NDA Interview Questions
It’s very important to know about latest NDA Interview Questions and answers for all those who are appearing for the UPSC NDA NA II examination. Therefore, candidates must check NDA SSB interview questions that are mainly asked in UPSC NDA exam.
Well, the exam is all set to be organize on 17-11-2019. So, applicants must start their exam preparations with the help of NDA interview procedure and tips that are really helpful in preparation.
|Name of the Organization|| Union Public Service|
|Name of the Examination|| National Defence Academy|
& Naval Academy Examination
|Release of notification||07-08-2019|
|End date to submit|
|Admit card release||1 or 2 weeks before the exam|
|NDA 2019 Exam Date||17-11-2019|
|Declaration of result||November 2019|
NDA Interview Questions
NDA SSB Interview Questions Answers (Asked in 2018)
Question1. What if you get recommended and will get failed in 12th exams?
- IO tries to put stress over candidate by asking questions like this. Don’t lose hope in this situation. Just reply “Sir, I have given my best in all subjects in board exams.
- I will pass, for sure.
- But still if I will face any backlog, then I will clear the backlog and will appear for SSB again and will clear it next time.” Never leave any task due to obstructions.
Question2. Can you give the ranks of Air force or for Army and Navy?
Answer: Candidates have a choice to apply for the Army, Air Force, or Navy Departments at the time of filling application for the NDA. Selection of the cadre is bit challenging for the science students as they feel more responsible to the post compared to the Arts Students.
Must Know- How To Find Online Study Material
Question3. Why you did not try for SSB after 12th through NDA?
- This answer basically depends on your own self reasoning.
- For e.g. if you say you tried, then you might be asked why didn’t you clear your written/SSB.
- If you say you didn’t then you might be asked what made you interested in defence now.
Question4. If you are dedicated to your coaching then why are you trying for the Armed Forces?
- The above question will be followed by this question.
- You can tackle it by saying that, engineering / medical stream is as good as an opportunity for joining the Armed Forces.
- The Armed forces are searching for a suitable person for this job. If I will be chosen for it will be an honor for me.
Question5. Why you choose army?
Answer: I desire to be a part of NDA as it is a place to learn how to perform well by handling pressures along with the self-satisfaction of serving Mother India. It is best opportunity to build best career and be fit till death kisses you in person.
Question6. If you couldn’t join the armed forces, what are your alternate career/study options?
Answer: Now, this is a tricky question. Many candidates tend to stick to the point that they will make it or they don’t want to join anything else apart from defence. Let’s be real here – you need to have a backup plan, if you don’t have one, get one and say it.
Question7. Tell me the marks you scored starting from your 10th till date and any special achievements in them. Also, tell me about any extra-curricular activities that you have been a part of during this time.
Answer: This is important because starting from 10th, everything was a turning point in your life till your graduation. So you must know about the 10th marks, 12th marks, and marks of all the years of graduation, preferably, semester-wise.
Get Details: Interview Preparation Tips
Question8. What is the job of a pilot and define the significance of G-Force?
Answer: G- Force is nothing but an attractive force caused due to gravity by the rushing of one by other object. It’s a simple way to increase the apparent weight by decreasing negative G-Force.
Question9. Why are you not working anywhere? How are you surviving without a job?
Answer: If you couldn’t crack a college placement, tell them the reason –
- You were not upto the selection level
- You had different options
- You had less percentage to attend the placement – whatever, just be frank but also do tell how you overcame that.
- You could also say that I am now freelancing, even if you are doing any sort of help without pay that relates to your skill and could say that now I am looking for a job.
Question10. Why do you want to join the defence?
Answer: Sir, I have the following reasons to join the defence –
- I am very passionate about it.
- I am passionate about flying.
- I want to lead a physically active lifestyle.
- I love adventures, owing to my NCC training/other activities.
- The defence will offer me all these.
Must Read: Interview Questions and Answers
UPSC NDA/NA Selection Process
NDA Selection Procedure Basically Comprises Of Two Phases:
- Initially screening test and then second level consist of three sub tests including psychology test, Group Testing Officers (GTO) test and personal interview.
- The initial screening test is conducted for examining the aspirants on intellectual basis and this test also includes verbal as well as non-verbal questions followed by PPDT tests (picture perception test and discussion).
- In accordance for getting appointed in Indian navy and other armed forces an individual must prepare effectively to crack SSB interview.
NDA SSB Interview Questions
As the SSB interview process is basically about examining the personality and intelligence of an individual and it also analyses their adaptability and compatibility. Even the use of scientific analysis is done for testing the individual.
The usually questioning starts from questions like –
- Tell us about yourself?
- Tell something about your place, where you came from?
- Tell something that you like most about your native?
After such questions Interview starts moving toward general questions and it also get a rapid fire questioning that makes stress to candidates.
- What are your hobbies?
- Tell about 3 of your strengths and weaknesses?
- Can you work under pressure?
- What are you goals in life?
- What are your outside interests?
- What was the toughest decision you ever have to make?
- Differentiate between confidence and over-confidence in your words?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
- Why should we hire you?
Afterwards it reaches to the Technical part and your practical knowledge questioning like:
- Are diabetic candidates eligible to become officers in NDA
- Download Risk Certificate for NDA and TES 10+2 SSB interviews
- Is AFCAT exam same as NDA NA exam and CDSE of UPSC?
Other Questions which can be asked:
- Give the ranks of airforce and its equivalent in the army/ Navy?
- What are some of the important operations of the Indian army?
- What is AFSPA?
- Tell us about the Indo-Pak Wars?
- When is the Indian army / navy / air force day celebrated?
- Tell about the AGNI missile
- What is meant by IOR?
- What is G-force? What is its significance to a pilot?
- Any responsible post held during your education at the institution
- Subjects you liked most and those you did not like at all, why?
- What are further options (if not army), why,?
- Why ARMY, since when liked army?
- Why do you want to join the defense forces, if not defense other options, how did you come to the conclusion that you want to join the forces.
- Did you try for NDA, why not succeeded?
Get Complete Information: Common Interview Mistakes
SSB NDA Interview Tips
Interview is taken for checking your mental caliber. So be prepared with such questions that are normally asked. Some of them are mentioned above that you can practice. Candidates must take the following points on consideration at the time of interview:
- Make the first impression through your look and your body language.
- Be confident and optimistic in your answer.
- Be honest and explain clearly your ideas and issue you talking on.
- Try to give some examples in enhancing the explanation of your answer.
- Keep a voice tone with positive and assertiveness.
- Make sure that interviewer is getting right what you want to explain.
- Try to prepare neat and clean answer.
- Must watch NDA interview video and NDA topper interview for better preparation
More Links Related to NDA and SSB
NDA SSB interview (Day Wise Testing Procedure)
Candidates, who get shortlisted through National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination, then will be called for SSB interview NDA. Interview of NDA is a 5 day procedure. Candidates can check the day wise selection process from here:
First of all on the day 1, Service Selection Board conducts the Reasoning test and after that PPDT i.e., Picture Perception and Discussion Test. Those who qualify Reasoning test and PPDT then will conduct a group discussion round.
Based on these tests, result is prepared by the selection committee and then selected candidates are sent for further process. Thereafter, selected candidates must have to fill up PIQ (Personal Interview Questionnaire) and various other forms.
On the second day, the Services Selection Board conducts various psychological tests like TAT, WAT, SRT for the selected candidates and then prepare the results for same.
On this day, selected candidates are examined by Group Testing Officer (GTO) Tasks. Candidates have to participate in Group Discussion, group planning Excercise (GPE), Progressive Group Tasks (PGT), Group Obstacle Race (GOR), Half Group Task (HGT) and a lecturette.
As per the result of third day, selected candidates are tested in individual obstacles, Command Task (CT) and Final Group Task (FGT).
This is the last day of SSB Interview on which, SSB board officials conducts a conference and makes a final result.
Personal Interview in SSB
Among all these 5 days, SSB Interview is conducted on second, third and fourth day by the interview panel of Services Selection Board (SSB).
Tips on how to answer in SSB Personal Interview
Think Positive, Be Positive:
One of the most important tip for cracking any interview that you might have heard of several times and will possibly remain true to the core. Keeping the right and positive attitude for life helps the individual for getting more confident throughout. Having the positive attitude helps in bringing good vibes and ensures that one clicks the right nodes in the interview.
Check Here: Why Should We Hire You?
Other Important Tips:
- Accurate Sitting Posture
- Make the Best First Impression
- Proper and Decent Dress Code
- Give examples for any incidences that you are going to explain.
- Speak in relevance to your Self-Description test and PIQ and do not give fakes.
- Speak clearly and maintain an eye contact.
SSB Interview Preparation Tips
SSB NDA preparation schedule must be well-planned and organized. Here, we are providing some preparation tips to pass the SSB Interview:
Be Confident: You have to maintain a confidence & a positive frame of mind. You have to believe in your capabilities. Make your weakness as your strong points.
Self- Awareness: The examiner usually looks for your ability to self-analyze, the aim of your life & determination, your thinking and mentality about your parents, friends, family, teachers, neighbors and other. Write everything you know about yourself and your near ones.
Practice writing & analyzing: You have to improve your writing skills. You have to practice writing about anything you see.
Stay Fit: You have to keep fit so that you can qualify all the physical activities with ease. Good Health helps you get a clearance in the medical tests. You can start mild jogging and stamina building exercises.
Personality Development: It is not enough that you should be a very intelligent person but you have to be strong, mature & possess a well-developed personality.
Documents Required for Interview:
Candidates have to bring their original documents. Candidates have to produce original documents soon after qualifying the SSB Interview. The documents will be returned after verification.
- 10+2 or Equivalent Examination Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Ten passport size photographs
- Call Letter
Aspirants, you should keep in mind that you must tell them what appears in your mind first. If you lie so they will grasp you and creates difficulty in your selection.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On