Ministry of Minority Affairs has commenced Pre-Matric Scholarship Schemes for Minorities & Disabilities communities. Meritorious students from minority & Disabilities category may apply for this scheme. The scholarship at pre-matric level will relieve financial burden on school education. Applicants from minority communities (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains, and Zoroastrians) may apply for Pre-Matric Scholarship 2018 Schemes after reading all details like eligibility, applying process, selection criteria etc.
Key contents of page:
The scholarship will be provided for studies in India in a government or private school from class I to class X. Last date to apply for Scholarship lasts till Last Week of October 2018. Meritorious Students who want to grab this opportunity may apply for Scholarship Scheme by ensuring eligibility required, applying procedure. Go through this page created by team of recruitmentresult.com to know more about Pre-Matric Scholarship 2018.
Objective of Pre-Matric Scholarship Schemes:
Scholarship Schemes persuade parents from economically backward, disabilities and minority communities to persist their child’s education by sending them to school. In this way, financial aid is offered to students & financial burden on school education is lightened.
Check Here: Scholarship in India
For Students Belonging To The Minority Communities:
- Candidates who secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination are eligible to get scholarship
- Parents / guardian‘s income must be less than or equal to Rs. 01 Lakhs
- Aadahr Card number is required to apply online
- Candidate must be of Minority communities such as Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains & Zoroastrians
For Students with disabilities:
- Scholarship is applicable for nationals of India only.
- Those having less than 40% disability (Certified by competent medical authority of the state Governments/UTs.) are not eligible for Scholarship.
- Candidates having only two disabled children of the same parents for receiving benefits of this scheme.
- Parents / guardian‘s income must not exceed Rs.2 lakhs.
- Scholarship for studying in any class is provided for only one year.
- Scholarship holder under this scheme must not apply for other scholarship/stipend from the Government of India.
- Those receiving coaching in any of the pre-examination training centers with financial assistance from the Central Government/ State Government may not apply for Pre-Matric Scholarship 2018.
Reservation for girls:
To encourage girl’s education, the government has reserved 30% seats of scholarship for girl students. If number of girls eligible for scholarship is not available, then the balance earmarked scholarships may be awarded to boys.
Students with disabilities:
Number of pre-matric scholarship to be sanctioned every year is Rs.46,000/- The number of slots of scholarship will be distributed among all states & union territories of India.
Want to Know? How to Get Scholarship
Rate of scholarship:
For Minority Communities:
Actual financial assistance is offered for admission/tuition fee and maintenance allowance as listed here in tabular form.
|Admission fee from class VI to X||Rs.500/- per annum subject to actual||Rs.500/- per annum subject to actual|
|Tuition fee from class VI to X||Rs.350/- per month subject to actual||Rs.350/- per month subject to actual.|
|Maintenance allowance is payable for a period not exceeding 10 months in an academic year.|
|(i) Class I to V||Nil||Rs. 100/- per month|
|(ii) Class VI to X||Rs. 600/- per month subject to actual.||Rs. 100/- per month|
Point to be noted:
Hostellers include students who are staying in hostel of the school/institute concerned or those provided by the State Government/Union Territory Administration.
For Students with disabilities:
Value of Scholarship includes following components.
Rates of Scholarship & Grants:
|Rates of Scholarship(in Rs. Per month) payable for 10 months in an academic year||350||600|
|Book & adhoc grant||1000||1000|
Conditions for Scholarship:
- Students from economically backward groups and minority community studying in Classes I to X are eligible to get scholarship
- Continuance of Scholarship is based on securing 50% marks in the previous examination.
- Scholarship is not granted to more than two students from a family.
- Students should be regular in attendance to apply for Pre-Matric Scholarship.
- Income Certificate; Income certificate from the employer for employed parents/guardian or Certificate to be issued by the Competent Authority declared by the State Government/ UT Administration
- The school/institute will certify the claim of student of being an outstation student not residing in hostel of the school.
- If condition arises, student violates school discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, then scholarship may be suspended.
- Student pertaining benefits under this scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other scheme.
Number of scholarships for a year is fixed and limited, so Inter-se selection weightage is to be given to poverty rather than marks.
Duration of Scholarship for Minority Communities:
Scholarships will be provided for the entire course. Maintenance allowance will be provided for 10 months only in an academic year.
Get Here: Scholarship Benefits
Renewal Of Scholarship:
The scholarship, once awarded, may be renewed during next academic year of the course on producing certificate that student has obtained 50% marks.
Pre-Matric Scholarship 2018 Applying Process:
- At first step, visit official website of the organization that is scholarships.gov.in
- Go under “M/O Minority Affairs” section displayed at mid of page.
- Hit on “Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities” & “Pre-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities” link.
- Read out detailed Pre-Matric Scholarship 2018 Notification.
- If you find eligible, download Pre-Matric Application form 2018.
- Fetch required details in form.
- Upload scanned copy of relevant documents as need arises.
- Access preview of your application form and hit your Scholarship 2018 form.
- Carry print out of same for future need.
Want to Know? How to Apply Scholarship
- Student Photo. (Mandatory)
- Institution Verification Form. (Mandatory)
- Income Certificate: Income Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the State/UT Government is required (Mandatory).
- Declaration of the Student. (Mandatory)
- Religion Certificate: Self Declaration/Certification or Self Attested Community Certificate – (Mandatory).
Last date to apply for Pre-Matric Scholarship: Last Week of October 2018
Aspirants may follow its Official Link to get more updates about Pre-Matric Scholarship 2018. Bookmark our web page by tapping Ctrl+D key to get more updates about it.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Scholarship Exams For Higher Studies||How To Prepare For Scholarship|
|Counselling Schedule||How to Start a New Life In College?|
|Top Universities in India||Best Career Opportunities|
|Education Loans for Students||Do you need Money for College Fee?|