Department of Education invites NEC Scholarship form for the motto of offering Financial support to the contenders of N.E.R. for Higher Professional Courses” to be operated directly by the State of North Eastern Region. To apply for NEC Scholarship for Stipend and Book Grant (Renewal), candidates have to fill the NEC Scholarship Application form before the last date. Collect all the details regarding NEC Scholarship 2018 such as Eligibility criteria, Reservation details, Procedure to apply etc.
|This page includes:|
Before filling the NEC Scholarship Application form, aspirants are advised to satisfy all the eligibility criteria which are stated below. After applying for NEC Scholarship, aspirants have to appear for Selection procedure which is going to be held on schedule date. Scroll down this page which is well furnished by the team of recruitmentresult.com to get all the information regarding NEC Scholarship 2018.
Courses Under NEC Scholarship:
- Diploma / Certificate Courses
- Graduate Degree Courses
- PG Diploma Courses
- Phil & Ph.D
NEC Scholarship Eligibility:
Candidates who are going to apply for NEC Scholarship 2018 must satisfy all the below stated eligibility criteria:
- Applying aspirants must be a permanent resident of any of the States in the North East can apply for stipends and book grants.
- Aspirants must possess the relevant qualification from a well recognized institution or university.
- Applying candidates should not be in receipt of any other financial support from any other source except from National or State Merit Scholarship.
- The maximum marks for the grant of stipend should be 55% for General /OBC/MOBC and 50% for SC/ST candidates in the relevant qualifying examination for Diploma, Degree and Post-Graduate courses.
- In-service aspirants are not covered by this scheme.
Know about: Scholarship Exams for Higher Studies
Reservation for OC/SC/ST/OBC:
- This reservation will be made according to the percentage of SC, ST & OBC and also limited to a maximum of 50% as ruled by the Supreme Court and as followed by the Govt. of India
- SC, ST & OBC candidates who are qualified on merit of their own as general candidates would be considered as additional to the reservation for SC, ST & OBC.
NEC Scholarship Amount:
Candidates will receive amount for stipends and book grants according to the course they are pursuing. Here in the table we are providing NEC Scholarship Amount for stipends and book grants according to the courses. Must have a look!!!
|Level of study||Stipend||Book-grant|
|Diploma||Rs. 900/- p.m.||Rs. 1000/- p.a.|
|Degree||Rs. 1000/- p.m.||Rs. 1400/- p.a.|
|Post Graduate||Rs. 1200/- p.m.||Rs. 2000/- p.a.|
|M.Phil||Rs. 1500/- p.m.||Rs. 3000/- p.a.|
|Ph.D.||Rs. 1500/- p.m.||Rs. 3000/- p.a.|
Must Know Here: How to Get Scholarship
Selection Procedure For NEC Scholarship:
After proper advertisement and following selection procedure as outlined at Annexure V, Selection of the aspirants for Diploma level upwards will be made by the State Govt.
Know Here: How to Prepare For Scholarship Exam
How To Apply For NEC Scholarship 2018???
- First of all you have to visit the official website of the Department of Education that is megeducation.gov.in
- On the home page you have to hit on “DIRECTORATE OF HIGHER & TECHNICAL EDUCATION” tab
- A new page will appear on your digital screen and you have to hit on appropriate link
- After hitting the above said link, a notification will appear on your digital screen regarding NEC Scholarship and you are advised to go through it carefully.
- After reading the notification you have to hit on “Download Form(Fresh Application)” and “Download Form(Renewal Application)” link
- Application form will appear on your digital screen and you are required to download the same.
- Now fill the NEC Scholarship application form will all the mandatory details asked
- Also attach all the relevant documents and recheck the application form of North Eastern Council scholarship
- At last send the application form to the below provided address before the closing date.
Higher & Technical Education
Meghalaya, Shillong –793001
NEC Scholarship 2018 last date: September- October 2017
Check Out: Latest Scholarship in India
Rules for Renewal of Stipend and Book Grant:
- Renewal of stipend and book-grant is subject to fulfillment of certain terms and conditions by the stipend holder.
- Renewal of stipend and book-grant is generally for a period of one year that is from 1st April to 31st March of the next year
- Medical Science Stipend holders can apply for apply for renewal after completion of each professional examination
- On the proposal of the Head of the Department Of Education, M.Phil stipend will be extended for a period of six months/one semester.
- On the proposal of the Head of the Department Of Education, Ph.D stipends and book-grants are provided to the candidates for a period of 3 years which will be further extended to the another one year.
Candidates may fetch the detailed information regarding NEC Scholarship 2018 by visiting the Official Link of the department of education. To be updated with latest news concerning NEC Scholarship you are advised to be in touch with our portal by pressing CTRL + D.
Something That You Should Put an Eye On
|College is AICTE Approved?||How to Apply for Scholarship|
|Scholarship Exams For Studying Abroad||How To Get A College Scholarship|
|How to Get a Free College Education||Education Loans for Students|
|Start a New Life In College?||How Do Toppers Study?|