Railway Current Affairs
Indian Railway is one of the critical departments of economy which contributes to GDP of nation. Check Latest Railway Current Affairs to prepare for competitive examinations. Within single second, something whether related to railway policies or development is introduced by Suresh Prabhu. Various efforts are made to radically transform railways – right from your travel experience to the financial health of India’s lifeline. In order to reduce travel time and bestow comfortable traveling experience, various steps have been taken in railway department. Now, go through Railway Latest News, Latest Current Affairs, questions and answers which will guide you in preparing for competitive exams. Acquire all information concerning Railway Current Affairs 2017 from below of this page.
This Page Includes:
In addition to raising your knowledge, it will help you to score good marks in Railway Exams. Indian Railways has various Railway Recruitment Boards located in different regions of the country for conducting recruitment exams for various railway boards. Collect all information concerning Railway Current Affairs 2017, Indian Railways Latest News, and Railways Updates by going through this page well prepared by team members of recruitmentresult.com
Railway Current Affairs
Railway Current Affairs Highlights:
- Railways to Induct 40000 Refurbished Coaches for Rs 8000 Cr:
In order to provide world-class comfort to passengers, it is making an investment of Rs 8,000 Cr under it.
- Railway Minister inaugurated the first HR Roundtable Indian Railways:
Largest institution providing jobs in Indian Railways country now employs more than 13 million employees under it.
- Habibganj railway station turn out to be the first private railway station in India:
As per latest reports, Indian Railways signed an agreement under the Public Private Partnership (PPP) with Bansal Group.
- Habibganj Railway Station to become India’s first private railway station:
The main motto is to develop Habibganj Railway Station as a as a world-class transit hub equipped.
- Indian Railways launched free Wi-Fi at 28 stations:
Ministry of Railways will help to achieve the necessary information to people.
- Railway Minister inducts free Wi-Fi facility at 28 Railway Stations:
Railway Minister inaugurated free wi-fi facility at 28 railway stations on the Konkan Railway.
- Indian Railways to install CCTV cameras at over 900 stations under Nirbhaya fund:
Indian Railways have about 8000 stations, out of which only 344 stations were provided with CCTV cameras.
- Indian Railways will put in CCTV cameras at more than 900 railway stations under Nirbhaya Fund:
As per information arrived, 8,000 stations near the railway, of which 344 stations currently have already figured CCTV camera under it.
- Buy advanced equipment to run trains without IR Guard:
Indian Railway equipment purchase called End of train telemetry (Iotiti) operations 1,000 trains as per latest reports.
- Union Cabinet endorsed cooperation between Indian and Japan on Railway Safety:
MoC also provide a platform for Indian Railways to interact and share the latest development under it.
- Double-decker AC trains will be on high-density routes:
It is going to benefit all sections of society. It will also relieve congestion on routes with high demand for public transporters.
- Double-decker AC trains to be start on on high-density routes:
Indian Railways is going to launch a double-decker train on high demand routes as per information arrived.
Check Now: Upcoming Railway Jobs
Railway Latest News
Railway News & Updates:
- Barmer-Munawab, Pipad Road-Bilara rail routes declared as Green Corridors
- First fully India-made train Medha flagged off at Dadar station
- Indian Railways unveils Antyodaya Express
- Government unveils first phase of Station Redevelopment Programme
- Finance Ministry to aid Rashtriya Rail Sanraksha Kosh for rail safety
- Railway Current Affairs:Indian Railways, SBI tie-up to install 10000 POS machines at various locations
- Union Government inks loan pact with World Bank for Eastern Freight Corridor
- Railway Current Affairs:Railway ministry inks MoU for Smart Railway Stations
- Okha-Kanalus, Porbandar-Wansjaliya sections of Gujarat become Green Train Corridors
- Third Gender to be included in Rail reservation forms
- Mumbai’s Western Railways wins Surjit Trophy
- Bindeshwar Pathak appointed as brand ambassador of Swachh Rail Mission
- Railway Current Affairs: India, World Bank sign $650 Million agreement for Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor
- Indian Railways wins World Railway Shooting Championship Cup
- Indian Railways launches Yatri Mitra Sewa for elderly, differently-abled
- Lifeline Express: World’s first hospital on a train completes 25 years of service
- Railway Current Affairs:Union Railway Ministry launches Nivaran portal, an online grievance redressal system
- Indian Railways launches Janani Sewa, optional catering Scheme on pilot basis.
- Railway Ministry launches maiden Agartala to Delhi broad gauge train service
- Railway Current Affairs: India’s first Green Rail Corridor launched in Tamil Nadu
- Indian Railways to install TRI-NETRA to reduce train accidents
- Railway Ministry launches project to install Solar Panels in all Railway Buildings
- Lifeline Express: World’s first hospital on a train completes 25 years of services.
Check Out:-Latest Current Affairs Updates
Railway Recruitment Posts offered :
- Gazetted: Group ‘A’ and ‘B’)
- Non-Gazetted: Group ‘C’ and ‘D’)
Group ‘A’ Posts: Group A posts is carried out by UPSC – appointed through Civil Service Exam, Engineering Service Exam, and Combined Medical Service Examination.
Group ‘B’ Posts: These posts are not open to directly. The Group B posts link Section Officers Grade – upgraded posts from Group ‘C’ railway employees on deputation basis.
Group ‘C’ Posts: Technical and Non-Technical cadre posts like Clerk, Station Masterm Ticket Collector, Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice, Engineering posts (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Signal & Telecommunication) etc.
Group ‘D’ Posts: These posts in various disciplines include Trackman, Helper, Assistant Points Man, Safaiwala, Ganman, Peon etc.
Book of Indian Railways Current Affairs 2017
|Name of books||Author Name|
|Upkar Railway Recruitment Board Examination||Khanna &V erma|
|Traffic Apprentice Editorial board||Pratiyogita Darpan|
|Quicker Reasoning Test||Upkar publication|
|English Grammar||Wren & martin|
|Railway Recruitment Board Exam||Upkar Publication|
|Special class Railway Apprentice||Upkar publication|
|Verbal & non verbal Book||R.s Aggarwal|
|Railway Recruitment Board Examination Technical cadre Books||Upkar Publication|
Give Now: Online Test For Railway
Current Affairs Questions and Answers (Railways)
Railway Questions And Answers:
Q.1: North-Eastern frontier Railway (NEFR) established in which year ?
- 15th Jan, 1958
- 13th June, 1956
- 22nd Jan, 1959
- 14th August, 1962
Q.2: Headquarters of North -Eastern Frontier Railway (NEFR) is located at
- Maligaon (Guwahati)
Q.3: In which of the following cities, the first sub-way train was started?
Q.4: General Manger is responsible for which department?
- Railway Board
- Railway Ministry
- Both railway Board and Railway Ministry
- None of these
Get Detailed: Railway Exam Syllabus
Q.5: The headquarters of South-Central Railways is situated at
- Mumbai (V.T)
- Mumbai (Central)
Q.6: The headquarters of Northern Railway is at
- New Delhi
- Mumbai (V.T)
Q.7: The headquarters of South Railways is situated at
Q.8: Which Railway Station to become India’s first private railway station?
- Habibganj Railway Station
- Srinagar Railway Station
- Dharamsala Railway Station
- Varanasi Railway Station
Check Here: Railway Eligibility Criteria
Q.9: In which state government to implement India’s first Rural LED street lighting project?
- Andhra Pradesh
Q.10: Recently who has inaugurated a two-day national level conference on disaster management?
- M. Venkaiah Naidu
- Narendra Singh Tomar
- Raj Nath Singh
- Thawar Chand Gehlot
Q.11: Narendra Modi government is planning to replace UGC and AICTE with
Q.12: On which day United Nation observes 2017 Russian Language Day?
- 8 June
- 7 June
- 6 June
- 5 June
Q.13: First underground railway (Metro Railway) started in which year?
Check Also: Railway Exam Coaching Institutes
Q.14: Shatabdi Express train introduced in which year?
Q.15: At which of the following place Diesel Component Works is established?
Q.16: Which Zone is the largest in Indian Railways?
- Central Railway
- Northern Railway
- Eastern Railway
- Western Railway
Q.17: The railway station situated in the extreme south is
Know More About: Career in Indian Railway
Q.18: A platform surrounded by rail lines from all the four sides, is called
- Dock platform
- Passenger platform
- Island platform
- Goods platform
Q.19: Indian Railways Nationalised in which year ?
Q.20: In which year Research, Design and Standard organization was established?
Read Here: Railway Interview Tips By Toppers
Q.21: Railway Staff College is situated at which city?
Q.22: Where are the Research, Design and Standard Organisation situated?
Q23: In which institution the training of electric work is being given?
- Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Indian Railways Institute of Electrical Engineering
- Railway Staff College
- Indian Railways Institute of Civil Engineering
Q.24: Who invented the railway engine?
- Isaac Newton
- James Watt
- George Stephenson
Q.25: Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Insttitue situated?
Check Now: List of RRB
Railway Recruitment Boards are situated in cities as mentioned underneath.
They are highly responsible for issuing various Railway notifications regarding railway recruitments in various departments and for various profiles as under-
|S. No.||Railway Zones in India||Official website URL|
|2.||West Central Railway||wcr.indianrailways|
|4.||South Western Railway||swr.indianrailways.gov.in|
|5.||South Eastern Railway||ser.indianrailways.gov.in|
|6.||South East Central Railway||secr.indianrailways.gov.in|
|7.||South Central Railway||scr.indianrailways.gov.in|
|9.||Northeast Frontier Railway||nfr.indianrailways.gov.in|
|10.||North Western Railway||nwr.indianrailways.gov.in|
|11.||North Eastern Railway||ner.indianrailways.gov.in|
|12.||North Central Railway||ncr.indianrailways.gov.in|
|15.||East Coast Railway||eastcoastrail.indianrailways.gov.in|
|16.||East Central Railway||ecr.indianrailways.gov.in|
All above information about Railway Current Affairs 2017 is going to benefit you. It will boost up your knowledge and guide you in preparing for competitive exams too. Keep visiting our portal to know more about Railway Current Affairs.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|National Current Affairs||Sports Current Affairs|
|Person in News Current Affairs||International Current Affairs|
|New Appointments In India||Committees & Schemes|
|Current Indian books and Authors||Date Wise Current Affairs|