Nine Days to Delight Maa Bhagwati
Navratri is Hindu festival in which we worship 9 forms of Durga, Read here ways to Nine Days to Delight Maa Bhagwati and know about complete Nav Durga Puja Vidhi on this Navratri. Navratri is celebrated because of the renowned story of battle between goddess Durga and the devil Mahishasura, who represents egotism. Everyone in India celebrate these 9 days twice a year -once in Chaitra (March-April) and the other in Ashwin (September-October) with immense zeal and dedication. It is an auspicious festival generally celebrated by worshiping or doing Nav Durga Puja.
The literal meaning of ‘Navratri’ is ‘nine lucky nights’ and this festival celebrated in the honor of nine different forms of the Goddess Durga, Lakshmi and Saraswati for nine continuous days. These Nav Durga are, Shailputri, Brahmcharini, Chandraghanta, Kushmanda, Skandmata, Katyayani, Kalratri, Mahagauri and Siddhidatri.Navratri is a celebration of the core essence of womanhood. Kanya Puja is an important ritual during Navratri, to give respect to womanhood and propitiate the girl child. Goddess Durga aka Kali is represented as a symbol of shakti – the ultimate strength.
How Navratri Puja Vidhi Is Based On Day?
Nav Durga Puja is easy; know here (which Nav Durga is associated with which day of Navratri). Here is the list of Nav Durga associated with particular date (tithi) of Navratri:
- 28th March 2017: Shailputri
- 29th March 2017: Brahmcharini
- 30th March 2017: Chandraghanta
- 31th March 2017: Kushmanda
- 1st April 2017: Skandmata
- 2nd April 2017: Katyayani
- 3rd April 2017: Kalratri
- 4th April 2017: Mahagauri
- 5th April 2017: Siddhidatri
या देवी सर्वभूतेषु शक्तिरूपेण संस्थिता. नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमो नम:
Now, see this Easy Navratri Puja Vidhi first…
Navratri – Nav Durga Puja Vidhi
Let Get Start;
- For performing the Navratri Pooja, you need to wake up early in the morning.
- Get up sharp at the sunrise.
- This time is considered best to perform the Navratri Pooja.
- Take bath and wear laundered clothes.
- You will need incense sticks, a ‘deep’ and a matchstick, some fresh flowers like rose, jasmine or red hibiscus.
- To offer should have fresh fruits and sweets such as ‘laddoo’, or ‘peda’ for prasad.
Step-by-Step Nav Durga Puja during Navratri at Your Home
Here, is the full Navratri Pooja Vidhi – Items to be required for the Navratri Pooja:
- Picture or Idol of Goddess Durga in the Pooja room
- A dupatta or sari to offer to the deity
- Durga Saptshati book
- Ganga water or plain water in Kalash (pitcher)
- Fresh and washed mango leaves
- Fresh grass
- One coconut
- Roli, red sacred powder for tilak
- Moli, red sacred thread
- Supari (Areca nuts)
- Paan (Betel leaves)
- Kumkum (vermilion)
Worship specific form of Nav Durga on their respective day with following Mantras to please them:
1. Shailputri Puja on First Day of Navratri:
Shailputri is the name of form of Maa Durga when she incarnated as daughter of King of Mountains Himachal. Her lustre is said equal to crores of moons, rides on a Bull named Nandi.
Mantra of worship of Shailputri Devi:
- Om Devi Shailputryai Swaha (ॐ देवी शैल्पुत्र्यै स्वाहा) (Do 108 recitation of this mantra)
- Vande Vanchhit Laabhaay, Chandrardhkritshekharaam | Vrisharudham Shooldharaam Shailputriim Yashaswinim ||
2. Brahmcharini Puja on Second Day of Navratri:
Brahmcharini is form of Maa Durga when she was incarnated as the daughter of King Daksh. Her name was sati in that incarnation and her unmarried form is worshipped as Brahmcharini Devi.
Mantra for worship of Devi Brahmcharini:
- Om Devi Brahmcharinyai Namah (ॐ देवी ब्रह्म्चरिण्यै नमः) (Do 108 recitation of this mantra)
- Dadhaanaa Kar Padmaabhyaamakshmala Kamandaloo | Devi Prasidatu Mayi Brahmcharinyanuttamaa.
3. Chandraghanta Puja on Third Day of Navratri:
Chandraghanta is form of Maa Durga who rides on Tiger. She holds a Gong (big bell) and adorned with half moon on head.
Mantra for worship of Devi Chandraghanta is as follows:
- Om Devi Chandraghantayayi Namah (ॐ देवी चन्द्रघन्टायै नमः) (Do 108 recitation of this mantra)
- Pindaj Pravaarudh chandkopastrkairyuta | Prasadam Tanute Madhyam Chandraghanteti vishrutaa ||
4. Kushmanda Puja on Fourth Day of Navratri:
Kushmanda is the form of Goddess Durga which creates universe. Goddess rides on Lion. She creates the entire universe and solar system.
Mantra for worship of Goddess Kushmanda is :
- Om Devi Kushmandayayi Namah (ॐ देवी कूष्माण्डायै नमः) (Do 108 recitation of this mantra)
- Suraasampoorna Kalasham Rudhiraaplutamev Cha | Dadhaanaa Hastpadmaabhyaam Kushmanda Shubhdaastu Me ||
5. Skandmata Puja on Fifth Day of Navratri:
Skandmata is the form of Goddess Durga when she take incarnation of Parvati and gave birth to Lord Skanda or Kartikeya.
The mantra for worship of Goddess Skandamata is :
- Om Devi Skandmatayayi Namah (ॐ देवी स्कन्दमातायै नमः)(Do 108 recitation of this mantra)
- Sinhaasangataam Nityam Padmaanchit Kardwayaa | Shubhdaastu Sadaa Devi Skandmata Yashaswini ||
6. Katyayani Puja on Sixth Day of Navratri:
Goddess Durga took incarnation as Katyayani, when Indian Rishi Katyayan meditate on Goddess to destroy demons. Goddess Durga incarnated in his home as his daughter, named Katyayani.
Katyayani Mantra for worship in Navratri is :
- Om Devi Katyayanyayi Namah (ॐ देवी कात्यायन्यै नमः) (Do 108 recitation of this mantra)
- Chandrahaasojjval Karaa Shaardoolvarvaahanaa | Katyayani Shubham Dadyaad Devi Daanavghatini ||
7. Kalratri Puja on Seventh Day of Navratri :
Kalratri is incarnation of Goddess in which she removed her golden skin and became lustrous black colored. She is naked, rides on an ass.
She holds sword and Varmudra in two right hands. She holds a torch and abhaya mudra in left two hands. She is the Master of Hypnotism.
Kalratri Mantra for worship during Navratri is:
- Om Devi Kalratryayi Namah (ॐ देवी कालरात्र्यै नमः) (Do 108 Recittaion of this Kalratri Mantra)
- Ekveni Japakarnpoora Nagna Kharaasthita | Lamboshthi Karnika karni Tailaabhyaktshariirini || Vaam Paadollasallohlata Kantakbhushanaa | Bardhan Moordham Dhwajaa Krishnaa Kalratrirbhayankari ||
8. Mahagauri Puja on Eighth Day of Navratri:
Mahagauri is the 16 years old form of unmarried Goddess Parvati. She rides on bull, holds trident and damru in two hands. She has varamudra and abhayamudra in other two hands.
She wears pure white cloths. Her face is white like moon. Mantra for worship of Mahagauri during Navratri is:
- Om Devi Mahagauryayi Namah (ॐ देवी महागौर्यै नमः) (Do 108 Recitation of Mahagauri Mantra)
- Shwete Vrishesamarudha Shwetaambardhara Shuchih | Mahagauri Shubham Dadyanmahadev Pramodadaa ||
9. Siddhidatri Puja on Ninth Day of Navratri:
Siddhidatri is master of eight siddhis and nine nidhis. Siddhidatri took incarnation when goddess Parvati enters in half body of Lord Shiva.
Siddhidatri is seated on Red Lotus and She also rides on Lion. She has Conch, Chakra, Lotus and Gada in her four hands. Dev, Humans, Brahmins, Demons, Kinnars are all worshipping her.
Siddhidatri Mantra for worship during Navratri is :
- Om Devi Siddhidatryayi Namah (ॐ देवी सिद्धिदात्र्यै नमः) (Do 108 Recititation of Siddhidatri Mantra)
- Siddha Gandharva Yakshdyairasurairamarairapi | Sevyamaanaa Sadabhuyaat Siddhida Siddhidayini ||
Wish you a Happy Navratri!
Stay blessed this Navratri, Say what you feel in comments we’ll love to read your views!!