Railway Current Affairs
Railway has contributed significant role in development of nation. Railway Current Affairs will guide you in increasing your knowledge. Check Latest Railway Current Affairs as well as Indian Railway Latest News from this page. These updated Indian Railway Current Affairs will guide in preparing for competitive examinations. Piyush Goyal is new railway minister & there are various new changes implemented by him in railway sector. Contenders may avail latest Railway Current Affairs 2017, Indian Railway updates in order to raise their awareness.
This Page Includes:
Railway Recruitment Boards organizes various recruitment exams for appointing eligible aspirants for job positions. Indian Railways is supporting economy by offering job opportunities. These latest Railway Current Affairs as well as Latest News of railways will boost your knowledge. Fetch all details about Railway Current Affairs 2018 from below of page created by team of recruitmentresult.com
Railway Current Affairs
Indian Railway Current Affairs:
- Indian Railways is going to initiate 100 additional local train services on its Mumbai suburban.
- Piyush Goyal is new railway minister
- 32 new services will be initiated in Western Railway.
- Union Government has appointed Ashwani Lohani as the new Chairman of the Railway Board.
- Indian Railways planning to set up hydrogen fuel cell and battery powered 300kW broad-gauge locomotive, and Diesel Locomotive Works.
- As per Indian Railway Latest News, 21-tonne axleload locomotive will be introduced.
- Semens has launched “strategic equity investment” to boosu this sector of economy.
- Indian Railways and Coal India are witnessing high demand for fuel from the power sector.
- As per latest Indian Railway News, Chinese Designers are investigating a revolutionary system.
- 10 Prima M4 electric passenger locomotives for national railway ADY was unveiled at Alstom’s Belfort factory.
- Railway has decided rebuilding for 275 railway bridges across the country.
- Railway Board had sought details of bridges as per latest news.
- Central Railways has 61 bridges, East Central Railways 63, South Central Railways 41 and Western Railways 42 bridges need to be rebuild.
- Habibganj Railway Station to become India’s first private railway station
Check Now: Upcoming Railway Jobs
Railway Latest News
- Union Cabinet appointed Piyush Goyal as the new railway minister.
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal planned to set up locomotive factory at Bihar’s Marhowrah district.
- Strategies introduced to opt various options with GE, including exporting diesel locomotives from Marhowrah.
- Railway offices and trains now smell like pine and lemongrass as Minister Piyush Goyal’s objection to the “unpleasant peculiar smell”.
- Railway ministry introduces ‘No Gifts, Give Up Travel Privileges.
- Railway ministry has put an end a 36-year-old protocol where it was mandatory for general managers to be present on arrival and departure of the Railway Board chairman.
- Train Ticket Cancellation, Refund Rules have been introduced.
- As per Indian Railway Latest Current Affairs, big step to finish VIP culture is taken up.
- China urges India to abide by ‘historic boundary treaty as per latest Railway Current Affairs
- Indian Railways ended to VIP culture with new norms
- Doomsday to begin on October 15, claim theorists
- Cancellation of Tatkal Ticket, new rules introduced as per Railway Current Affairs
- Working on various areas across the railway ecosystem, there is a planning to introduce new opportunities for employment in railway.
Check Out:-Latest Current Affairs Updates
Railway Recruitment Posts offered :
- Gazetted: Group ‘A’ and ‘B’)
- Non-Gazetted: Group ‘C’ and ‘D’)
Group ‘A’ Posts: Group A posts is carried out by UPSC – appointed through Civil Service Exam, Engineering Service Exam, and Combined Medical Service Examination.
Group ‘B’ Posts: These posts are not open to directly. The Group B posts link Section Officers Grade – upgraded posts from Group ‘C’ railway employees on deputation basis.
Group ‘C’ Posts: Technical and Non-Technical cadre posts like Clerk, Station Masterm Ticket Collector, Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice, Engineering posts (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Signal & Telecommunication) etc.
Group ‘D’ Posts: These posts in various disciplines include Trackman, Helper, Assistant Points Man, Safaiwala, Ganman, Peon etc.
Book of Indian Railways Current Affairs 2017
|Name of books||Author Name|
|Upkar Railway Recruitment Board Examination||Khanna &V erma|
|Traffic Apprentice Editorial board||Pratiyogita Darpan|
|Quicker Reasoning Test||Upkar publication|
|English Grammar||Wren & martin|
|Railway Recruitment Board Exam||Upkar Publication|
|Special class Railway Apprentice||Upkar publication|
|Verbal & non verbal Book||R.s Aggarwal|
|Railway Recruitment Board Examination Technical cadre Books||Upkar Publication|
Give Now: Online Test For Railway
Current Affairs Questions and Answers (Railways)
Railway Questions And Answers:
Q.1: North-Eastern frontier Railway (NEFR) established in which year ?
- 15th Jan, 1958
- 13th June, 1956
- 22nd Jan, 1959
- 14th August, 1962
Q.2: Headquarters of North -Eastern Frontier Railway (NEFR) is located at
- Maligaon (Guwahati)
Q.3: In which of the following cities, the first sub-way train was started?
Q.4: General Manger is responsible for which department?
- Railway Board
- Railway Ministry
- Both railway Board and Railway Ministry
- None of these
Get Detailed: Railway Exam Syllabus
Q.5: The headquarters of South-Central Railways is situated at
- Mumbai (V.T)
- Mumbai (Central)
Q.6: The headquarters of Northern Railway is at
- New Delhi
- Mumbai (V.T)
Q.7: The headquarters of South Railways is situated at
Q.8: Which Railway Station to become India’s first private railway station?
- Habibganj Railway Station
- Srinagar Railway Station
- Dharamsala Railway Station
- Varanasi Railway Station
Check Here: Railway Eligibility Criteria
Q.9: In which state government to implement India’s first Rural LED street lighting project?
- Andhra Pradesh
Q.10: Recently who has inaugurated a two-day national level conference on disaster management?
- M. Venkaiah Naidu
- Narendra Singh Tomar
- Raj Nath Singh
- Thawar Chand Gehlot
Q.11: Narendra Modi government is planning to replace UGC and AICTE with
Q.12: On which day United Nation observes 2017 Russian Language Day?
- 8 June
- 7 June
- 6 June
- 5 June
Q.13: First underground railway (Metro Railway) started in which year?
Check Also: Railway Exam Coaching Institutes
Q.14: Shatabdi Express train introduced in which year?
Q.15: At which of the following place Diesel Component Works is established?
Q.16: Which Zone is the largest in Indian Railways?
- Central Railway
- Northern Railway
- Eastern Railway
- Western Railway
Q.17: The railway station situated in the extreme south is
Know More About: Career in Indian Railway
Q.18: A platform surrounded by rail lines from all the four sides, is called
- Dock platform
- Passenger platform
- Island platform
- Goods platform
Q.19: Indian Railways Nationalised in which year ?
Q.20: In which year Research, Design and Standard organization was established?
Read Here: Railway Interview Tips By Toppers
Q.21: Railway Staff College is situated at which city?
Q.22: Where are the Research, Design and Standard Organisation situated?
Q23: In which institution the training of electric work is being given?
- Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Indian Railways Institute of Electrical Engineering
- Railway Staff College
- Indian Railways Institute of Civil Engineering
Q.24: Who invented the railway engine?
- Isaac Newton
- James Watt
- George Stephenson
Q.25: Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Insttitue situated?
Check Now: List of RRB
Railway Recruitment Boards are situated in cities as mentioned underneath.
They are highly responsible for issuing various Railway notifications regarding railway recruitments in various departments and for various profiles as under-
|S. No.||Railway Zones in India||Official website URL|
|2.||West Central Railway||wcr.indianrailways|
|4.||South Western Railway||swr.indianrailways.gov.in|
|5.||South Eastern Railway||ser.indianrailways.gov.in|
|6.||South East Central Railway||secr.indianrailways.gov.in|
|7.||South Central Railway||scr.indianrailways.gov.in|
|9.||Northeast Frontier Railway||nfr.indianrailways.gov.in|
|10.||North Western Railway||nwr.indianrailways.gov.in|
|11.||North Eastern Railway||ner.indianrailways.gov.in|
|12.||North Central Railway||ncr.indianrailways.gov.in|
|15.||East Coast Railway||eastcoastrail.indianrailways.gov.in|
|16.||East Central Railway||ecr.indianrailways.gov.in|
Hope, you get all details about Railway Current Affairs 2017–2018. Bookmark this page by pressing Ctrl+D for getting more updates concerning it.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|National Current Affairs||Sports Current Affairs|
|Person in News Current Affairs||International Current Affairs|
|New Appointments In India||Committees & Schemes|
|Current Indian books and Authors||Date Wise Current Affairs|