NIT Rourkela Admission
National Institute of Technology offers NIT Rourkela Admission for Ph.D/M.Tech & Other Courses. In this regard, it invites online application form from eligible & dynamic contenders. Process to accept NIT Rourkela application form begins from Last week of April 2018 & last till 4th week of may 2018. Keen aspirants applying for NIT Rourkela Admission 2018 for July session may go through eligibility terms, applying dates, procedure to apply etc.
Over-view of page:
Those applying for Ph.D / M.Tech (Research) Programmes are requested to read the instructions carefully prior filling of form. After screening of application forms, shortlisted contenders will be invited for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Additional details about NIT Rourkela Admission 2018 is well listed on this page created by team of recruitmentresult.com
NIT Rourkela Admission
Courses offered by NIT Rourkela for academic session 2018-19:
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Rourkela Admission:
For Ph.D Programme:
Here is minimum qualification necessary for admission to Ph.D. programme in Engineering, Science, Management, and Humanities & Social Sciences.
- E./M.Tech./M.Pharm in relevant discipline with minimum of 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks in aggregate in both B.Tech. (or M.Sc./B.Pharm/ MCA or equivalent) and M.Tech from a known institute.
- Applicants may possess B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm/MCA or equivalent in relevant discipline with CGPA of 7.0 or 65 percent marks in aggregate.
- You may hold M.Sc. in Basic Sciences with CGPA 7.0 or 65 percent marks in aggregate in relevant disciplines. Those having valid GATE/NET/GPAT score may get relaxation upto 0.5 CGPA or 5% marks.
- Those having M.B.B.S./B.V.Sc. degree with CGPA 6.5 or 60 percent marks in aggregate.
Aspirants may apply for Ph. D in Management and Humanities & Social Sciences based on listed qualification.
- Candidates may possess M.A. / MBA / M.Com. /M. Sc. in Humanities and Social Sciences or Management with 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks in aggregate.
- Those without ample background in the primary discipline will be needed to have 10% extra marks (1.0 CGPA) to qualify over students with specialization in a primary discipline, unless explicitly exempted by the senate.
Check here: How to Get a PhD Degree
For M.Tech (Research) Programme:
Applicants applying for admission to M.Tech.(Research) program in Engineering, Science, Management and Humanities & Social Sciences may check out listed eligibility terms.
- Those having B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm/MCA or equivalent in relevant discipline with 60 percent marks in aggregate may apply for NIT Rourkela Admission.
- Contenders possessing M.Sc. in Basic Sciences with 60 percent marks in aggregate (or 6.5 CGPA) in relevant disciplines are also eligible.
- Individuals having M.B.B.S./B.V.Sc. degree with 60 percent marks in aggregate (or 6.5 CGPA) may also apply for NIT Rourkela Admission.
In addition to this, contenders having listed qualification can also apply for M.Tech.(R). in Management and Humanities & Social Sciences:
- Those who possess M.A/ MBA /M.Com /M. Sc. in Humanities and Social Sciences or Management with 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks in aggregate may apply.
- An aspirant whose results is awaiting is required to submit the final result within one year from the date of their admission.
Aspirants need to pay Rs 500/- as application fee. Contenders are not requisite to send hard copy of application form or any other document to NIT Rourkela.
Applicants are required to pay fees at the time of admission to PhD/M.Tech (Research) Programmes:
|Institute Fees||Amount to be paid at the time of admission|
|Admission fee (One time fee)||Rs. 1500|
|Tuition fee||Rs. 7500 (Nil for SC/ST students)|
|Other fees (Exam, Library, Electricity etc.)||Rs. 3000|
|Student activity fee||Rs. 2000|
|Hostel Seat rent||Rs. 2500|
|Medical fee||Rs. 1000|
|Caution Money (Refundable if programme is completed) (one time)||Rs. 5000|
|Mess Advance||Rs. 24500|
|Total (to be paid through demand draft in favour of|
Director, NIT, Rourkela payable at any bank in Rourkela))
|Rs. 47000 (Rs. 39500 in case of SC ST Students)|
Read Here: Do you need Money for College Fee?
Point to be noted:
- Above listed fee is only for the 1st semester.
- For remaining semesters the approximate fee will be Rs.40, 500/- per semester (Rs.33000 /- for SC/ST students) inclusive of Mess dues. Remember, Institute reserves the right to amend the fee structure from time to time based on rules of institution.
- Applicants need to pay fee through demand draft drawn in favour of “Director, NIT, Rourkela” & payable at any bank in Rourkela.
Selection criteria for NIT Rourkela Admission:
- After screening of application forms, shortlisted applicants will undergo Group Discussion and Personal Interview for final assortment for NIT Rourkela Admission.
- However, candidates invited for Interview are required to submit signed copy of the application form, a set of Xerox copies of all certificates and original sponsorship certificate (for sponsored aspirants only).
How to fill NIT Rourkela Application Form 2018?
Keen applicants may fill NIT Rourkela online Application Form by following listed ways.
- Log on to official website of NIT that is www.nitrkl.ac.in
- Go under “Announcement” tab accessible at left side of page.
- Select NIT Rourkela 2018 Notification link as per course for which you want to apply.
- After meeting eligibility terms, you may download NIT Rourkela 2018 Application Form.
- Aspirants are required to put all crucial details as per NIT Rourkela Registration 2018 process.
- Upload necessary documents along with form.
- Make payment of application fee.
- Carry printout of it and keep it safe for future need.
Read Here: How to Fill Online Application Form
NIT Rourkela Admission 2018 dates:
|NIT Rourkela Registration 2018 begins from||Last week of April 2018|
|Closing date for submission of NIT Rourkela 2018 application form||4th week of may 2018|
|Publication of NIT Rourkela Result 2018 of scrutiny in the website (announcement section)||1st week of June 2018|
|Interview||3rd week of June 2018|
|Publication of result of Interview||Last week of June 2018|
|Admission||2nd week of July 2018|
|Semester Registration||3rd week of July 2018|
|Starting of Class / Research work|
For knowing more detailed information about NIT Rourkela Admission 2018, you may refer its Official Link. Bookmark this page by pressing Ctrl+D for getting more updates concerning it.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Entrance Exam in India||Top Colleges in India|
|Education Loans for Students||UGC Approved University List|
|How To Get Admission In Med.College||How Do Toppers Study?|
|How to Start a Life In College?||How To Get Admission In Eng. Colleges|