Apply now for Prathibha Scholarship !! Those students who want to pursue higher studies (Degree/PG Course) in Basic or Natural Science in any of the institutions or Universities in India but are not able to continue because of financial issues, may apply for Prathibha Scholarship Scheme 2018.
The KSCSTE (Kerala State Council for Science, Technology & Environment), under its STARS (Students with Talent and Aptitude for Research in Science) programme is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the award of Prathibha Scholarship till 30-09-2018.
Kerala Government’s Prathibha Scholarship Program:
The Prathibha Scholarship scheme applied by the Women Scientist Division of KSCSTE aims to recognize and nurture students who have qualified Higher Secondary Board Examination meritoriously from Kerala to avail scholarship for pursuing B.Sc. / Integrated M.Sc. courses in Basic / Natural sciences anywhere in India.
The selection of candidates for the scholarship programme gets done on the basis of the marks scored in all science subjects in class 12 or equivalent. Candidates who are interested in KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Programme 2018 may avail rest of the details from the below section of this page created by the team members of recruitmentresult.com
The scholarship is divided into two segments, namely:
|Prathibha Scholarship- A|
It is awarded to meritorious students who have excelled in Class 12 Board examination and pursuing Degree Courses in Basic and Natural Sciences.
The scholarship is awarded for three year Degree programmes and first three years of Integrated M.Sc programmes
|Prathibha Scholarship –B|
It is awarded to students who have already availed Prathibha Scholarship –A for their Degree Courses and are pursuing a Post-graduate course in Basic Sciences.
The scholarship is awarded for M.Sc programmes and 4th & 5th year of Integrated M.Sc Programmes.
Eligibility required applying for Prathibha Scholarship:
- Applicant should be of Kerala Origin and should have passed Higher Secondary Board Examination from Kerala in any of the Boards of Examination ( viz., Kerala State Board, CBSE, ISCE).
- The applicants should have qualified Higher Secondary Board Examination with minimum average marks of 90% or equivalent grade for all subjects put together and minimum average marks of 90% or equivalent grade for all science subjects put together.
- For students belonging to the SC/ST reservation category, the minimum eligibility stipulated is 80% marks or equivalent grade for all subjects put together and 80% marks or equivalent grade for all science subjects put together in the Higher Secondary Board Examination.
- Applicant should have secured admission to 3 year B.Sc./ Integrated M.Sc. Degree Course in 2018-19 in any one of Major/Honours or their combination anywhere in India
Check Out: Scholarship for Higher Education
Subjects those are eligible for Prathibha Scholarship:
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Computer Science
- Food & Nutrition
- Ocean Sciences
- Plant Science
Know Here: How to Get a College Scholarship
Prathibha Scholarship Reward:
There are total 100 Scholarships that are to be distributed among the students, out of which:
- 10% Scholarships are reserved for SC/ST Students.
- 50% scholarships reserved for Girl Students
B.Sc. Degree Course/ First 3 years of Integrated M.Sc. course
(Duration: 3 years)
|1st Year||Rs. 12,000|
|2nd Year||Rs. 18,000|
|3rd Year||Rs. 24,000|
M.Sc. Degree Course/ 4th and 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. Degree Course
(Duration: 2 years)
|1st Year||Rs. 40,000|
|2nd Year||Rs. 60,000|
Pratibha Scholarship Renewal:
- Prathibha scholarship is initially released for 1st year of Under-graduate programme. The scholarship could be renewed for subsequent years subject to the condition that the student should score average minimum marks of 60% for the previous year (two semesters put together).
- The course of study should be continuous and no break is allowed in between. In the event of discontinuance of the course by the student, the matter should be informed to KSCSTE through a letter signed by the student and forwarded by the Head of the institution within 15 working days.
Selection Procedure for Pratibha Scholarship 2018:
- Total number of scholarships awarded in a year depends on the availability of funds under the allocation for Prathibha Scholarship in that year. Normally 100 scholarships are awarded in a year.
- 10% of the scholarships are reserved for SC/ST candidates.
- Preliminary selection and preparation of Provisional Rank list is made based on the details furnished as per the Data-sheet and copy of mark list received at our office.
- Applicants under each Subject group are ranked separately [for the total allocated scholarship of 100 nos] with a weightage of 30% for Mathematical Sciences, 40% for Physical Sciences and 30% for Life Sciences.
Check Here: Prathibha Scholarship Notification 2018
Check Here: Guidelines for KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship
How to fill Prathibha scholarship Application form 2018?
- Log on to the official website i.e. www.kscste.kerala.gov.in
- Go to the “What’s new” section and press the “Applications invited for Prathibha Scholarship 2018-19 (Last Date: 30 September 2018)” link over there.
- A new page will come out in front of you. Here you have to go through the complete details.
- After going through the Prathibha scholarship Notification, press “Hit Here To Register” Link.
- Now you will be on the new window.
Stage 1: Online Registration
- If you are new user then press “New Registration” tab. Candidates should Register Online before the stipulated date as per the notification issued by KSCSTE.
- Applicant should use a valid Mobile number and E-mail ID.
- The applicant should enter their HSE Roll Number to commence online registration.
- A recent passport size photograph image of dimension 150W ×200H pixels and signature image of dimension 150W×100H should be uploaded during registration.
- Each applicant will be allotted a specific Application Number, which should be noted for future Login.
- On successful registration, a Data-Sheet will be generated. Applicants should get this Datasheet endorsed by the Head of the Institution where they are admitted for Degree Course.
- The Computer generated data-sheet with necessary endorsements, along with the attested copy of Mark list of Higher Secondary Board Examination, should be send to KSCSTE so as to reach us on or before the last date as per the notification.
Stage 2: After publication of Provisional Rank List
- The students selected in the Provisional Rank List and who would like to avail the Prathibha Scholarship should submit the following documents for confirmation of scholarship.
- Only those who submit the above documents within the stipulated time will be considered for final ranking.
- The envelope containing the Data-sheet and copy of mark list should be super-scribed “APPLICATION FOR PRATHIBHA SCHOLARSHIP 2018-19, KSCSTE”
- The Data-sheet , along with copy of HSE Mark list should be send to the below mentioned address.
Already Registered Candidates: Press Here for Prathibha Scholarship Scheme
Documents to be sent along with the scholarship form are:
- Community certificate for SC/ST applicants
- Certificate in proof of ‘place of origin’ [Applicant should be of Kerala origin]
- Status Verification Certificate -in prescribed format
- Duly filled the application in the prescribed format
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology & Environment
SasthraBhavan, Pattom P.O
Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
Check Out: Latest Scholarship in India
Last Date To Apply for KSCSTE Pratibha Scholarship: 30-09-2018
To avail more details about the KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Programme 2018 candidates may also go through this Official Link
Something That You Should Put an Eye On
|Scholarship Benefits||How to Apply For Scholarship|
|Scholarship Exams For Studying Abroad||Do you need Money for College Fee?|
|How to Get a Free College Education||How to Get Scholarship|
|Start a New Life In College?||How Do Toppers Study?|