Medical Council Committee (MCC) is all set to organize NEET Counselling as and when the results for various PG courses such as MD / MS / Diploma & MDS entrance tests will be declared. There will be a centralized counselling for 15% seats falling All India Quota seats. States participating in NEET 2017 will conduct separate counselling for the remaining 85% seats. Private colleges will also participate in the centralized state counselling.
Earlier, NEET seat allotment result was declared three times after three rounds of counselling process. However, after a Supreme Court’s directive on NEET counselling procedures, now, counselling is held in two rounds only.
The counseling for examination which was conducted in the pen and paper mode is going to commence from, 14th March onwards. For counselling process, dates and related information scroll down through the underneath listed important information.
- Online Self Declaration of the candidates will be verified at the time of counseling and if found to be false at any time, the candidature/admission of such candidates shall be cancelled.
- Applications are invited by the admitting authorities for counseling and merit list shall be drawn based on All India Rank.
- Marks obtained in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test are the only source of admission to MBBS / BDS Courses within the respective categories.
- Merit List for Counseling under 15% All India Quota The merit list of the eligible and successful Candidates who have opted for 15% All India quota seats will be prepared by the CBSE on the basis of score obtained in the NEET – 2017.
Read Here: Counselling Tips & Techniques
NEET 2017 Counselling Procedure
Step 1. Online Registration
- For participation in the NEET counselling, the aspirants are required to register themselves by filling their basic details. Without having registration, the aspirants will not been able to participate in the counselling procedure. After registration, candidates will get a unique USER ID & PASSWORD in registered email Id & mobile number. Candidates have to register with the given user id & password for further procedure.
- Candidates who are already registered can participate in counseling by entering their log in id and password.
Step 2: Choice Filling and Locking Of Choices
- While filling the registration form aspirants are required to fill their choices for courses and medical and dental colleges by hitting on save button. Once the choice is locked and saved by candidates they cannot be either changed or unlocked.
- On selection, candidates must lock their choices for final selection.
- NEET 2017 mock counseling / indicative seat allotment will be done where choices submitted by the candidates will be processed during the counseling period of round-1 and indicative seat will be displayed which will be available at that point of time.
Want to Know? Counselling Procedure in Details
Step 3: Seat Allotment
Once the candidate has made the selection of institutes from the given list of institutes, they have to select the “Indicative Seat”. And during this indicative seat allotment (Mock Counselling), the choices made by the candidate will be processed twice on the notified dates during the NEET 2017 Registration and Choice Filling period.
Step 4: NEET 2017 counseling Round 1 Result Publish
Publishing of first round of counseling will be taken place on June. Result will have the detail of medical and dental colleges allotted to candidates as per their choice and rank.
NEET 2017 Participating Colleges
|College name||College name|
|Assam Medical College||MGM Medical College|
|Guwahati Medical College||Rajendra Institute of Medical Science|
|Silchar Medical College||Patliputra Medical College|
|Jorhat Medical College||Bangalore Medical College|
|Fakhruddin Ali Ahmad Medical College||Vijaynagar Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Tezpur Medical College||Karnataka Institute of Medical Science|
|AN Magadh Medical College||Mysore Medical College|
|College name||College name|
|Darbhanga Medical college||Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College||Belgaun Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Nalanda Medical College||Mandyn Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Shri Krishna Medical College||Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Patna Medical College||Himoga Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Shri Krishna Medical College||T D Medical College|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences||ESIC Medical College|
|Vardhman institute of medical Sciences||Cochin Medical College|
|Government Medical College||Institute of Integrated Medical Science|
|JNM Medical college||SRTR Medical College|
|Shri Baliram Kashyap Memorial NDMC GMC||Regional Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Chattisgarh Institute of Medical Sciences||Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College|
|Shri Lakhi Ram Government Medical College||SCB Medical College|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College||SN Medical College|
|Maulana Azad Medical College||Sardar patel Medical Colleg|
|College name||College name|
|University college of Medical Sciences||RNT Medical College|
|North Delhi Municipal Corporation Medical College||Madurai Medical College|
|Vardhman Medical College||Stanley Medical College|
|Goa Medical College||Thanjavur Medical Colleg|
|Government Vellore Medical College||Kanyakumari Government Medical College|
|J Medical College||Agartala Govt. Medical College|
|MP Shah Medical College||Burdwan Medical College|
|Deen Dayal Upadhyay Medical College||Kolkatta National Medical College|
|Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Medical College||Nilratan Sircar Medical College|
|BPS Government Medical College||RG KAR Medical College|
|Indira Gandhi Medical College||Sagar Dutta Medical College|
|Shaheed Hasan Khan Mewati Government Medical College|
|Rajendra Prasad Medical College|
Step 5: Reporting to Allotted Medical / Dental College
On the basis of result of first round of counseling candidates have to report at the medical college allotted to them within the given dates to complete admission formalities.
Check Now: Scholarship in India
2nd Round of NEET Counseling 2017:
Round second of counseling will be only an up-gradation of choice selected in first round. No new registration and choice submission will be made in this round. Choices for medical and dental colleges opted at round 1 will be further processed for allotment of seats. Counseling round 2 Result will be declared in July. Candidates are required to submit fresh choices online from July. .
Candidates taking part in second round of online allotment will have to submit fresh choices during choice submission period and lock the choices during period of locking. There will be no indicative allotment in second round of counseling. Choices locked by the candidates would be processed and result will be published.
Read Now: How to Get a Free College Education
Documents Required for NEET 2017 Counselling Process
- 10th and 12th class Mark sheets.
- 10th and 12th class Passing Certificate.
- Birth Certificate.
- Rank Card of NEET 2017
- Two Passport Sizes photograph similar to that affixed on the NEET 2017 Application Form.
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- PWD Certificate (If applicable)
- Counselling Letter issued by NEET Authority.
Check Here: Documents Required For Counseling
Schedule for Online Counseling (Allotment Process) For NEET (All India Quota) UG (MBBS/BDS) Seats – 2017
|S.No.||Counseling Events||Tentative Dates||Days|
|1||Main Counseling Registration, Choice Filling & Indicative Seat allotment|
(Facility for Registration shall be valid for both rounds (Round-1 and 2) of counseling. Please note there will not be any further registration after 19/3/17.
|14th March (Tuesday) 2017 (10:00 AM) to 19th March (Sunday), 2017 (5:00 PM)||6 Days|
|2||Exercising of Choices (After Registration) and Locking(20/03/2017)||14th March (Tuesday) 2017 to 20th March (Monday), 2017||(Locking)1 Day|
|3||Process of Seat Allotment – Round 1||21st March (Tuesday) 2017 to 22nd March (Wednesday) 2017||2 Days|
|4||Publishing of Round 1 Result||23rd March (Thursday) 2017||1 Day|
|5||Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College – Round 1||24th March (Friday) 2017 to 3 rd April (Sunday) 2017, (Up to 5:00 PM, as per server time)||12 Days|
|6||Exercising of Choices and Locking–Round 2||21st April (Friday)to 23rd April (Sunday) (Up to 5:00 pm)||3 Days|
|7||Seat Allotment – Round 2||24th April to 25th April 2017||2 Days|
|8||Publishing of Round 2 Result||26th April 2017||1 Day|
|9||Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College – Round 2||27th April to 9th May 2017||13 Days|
|10||Vacant seats transferred to State Quota||9th May 2017 (After 05:00 PM)||–|
Check Now: Counselling Schedule
You may check this Official Link for getting more detailed facts about NEET Counselling 2017. (The link will be activated shortly)
Candidates are advised to visit our web portal for getting other details related to top colleges, admission, syllabus and time table etc. You can also obtain other information by joining us on Facebook and Google Plus.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|NEET UG Syllabus||NEET UG Result|
|NEET Application Form||NEET Hall Ticket|
|Education Loans for Students||Do you need Money for College Fee?|
|Entrance Exam in India||How to Start a New Life In College?|
|Top Colleges in India||UGC Approved University List|