Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD), sponsors the NMMS Scholarship 2019 to help students financially who belong to economically weaker section. National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme is for students of Class 9th to 12th. Students who wish to apply for the scholarship exam can check the eligibility and fill NMMS Application Form before last date.
National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship 2019: Highlights
|Name of Examination||National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship|
|Commonly Known As||NMMS|
|For Classes||9th to 12th|
|Conducting Body||Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)|
|Examination Level||National Level|
|Starting Date of Application||July/August 2019|
|Last date of Application||Last week of September 2019|
|NMMS Exam Date||November/ December 2019|
|NMMS 2018 Official Website||mhrd.gov.in/nmms|
NMMS Scholarship 2019
Number of Scholarships:
100,000 National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship will be given to the selected meritorious students of the country.
NMMS Scholarship Eligibility:
Students whose parental income from all sources is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- are eligible to avail the NMMS Scholarship against the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme.
The students studying in “Kendriya Vidalayas and “Jawahar Vavodaya Vidlayas” are not entitled to get National Merit Scholarship as mentioned in this scheme notification.
Eligibility criteria for renewal/continuation of NMMS scholarship
To renew the NMMS scholarship in Class 10 and 12, students should have passed class 9 or Class 11 in the first attempt with 55% of marks (relaxation of 5% for reserved category). To continue with the scholarship at higher secondary stage, students must score at least 60% marks in Class 10 examination
Must Know Here: How to Get Scholarship
Amount of NMMS Scholarship:
The amount of NMMS Scholarship 2019 is proposed to be Rs.6000/- per annum @ Rs. 500/- per month.
Selection of candidates for NMMS Scholarship:
The authorities will select candidates on the basis of National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Examination that are well mentioned below:
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
Mental Ability Test:
- This test may consist 90 multiple-choice questions testing verbal and non-verbal meta-cognitive abilities like reasoning and critical thinking.
- The questions in the test may be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figures etc. the test will be of 90 minutes duration
Scholastic Aptitude Test:
- This test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions covering subjects namely, science, social studies and mathematics as taught in classes VII and VIII.
- The test will be of 90 minutes duration
Each State/UT will conduct their own test for selection of students but it is mandatory for students to pass both the tests i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40% marks in each. For the reserved category, this cut off will be 32% marks.
Note: A student can avail only one Scholarship under any scheme. National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Result and National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Admit Card Updates will be intimated later by the organization.
How to apply for NMMS Scholarship?
- Candidates need to visit the official website of Ministry Of Electronics & Information Technology i.e. scholarships.gov.in
- After reaching the NMMS Scholarship Portal, candidates go through the “Central Scheme>>Department of School Education & Literacy” link.
- Afterwards, hit the “Guidelines” link and read all the details regarding the NMMS scholarship.
- After ensuring their eligibility criteria, you need to select “Apply” tab.
- Once you hit a new page will come out along with the NMMS Login Portal.
If you’re New Candidates:
- Hit the “New User?Register” tab from top menu bar.
- Fill NMMS Online Registration Form with all personal details.
- After that, login credential will be sent successfully to you.
If you’re Existing Candidates:
- After successful registration, hit “Login To Apply” tab.
- Fill up the NMMS Application formcarefully and complete all the details
- After completing the details hit on the final submission tab
- At last take a print out of it and keep it safe for further usage
Important Links Related To NMMS
|NMMS Model Question Paper||National Scholarship Portal|
|NMMS Scholarship 2019 Official Links|
|National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme Login||Check Here|
|Fresh Registration||Check Here|
|NMMS Scholarship Fresh Login||Check Here|
|Forgot Application ID||Check Here|
|Forgot Password||Check Here|
|NMMS Scholarship Exam Renewal Form||Check Here|
|Update Mobile Application ID||Check Here|
|National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Guidelines||Download Here|
|Official Website||Check Here|
NMMS Selection Process:
Aspirants need to clear the MAT & SAT Exam to avail the scholarship. Candidates who score more than the cut off marks will be awarded with the scholarship. Candidates have to score more than 40% marks in both MAT & SAT Exam (For reserved Category, cut off is 32%). Names of Candidates who qualified for this examination will be sent to MHRD for the award of Scholarship.
NMMS Scholarship 2019 Important Dates
|Availability of NMMS 2019 application form||July/August 2019|
|Last day to submit an application form||Last week of September 2019|
|NMMS admit card to be released on||Third week of October 2019|
|NMMS 2019 exam date||November/ December 2019|
|NMMS Answer key||January 2019|
|Result of NMMS 2019||February/ March 2019|
Aspirants Interested In NMMS Scholarship 2019 Or National Means Cum Merit Scholarship 2019 May Also Go Through This Official Link. Candidates Willing To Ask Any Question In This Regard May Mention Their Comments In Below Given Comment Box.
Something That You Should Put an Eye On
|Education Loan Documents Required||How To Get A College Scholarship|
|List Of Entrance Exam in India||Education Loans for Students|
|Latest Scholarship in India||How to Apply for Scholarship|