NEST Exam Pattern
NEST 2019 Exam is scheduled to be held on 01st June 2019 for admission to 5-year Integrated MSc Course. Check NEST Exam Pattern first before starting the exam preparation. The Exam Pattern of NEST 2019 contains the detailed information regarding No Of Questions, Marking Scheme, exam duration etc.
Quick View of NEST 2019 Exam:
|Conducted By||National Institute of Science Education and Research|
|Exam Name||National Entrance Screening Test|
|Last Date to Apply Online||18-03-2019|
|NEST Admit Card Availability||24-04-2019|
|NEST Exam Date||01-05-2019|
|NEST Result Date||17-05-2019|
NEST Exam Pattern
Highlights of NEST Exam Pattern 2019:
- Total No of Subjects included in National Entrance Screening Test: 05
- Subjects Involved: General Ability, Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and Biology
- Mode of the exam: Pen and Paper based (offline) exam
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (objective type)
- Language Of the Exam: English only
- Pattern of examination: Question paper which will be asked in OMR pattern
- NEST Duration: The duration of exam is of 3.5 hours.
- Total Marks: 180
|Types of questions||Multiple Choice|
|Sectional Marks||Section I – 30 Marks|
Section II-V – 50 Marks each
|Marking Scheme||No negative marking will be applied for Section I|
Check NEST Related Links:
|NEST 2019 Application Form||Get Details|
|NEST Scholarship||Get Details|
|NEST Previous Year Papers||Get Details|
|NEST Admit Card||Get Details|
|NEST Result||Get Details|
|Official Website||Press Here|
What is New in NEST 2019 Exam Pattern?
- All the questions will be multiple choices where in candidates will have to click on the correct answer from the options provided.
- Interestingly, in section 2 of the question paper candidates will come across questions which will carry one or more correct answers. Candidates need to mark all the correct choices.
- Negative marking will not be applicable in section 1 while certain questions from section 2 to 5 will carry negative marking
|Section||NEST No Of Questions|
Know Here: How To Find Online Study Material
NEST Marking Scheme 2019:
NEST 2019 will be of 230 marks in total. The question paper will be divided into 5 sections wherein all questions carry equal weightage except GA. General Aptitude will be for 30 marks whereas Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology will carry 50 marks each. Marking scheme of NEST 2019 differs from section to section.
- Section 1-General Ability has no negative marking. No marks are deducted for any wrong answer.
- Other sections like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology have negative marking.
- Some questions might have one or more correct answers for which marks can only be earned by marking all correct answers and no incorrect answer.
- The Number of questions might change every year for NEST exam.
Read Now: How to Solve a Problem in Exam Correctly
National Entrance Screening Test Exam Pattern 2019:
National Institute of Science Education and Research conducts NEST Entrance Exam for availing admissions in different institutes and colleges in India. Institute organizes this exam to provide eligibility criteria for taking admission in to the 5–year Integrated M.Sc Course in basic sciences – Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
NEST Exam Pattern 2019 describes the paper pattern, subject-wise marking scheme, distribution of marks, time duration and others such. It is announced by the examination conducting authority along with syllabus, recommended books and marks distribution online on the official website of NEST.
Check NEST Paper Pattern 2019 from this page. As per the NEST Exam pattern 2019 the question paper will be divided into five sections. Section 1 will carry general questions and section 2 to 5 will be divided into Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics, each section carrying 50 marks.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Tips to Get Motivated for Everything||Tips To Create Your Own Study Guide|
|Strategies To Improve Memory||How to Prepare for Written Exam|
|Avoid Sleeping While Studying||Last Minute Exam Preparation Tips|
|Best Study Apps for Students||How Do Toppers Study?|