put an Eye On
|How to Get a Free College Education||Do you need Money for College Fee?|
|College is Registered OR AICTE||Popular Apps for Teenagers|
|What Makes a Successful Student||Education Loans for Students|
|Start a New Life In College?||How Do Toppers Study?|