NEET Exam Pattern
Applying students for NEET Admission in MBBS and BDS courses provided by top medical colleges or universities of the country have to qualify National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test, so must check NEET Exam Pattern as it can help you to acknowledge your idea.
NEET Exam for session 2018 – 2019 will be held on 06-05-2018. With the help of NEET UG Paper Pattern for NEET Examination, you can check the chapter wise Exam weightage which will helps you in getting thoughts regarding the importance of each chapter also the marks that chapter contains.
NEET UG Exam Pattern:
From latest NEET Paper Pattern, candidates can easily know what marks they have to score to qualify and to become eligible for getting admission.
With the help of NEET UG Paper Pattern, candidates will also get the details about the marks distribution of each chapter in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Further details about NEET Exam Pattern and syllabus are given ion below section of this page of recruitmentresult.com
NEET Exam Pattern
NEET UG Exam Pattern
|Level of Difficulty||Marks|
|Marked Easy||Moderate Level||Difficulty Level|
|Time: 3 hours|
|Physics||45||10||27||8||04 marks each|
|Botany + Zoology||90||31||38||21|
Check Here In Detail: NEET UG Syllabus
Latest NEET Exam Notification:
NEET Admission Notification for the session of 2018 – 2019 has been released by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi. Those candidates who want to get admitted in MBBS and BDS courses provided by top medical colleges or universities of the country need to crack NEET Exam. NEET is known as National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (national level entrance test) and organized by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi.
NEET exam is gateway to get admission into medical & dental UG courses offered by various government as well as private medical colleges of the country.
To apply for NEET Entrance Exam held on 06-05-2018 (Sunday), you have to submit NEET Application Form till the last date that is 09-03-2018 (11:50 PM). Submission of NEET Application Form is only via online process. NEET Result will be declared on 05-06-2018 however NEET Counselling will be started from 12-06-2018 to 24-06-2018
Hit here for Official PDF of NEED Admission Notice
New Users: Apply Online
Already registered users: Login Directly
Forgot Registration Number? Press Here
Hit here for: Submit Grievance
Let’s discuss the NEET Exam pattern in Detail:
First of all let’s go through the neet 2018 exam pattern:
|Exam mode||Pen and paper|
|Number of questions||180|
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total time Duration||180 minutes|
|Language||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil,Telugu, Oriya and Kannada|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for each correct response|
|Negative Marking||-1 for each incorrect answer|
Check Here: Top NEET Coaching Centres
Let us discuss each factor of NEET Exam Pattern 2018 in detail:
- Exam mode: the examination will be given in paper pen mode. A ball –point pen can only be used to mark answers in the OMR Sheet. The stationery will be provided to candidates inside the examination hall.
- Number of questions: NEET 2018 question booklet will consist of 180 questions from all the three subjects. Physics and Chemistry section will consist of 45 questions each, while, Biology section will comprise of 90 questions.
NEET 2018 Subject wise Number of Questions
There will be 180 questions in the examination from which 45 will be from Physics and 45 will be from Chemistry and rest 90 will be from Biology
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
- Types of questions: there will be Objective type questions in the NEET 2018 question paper; each question will have 4 alternative answers. Candidate needs to choose and one answer as the right one. The questions in the examination will belong to the NEET Syllabus prescribed by the examination authorities.
- Time Given: candidates will be given 180 minutes i.e. 03 hours to complete the whole examination
- Language: there are eight vernacular languages (apart from English and Hindi) in which the NEET Question paper will be prepared. The eight vernacular languages are Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya and Kannada. The language of question paper will be based on the language they chose at the time of filling up the examination form.
Languages for NEET 2018 question paper are:
Read Also: Last Minute Exam Study Preparation Tips
Some points to be noted about the language chosen by candidate for NEET question paper:
- The medium or language used to appear in the NEET question paper will be as same as the language chosen by candidate at the time of filling up the NEET Application form
- Once candidate mark the language option then it cannot be alter later
- Those candidates who will choose the language medium of NEET 2018 English will receive the question paper in English language only and then it will become mandatory for them to complete the whole examination in English language only.
- Candidates who will choose Hindi language will receive the Question paper in Both English and Hindi Language but it will also mandatory for them to give the examination in Hindi language
- Candidates who will chose regional language as a medium of question paper will receive question paper in selected language and in English
- In case of any problem in translation of any question, the English version of the same will be treated as final
Do You Know: How to Solve a Problem in Exam Correctly
Exercising option of regional language will be available as per the following details:
|Medium of question paper||Examination centres in|
|English and Hindi||All examination centres|
|Assamese, Hindi and English||Assam|
|Bengali, Hindi and English||West Bengal|
|Gujarati, Hindi and English||Gujarat|
|Marathi,Hindi and English||Maharashtra|
|Tamil,Hindi and English||Tamil Nadu|
|Telugu, Hindi and English||Andhra Pradesh &Telangana|
|Oriya,Hindi and English||Odisha|
|Kannada, Hindi and English||Karnataka|
- NEET Syllabus: There will be multiple choice questions in NEET Booklet and all the questions will be from Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The standard of questions will be as same as taught during 10+2/HSC level from books of council like NCERT, CBSE and COBSE.
- Marking Scheme of NEET: According to NEET exam question paper pattern, each question in NEET 2018 Exam will be of 4 marks. For each right answer candidates will be awarded with 4 positive marks and it candidates give wrong answer then 1 mark will be deducted from the positive marks.
Check Also: NEET Books
NEET Exam Marking Scheme
by the help of pattern of neet exam you can also check Negative marking of each wrong question. in the below table we have provided NEET marking scheme:
|Each correct response||+4|
|Each incorrect response||-1|
|Unmarked questions||No marks|
Check Out: How To Maximize Your Score In Exam
Chapter wise NEET Exam pattern and Weightage:
NEET Exam pattern – Physics:
Want to Know? How to Prepare For NEET
NEET Exam pattern – Chemistry:
NEET Exam pattern – Biology:
Check Also: Tips to Make Study Interesting
NEET Exam pattern – Zoology:
Qualifying Marks In NEET 2018
In according to the details given in the NEET Prospectus, to qualify the NEET Examination Unreserved candidates need to score a minimum of 50% marks whereas SC/ST/OBC candidate have to obtain 40% marks. On the other hand the physically handicapped candidate have to score at least 45% marks.
Get Best Answer: How to Get in the Mood to Study
We hope with the help of the details given here on this page the concept of NEET Exam pattern will become clear in your mind. If you are satisfied with the details given here on this page then you may save it also all you need to do is to bookmark it by using CTRL+D tab
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|NEET Eligibility Criteria||NEET Counselling|
|NEET Answer Key||NEET Result|
|NEET Hall Ticket||NEET Online Mock Test|
|Medical Entrance Exams Preparation Books||Top Medical Colleges In India|