Navodaya Vidyalaya Entrance Exam
Navodaya Vidyalaya Entrance Exam is going to be conducted by Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya for giving admission to students for the academic session 2017-18. Admissions in JNVST will be made through Navodaya Vidyalaya Entrance Exam 2017 at Class VI.
Students satisfying the requisite eligibility criteria and willing to get admittance under JNVST must apply by filling Navodaya Vidyalaya Application Form. Students need to submit application form on or before the last date. Education in JNVs schools is free including boarding, lodging, uniforms and textbooks, a nominal fee of Rs.200/- per month will have to be paid by the children from IX to XII class.
Navodaya Vidyalaya Entrance Exam
Eligibility Criteria for JNVST Entrance Exam:
- Only the candidates from the district concerned where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been opened are eligible to apply for admission.
- A candidate seeking admission must not have been born before 01-05-2004 and after 30-04-2008. This will apply to candidates of all categories.
- A candidate appearing for the selection test must be studying in Class-V for the whole of the academic session 2016-17 in a Government / Government aided or other recognized schools. Actual admission in Class-VI for the session 2017-18 will be subject to this condition.
- A Candidate claiming admission under rural quota must have studied and passed classes III, IV and V from a Govt. / Govt. aided / recognized school.
- Candidates, who will be passing ‘B’ certificate competency course of National Institute of Open Schooling on or before 30th September, 2016 are also eligible to write admission test.
- Candidate who has not been promoted and admitted to Class-V before 15th September, 2016 is not eligible to apply.
Check Here:-Tips To Create Your Own Study Guide
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in written test only.
- The selection test will be of two-hour duration and will have 3 sections with only Objective Type Questions. There are 100 questions in all of 100 marks. Each question carries one mark:
|Type of Test||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Mental ability Test||50||50||60 Minutes|
|Arithmetic Test||25||25||30 Minutes|
|Language Test||25||25||30 Minutes|
Important Note:- A single test booklet comprising of the 3 sections will be given to each candidate.
You Can Also Read:-
How to get JNVST Application Form?
Candidates may get the prescribed format of application form (attached with the prospectus) that can be attained free of cost from any of the following sources:
- Block Education Officer (BEO)
- District Education Officer (DEO)
- Headmaster of any Govt. / Govt. aided / Recognized Accredited Institute /
- Centre of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan / NIOS where he/she is studying.
- Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya
- Or download from official website www.navodaya.nic.in or newspaper advertisement.
Process to fill application form for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Entrance Exam?
- Candidates satisfying the requisite eligibility criteria may fill the application form by getting it through either of the means as mention above.
- Fill all the necessary details in application form and affix recent passport size photograph on provided space.
- Application must be duly signed by Head of the recognized school / Special Education Scheme (Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan) where the child is studying in Class-V,
- Lastly, submit the application form complete in all respect at the address as mentioned below.
Other Important Instructions:
Parents of children who qualify the selection test will have to submit below mentioned documents at the time of admission:
- Affidavit / Residence Certificate in prescribed Performa in addition to other documents demanded by the concerned Vidyalaya.
- For candidates seeking admission under rural quota, the parents will also have to submit an affidavit to the effect that the child is studying in an Institute located in a notified rural area and that they are residing in a notified rural area.
Tips to Make Study Interesting:- Press Here
- Each candidate shall appear for the selection test at the examination centre allotted to him / her as indicated on the Admit Card.
- Language / medium of the examination for the candidate will be the medium through which the candidate is studying in Class-V.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear in the selection test without proper Admit Card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall / room after 30 minutes of the commencement of the selection test.
Block Education Officer
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya
Important Date to Keep in Mind:
|Last Date to Submit Application Form in BEO’s Office||16th September 2016|
|Issue of Admit card||one week before the exam|
|Summer Bound JNVs Examination||8th January 2017|
|Winter Bound JNVs Examination||8th April 2017|
|Extreme Winter Bound JNV Examination||10th June 2017|
|Result of exam will be declared on||May of the year of admission|
Note: For getting more details regarding Navodaya Vidyalaya Entrance Exam, check Official Link. You may stay connected to our web portal for getting additional updates regarding Navodaya Vidyalaya.
To Get More Details of Navodaya Vidyalaya Entrance Exam:- Press Here
Something That You Should Put An Eye On