Online applications are invited from eligible students with disabilities by National Handicapped Finance & Development Corporation (NHFDC) to provide NHFDC Scholarship. This scholarship scheme will be awarded to students for getting Degree and Post Graduate level professional and technical courses from recognized institutions in India. Candidates wish to avail the benefit of NHFDC Scholarship 2017, must submit their filled application as soon as possible.
2500 Scholarships has been planned to be awarded out of which 30% scholarships will be reserved for girls, which will be transferable to male students in case of non-availability of female candidates. This scheme will be awarded on quarterly basis for the applications received in preceding quarter.
This Page Includes:
NHFDC has introduced this scheme on behalf of Dept. of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan), Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India. Every year number of fellowships is granted out for eligible students with disabilities. More information regarding this notification can be checked in the underneath segment of this page of recruitmentresult.com.
|Name of scholarship||NHFDC Scholarship|
|Last date of receipt of Application||30-06-2017|
- Monthly income of the beneficiary / parent or guardian should not be more than Rs.25,000/-(Rs. 3.00 Lakh p.a.) from all sources.
- Family income includes income of parent / guardian.
Check Here: Scholarships in India
- Students will be paid maintenance allowance for 10 months @ Rs. 2500/ per month for Professional Graduate Courses and Rs.3000/- per month for Professional Post-Graduate Courses in one academic year at following rates.
|Class / Course||Maintenance allowance|
(Rs. per month)
(Rs. Per annum)
|Professional Graduate Courses||2500/-||6000/-|
|Professional Post-Graduate courses||3000/-||10000/-|
- Books/Stationery allowance will be paid to students pursuing Professional Graduate Courses @ Rs.6,000/- per annum and Rs.10,000/- per annum for pursuing Professional Post-Graduate Courses.
- Differently-abled students in addition will be provided financial assistance for purchase of aids & appliances (only once during life time) as given below.
|1.||Brailler / Brailler Typewriter||Rs. 10,000||For blind|
|2.||Laptop or Desktop with Screen reading software||Rs. 40,000||For blind|
|3.||Laptop or Desktop with Screen Magnification software||Rs. 60,000||For low vision|
Want to Know? How to Get Scholarship
|1.||Binaural digital programmable hearing aid with annual provision of button cells||Rs 50,000 + Rs 3600 p.a.|
|2.||Cell phone with SMS SIM card||Rs 5,000|
|3.||Laptop or Desktop with WiFi (Blue tooth) facility||Rs 70,000|
|1.||Laptop or Desktop||Rs. 40,000|
- Reimbursement of Non-Refundable fees restricted to the limit of fee of similar courses in Government / Government -aided institutions.
Other Fellowship Details:
- A Scholarship holder under this scheme will not avail any other scholarship / stipend for pursuing the course.
- Under this scheme, an advance copy of application should also be submitted online by the candidate.
- Applicants may apply any time in each academic year from 1st July to 30th June for scholarship under this scheme.
Read Now: How To Prepare For Scholarship
How to fill online application for NHFDC Scholarship?
- Willing aspirants need to firstly log on to official website that is www.nhfdc.nic.in.
- Now hit on “2500 Scholarships” link visible at the left side of home page and further select appropriate link from the appeared page.
- Read all the provided instruction carefully and then select “Apply Now” button available on previous page.
- Fill all required details in blank textboxes.
- Upload copies of your documents (if applicable) and Then save and continue.
- Then registration id will be generated.
- Now go to qualification information.
- Fill all mandatory details in regard of your qualification.
- Lastly, submit your details within given time.
- Get print out of filled application.
- It is to be noted that without a hard copy of application, a candidate’s application in soft copy will not be entertained.
Complete Details: How to Apply Scholarship
Attachments / Documents to be submitted along with hard copy of application:
- Academic record – attested copies of relevant certificates / mark sheets for the qualifying examination
- Proof of annual income – Proof of income shall include last salary slip of parent / guardian, acknowledgement of income tax/income certificate from revenue official / Gazetted Officer / public representative e.g. MP, MLA, MLC, Panchayat Officials etc;
- Attested copy of Disability certificate;
- Course fee receipt (if any), duly paid during the academic session and countersigned by the authorized signatory of the institution;
- Receipt/Invoice of eligible assistive devices duly countersigned by the authorized signatory of the institution;
- In case of continuation of scholarship in a succeeding year, attached attested copy of the mark sheets of the preceding year.
- Copy of the pass book of saving bank account and cancelled cheque.
National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC),
3rd Floor, PHD House, 4/2, SIRI Institutional Area,
August Kranti Marg, New Delhi- 110016
Last date of receipt of Application: 30-06-2017
You can apply for the NHFDC Scholarship 2017 directly using this Official Link.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Top Universities in India||Scholarship Benefits|
|Education Loans for Students||Do you need Money for College Fee?|
|How to Get a Free College Education||Entrance Exam in India|
|Counselling Schedule||Best Career Opportunities|