The National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) has been introduced for meritorious students of economically weaker sections to help them in completing their Class 9th top 12th. The NMMS Scholarship is just like a prize for those meritorious candidates to encourage them for not leaving their schooling at Class 8th and continue their education. Candidates facing the same situation may apply for the NMMS Scholarship 2018 by filling and submitting the application to the Department of School Education and Literacy.
For setting up the scholarship to States/UTs, 2/3rd weightage would be given to enrolment of students in classes VII and VIII and 1/3rd weightage would be given to population of children of comparative age set for class VII and VIII. 1.4 For setting up the 2/3rd weightage on the basis of conscription of students in classes VII and VIII. For setting up the 1/3rd weightage inhabitant statistics as per 2001 census may be relied upon. Further details about the NMMS Scholarship 2018 are given in below section of this page created by the team members of recruitmentresult.com
Number of Scholarships:
100,000 National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship will be given to the selected meritorious students of the country.
NMMS Scholarship Eligibility:
Students whose parental income from all sources is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- are eligible to avail the NMMS Scholarship against the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme.
The students studying in “Kendriya Vidalayas and “Jawahar Vavodaya Vidlayas” are not entitled to get scholarship under this scheme
Must Know Here: How to Get Scholarship
Amount of NMMS Scholarship:
The amount of NMMS Scholarship 2018 is proposed to be Rs.6000/- per annum @ Rs. 500/- per month.
Selection of candidates for NMMS Scholarship:
The authorities will select candidates on the basis of:
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
Check Out: Aptitude Questions & Answers
Mental Ability Test:
- This test may consist 90 multiple-choice questions testing verbal and non-verbal meta-cognitive abilities like reasoning and critical thinking.
- The questions in the test may be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figures etc. the test will be of 90 minutes duration
Scholastic Aptitude Test:
- This test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions covering subjects namely, science, social studies and mathematics as taught in classes VII and VIII.
- The test will be of 90 minutes duration
Each State/UT will conduct their own test for selection of students but it is mandatory for students to pass both the tests i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40% marks in each. For the reserved category, this cut off will be 32% marks.
Note: A student can avail only one Scholarship under any scheme.
How to apply for NMMS Scholarship?
- Candidates need to visit the official website i.e. mhrd.gov.in
- After reaching the homepage candidates need to hit on appropriate link regarding the NMMS Scholarship 2018
- Afterwards read all the details regarding the scholarship and then hit on the applying tab
- Once you hit a new page will come out along with the NMMS Application form
- Fill up the form carefully and complete all the details
- After completing the details hit on the final submission tab
- At last take a print out of it and keep it safe for further usage
|NMMS Application Starts||August 2018|
|NMMS Application Ends||August 2018|
|NMMS Exam 2017||November 2018|
Aspirants interested in NMMS Scholarship 2018 may also go through this Official Link. Candidates willing to ask any question in this regard may mention their comments in below given comment box.
Something That You Should Put an Eye On
|Scholarship Exams For Studying Abroad||How To Get A College Scholarship|
|How to Get a Free College Education||Education Loans for Students|
|Latest Scholarship in India||How to Apply for Scholarship|