NEET Exam Pattern
Candidates who are preparing for the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test must check out the NEET Exam Pattern 2019-20 to know about the structure of Exam. Here in this page we have given complete NEET UG Paper Pattern along with the Chapter Wise Weightage and Marks.
NEET UG Exam pattern
NEET Entrance exam is conducted in in offline mode (pen-paper based) and covers all the topics and syllabus from class 11 and class 12 of Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects. There are total of 180 questions in exam.
NEET 2019 Exam: An Overview
|Exam Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Courses||MBBS and BDS|
|Total Seat||Around 1 lakh (MBBS + BDS)|
|Course Duration||MBBS: 4½ years with 1 year compulsory rotating internshipBDS: 4 years with 1 year compulsory rotating internship|
|Examination Date||5th May 2019|
NEET Exam scheme
NEET exam is gateway to get admission into medical & dental UG courses offered by various government as well as private medical colleges of the country. So candidates who wish to apply for NEET exam must check NEET Exam Pattern or NEET entrance exam Paper Pattern and prepare accordingly. Further details about NEET Exam Pattern and syllabus are given in below section of this page of recruitmentresult.com
NEET Exam Pattern
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern: Highlights
|Number of Questions | Total Marks||180 | 720 Marks|
|No. of questions in each section||Physics- 45, Chemistry- 45, Botany- 45, Zoology- 45|
|Marking Scheme||+ 4 for correct answer, -1 for incorrect answer|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen- paper based Test)|
|Aggregate Score Calculation||Total number of correct answers X 4 – Total number of incorrect answers X 1(Note: There are no marks for not attempting questions)|
Pattern of NEET Question Paper
There will be 180 questions in the examination from which 45 will be from Physics and 45 will be from Chemistry and rest 90 will be from Biology
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Exam Pattern of NEET 2019 in Detail:
- Exam mode: the examination will be given in paper pen mode. A ball –point pen can only be used to mark answers in the OMR Sheet. The stationery will be provided to candidates inside the examination hall.
- Number of questions: NEET 2018 question booklet will consist of 180 questions from all the three subjects. Physics and Chemistry section will consist of 45 questions each, while, Biology section will comprise of 90 questions.
- Types of questions: there will be Objective type questions in the NEET 2018 question paper; each question will have 4 alternative answers. Candidate needs to choose and one answer as the right one. The questions in the examination will belong to the NEET Syllabus prescribed by the examination authorities.
- Time Given: candidates will be given 180 minutes i.e. 03 hours to complete the whole examination
- Language: there are eight vernacular languages (apart from English and Hindi) in which the NEET Question paper will be prepared. The eight vernacular languages are Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya and Kannada. The language of question paper will be based on the language they chose at the time of filling up the examination form.
Read Also: Last Minute Exam Study Preparation Tips
- NEET Syllabus: There will be multiple choice questions in NEET Booklet and all the questions will be from Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The standard of questions will be as same as taught during 10+2/HSC level from books of council like NCERT, CBSE and COBSE.
- Marking Scheme of NEET: According to NEET exam question paper pattern, each question in NEET 2018 Exam will be of 4 marks. For each right answer candidates will be awarded with 4 positive marks and it candidates give wrong answer then 1 mark will be deducted from the positive marks.
Do You Know: How to Solve a Problem in Exam Correctly
|Each correct response||+4|
|Each incorrect response||-1|
|Unmarked questions||No marks|
Language of NEET Question Paper
|English and Hindi||All examination cities|
|English, Hindi and Telugu||Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|English, Hindi and Bengali||West Bengal|
|English, Hindi and Kannada||Karnataka|
|English, Hindi and Gujarati||Gujarat, Daman, Dadar & Nagar Haveli|
|English, Hindi and Tamil||Tamil Nadu|
|English, Hindi and Marathi||Maharashtra|
|English, Hindi and Assam||Assam|
|English, Hindi and Oriya||Odisha|
Check Also: Tips to Make Study Interesting
NEET Examination 2018 Statistics
In 2018, 1326725 candidates participated in the NEET Examination which was held in 136 cities across the nation. Candidates can check some important statistics below in the table:
Check Out: How To Maximize Your Score In Exam
NEET Entrance Exam Pattern
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) is conducted by top medical colleges or universities of the country for admission in MBBS and BDS courses. NEET Exam for session 2019 will be held on 05-05-2019.
Check More Related Links
|NEET UG Syllabus||NEET Application Form|
|Top NEET Coaching Centres||NEET Books|
|NEET Eligibility Criteria||NEET Counselling|
|NEET Answer Key||NEET Result|
|NEET Hall Ticket||NEET Online Mock Test|
|Medical Entrance Exams Preparation Books||How to Prepare For NEET|
NEET UG 2019 Exam Pattern
Candidates who wish to apply for NEET exam must check NEET Exam Pattern and prepare accordingly. With the help of NEET UG Paper Pattern, candidates will also get the details about the marks distribution of each chapter in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
Q1- How many marks is the NEET exam?
Ans: NEET exam is of 720 marks.
Q2-Is there any negative marking in NEET 2019?
Ans: There is negative marking of 1 mark in NEET exam.
Q3–What are the subjects in NEET exam?
Ans: There are 4 subjects in NEET that is Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.
Q4-How many questions are there in NEET exam?
Ans: NEET 2019 question booklet will consist of 180 questions from all the three subjects. Physics and Chemistry section will have 45 questions each, while, Biology section will comprise of 90 questions.
Q5- What is the pass mark for NEET exam?
Ans: Candidates must score 180 out of 720 marks that is 40% which is the minimum mark a student must score to pass the NEET Entrance exam.
Q6- Will NEET have descriptive questions?
Ans: NEET only has Multiple Choice Questions as of now.
Get Best Answer: How to Get in the Mood to Study
Candidates can collect more information about NEET Exam pattern 2019 by staying connected with us on this page. For any query or suggestion about NEET entrance exam Paper Pattern, comment in the below given comment box.