NDA Interview Questions and Answers
Aspirants who aspire to get joining under National Defence Academy and have successfully qualified the NDA & NA Written exam, are now liable to prepare for next level of selection process i.e. interview. So, all the aspirants must check NDA Interview Questions and Answers which you may face during your SSB Interview as customized below.
On this page of recruitmentresult.com we have well provided some of the mainly asked questions that are asked by the interviewers in SSB interview. So, willing contenders must go through all the stated questions along with their answers for better preparation of exam.
Today many of the youngsters dream to serve their nation by being the part of our armed forces. Aspirants who are preparing to appear for NDA / NA Interview in the upcoming month will have to undergo through rigorous phases. As the SSB interview process is basically about examining the personality and intelligence of an individual and it also analyses their adaptability and compatibility. Even the use of scientific analysis is done for testing the individual.
UPSC NDA/NA selection process basically comprises of two phases:
- Initially screening test and then second level consist of three sub tests including psychology test, Group Testing Officers (GTO) test and personal interview.
- The initial screening test is conducted for examining the aspirants on intellectual basis and this test also includes verbal as well as non-verbal questions followed by PPDT tests (picture perception test and discussion).
- In accordance for getting appointed in Indian navy and other armed forces an individual must prepare effectively to crack SSB interview.
NDA Interview Questions And Answers
Question No.1) What is the reason that you wish to join Defence?
This is one of the most common and frequent question that is asked in NDA / NA Interview. At this point of tim4e you are required to be ready with a logical answer. Some aspirant’s answer that they wish to serve their nation and few of the aspirants replied that the uniform formulates them feel proud whereas some of the aspirant’s reason is money behind joining Indian Armed Forces.
Question No.2) which of these “Army / Air Force / Navy” you will be giving preference first?
While filling the application form for NDA / NA written examination, candidates have a choice for Army / Air Force / Navy. So many times candidates are being asked that why he has preferred for Army / Air Force or Navy and not any other service. For candidates belonging to arts and commerce background, it becomes quite simple to give reason for the question but for science background candidates it becomes slightly tough to answer. So, aspirants must be fully prepared for such type of questions to answer.
Get Details: Interview Preparation Tips
Question No.3) Will you come back again for SSB interview if you fail this time?
This type of questions may also be asked by the interviewer to the candidate who is appearing for SSB interview for the first time. But you need not to be worry at this point of time as he is not indicating that he is failing you this time. Instead, it is the way to examine your personality. If you say you will return with a logical reason, it will reflect a positive point on your personality.
Question No.4) What is the role of defence forces in our country?
Participant appearing for SSB interview must know about the organization for which he is interviewing. So this question may be picked by the interviewer during the NDA interview. So before attending the NDA interview, candidates must be acquainted with a few details of organization.
Question No.5) Which course you will opt after 10+2 if you could not become officer and why (For 12 pass out candidates)?
An interviewer would also like to identify whether you will keep on your quest for becoming an officer or not. So reply very cautiously this question. After 10+2 there are numerous options available for further studies. So decide it prior to SSB interview about your future planning. Never say that you will go for the course that your father decides for you. It will leave dreadful impression on the interviewer.
Must Read: Interview Questions and Answers
Question No.6) Why did you fail in previous SSB attempt (for repeaters)?
This question can be asked to the candidates who have already attended the SSB interview in the previous years. So candidates must take care about that they should not blame the SSB team for their failure. It will leave a negative impression about you. Accept your weakness and try to convince that you have prepared well this time.
Question No.7) Did you do any special preparation for SSB?
This question would be asked to check your genuineness for the post. So candidates must answer this question by telling in short about their preparation strategy like reading books on current affairs, reading newspapers etc. In short you have to make him believe that you have worked very hard for your SSB.
Other Questions which can be asked:
- Give the ranks of airforce and its equivalent in the army/ Navy?
- What are some of the important operations of the Indian army?
- What is AFSPA?
- Tell us about the Indo-Pak Wars?
- When is the Indian army / navy / air force day celebrated?
- Tell about the AGNI missile
- What is meant by IOR?
- What is G-force? What is its significance to a pilot?
- Any responsible post held during your education at the institution
- Subjects you liked most and those you did not like at all, why?
- What are further options (if not army), why,?
- Why ARMY, since when liked army?
- Why do you want to join the defense forces, if not defense other options, how did you come to the conclusion that you want to join the forces.
- Did you try for NDA, why not succeeded?
Get Complete Information: Common Interview Mistakes
Tips on how to answer in SSB Personal Interview
Think Positive, Be Positive:
One of the most important tip for cracking any interview that you might have heard of several times and will possibly remain true to the core. Keeping the right and positive attitude for life helps the individual for getting more confident throughout. Having the positive attitude helps in bringing good vibes and ensures that one clicks the right nodes in the interview.
Check Here: Why Should We Hire You?
Other Important Tips:
- Accurate Sitting Posture
- Make the Best First Impression
- Proper and Decent Dress Code
- Give examples for any incidences that you are going to explain.
- Speak in relevance to your Self-Description test and PIQ and do not give fakes.
- Speak clearly and maintain an eye contact.
Aspirants, you should keep in mind that you must tell them what appears in your mind first. If you lie so they will grasp you and creates difficulty in your selection.
Check Complete NDA Section