Railway Current Affairs 2015
Indian Railways is the world’s largest rail network which coves almost all parts of the India. Railway Current Affairs 2015 consist of all kind of jobs and recruitment updates. RRB/ RRC both are lifting the responsibilities to issue Indian Railways Latest News & Updates which is made available both online and offline.
The upcoming year 2015 will definitely bring large vacancies of Railway Jobs 2015. The India Railways has various Railway Recruitment Boards located in different regions of the country for conducting recruitment exams for various railway boards.
This Page Includes
- Railway Recruitment Posts offered
- Book of Indian Railways Current Affairs 2015
- Railway Current Affairs 2015 Questions and Answers
- Indian Railway Zones
Railway Recruitment Posts offered to candidates
- Gazetted: Group ‘A’ and ‘B’)
- Non-Gazetted: Group ‘C’ and ‘D’)
Group ‘A’ Posts: Group A posts is carried out by UPSC – appointed through Civil Service Exam, Engineering Service Exam, and Combined Medical Service Examination.
Group ‘B’ Posts: These posts are not open to directly. The Group B posts link Section Officers Grade – upgraded posts from Group ‘C’ railway employees on deputation basis.
Group ‘C’ Posts: Technical and Non-Technical cadre posts like Clerk, Station Masterm Ticket Collector, Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice, Engineering posts (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Signal & Telecommunication) etc.
Group ‘D’ Posts: These posts in various disciplines include Trackman, Helper, Assistant Points Man, Safaiwala, Ganman, Peon etc.
Book of Indian Railways Current Affairs 2015
|Name of books||Author Name|
|Upkar Railway Recruitment Board Examination||Khanna &V erma|
|Traffic Apprentice Editorial board||Pratiyogita Darpan|
|Quicker reasoning test||Upkar publication|
|English Grammar||Wren & martin|
|Railway Recruitment Board Exam||Upkar Publication|
|Special class Railway Apprentice||Upkar publication|
|Verbal & non verbal Book||R.s Aggarwal|
|Railway Recruitment Board Examination Technical cadre Books||Upkar Publication|
Railway Current Affairs 2015 Questions and Answers
1. Where is Railway Staff College situated?
2. What is the width of Broad gauge rail ?
3. Which is the First Electric Train in India ?
Answer: Deccan Queen (Kalyan – Pune)
4. When did Life Line Express (Jeevan Rekha) Started?
Answer: In 1991
5.Which year is declared as “Year of Rail Users” by the Indian Railways?
6. Which is the Longest Railway Tunnel?
Answer: Pir Panjal Railway Tunnel (Banihal railway tunnel)
7. Which is the Longest Railway platform in the World?
Answer: Gorakhpur station platform (UP)
8. Which is the train running between India and Bangladesh?
Answer: Maitree Express
9. Which are the states have no Railway?
Answer: Meghalaya and Sikkim (building new railway lines)
10. Which is the World’s oldest working steam locomotive engine (train)?
Answer: Fairy Queen runs in India
11. What is the width of Narrow gauge rail?
12. Where is the Headquarters of Konkan railway?
13. Which is the fastest train in India?
Answer: Shatabdi Express
14. In which year Indian Railway board established?
15. Which is the first Railway station in India?
Answer: Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (Victoria terminal)
16. Who is the first Indian to present Railway Budget?
Answer: John Mathai
17. Who is the first railway minister in India?
Answer: John Matthai
18. Who is the first lady Railway minister of India?
Answer: Mamta Benergy
19. Which is the highest railway station in India?
Answer: Ghum railway station
20. Which is the longest Railway Bridge in India?
Answer: Vallarpadam Bridge (Kerala)
21. What is the slogan of Indian Railway?
Answer: lifeline of the nation
22. Where is the Museum of Indian Railway situated?
Answer: Chanakyapuri (New Delhi)
Railway Recruitment Boards are present in various parts of the country in cities including following venues:
These boards are responsible for issuing various Railway notifications regarding railway recruitments in various departments and for various profiles.
Indian Railway Zones
The following are the 17 railway zones which have its own authorized websites. They issue recruitment notification time to time on its authoritative website and newspapers.
|S. No.||Railway Zones in India|
|2.||West Central Railway|
|4.||South Western Railway|
|5.||South Eastern Railway|
|6.||South East Central Railway|
|7.||South Central Railway|
|9.||Northeast Frontier Railway|
|10.||North Western Railway|
|11.||North Eastern Railway|
|12.||North Central Railway|
|15.||East Coast Railway|
|16.||East Central Railway|
Note: Dear job hunters if want to get more Railway Current Affairs 2015, then keep connecting with us through recruitmentresult.com. We daily issue Latest News & Updates not only for Indian Railways as well as for other organizations too.
Topic Wise Current Affairs