Railway Medical Standards
If you are going to apply for any Indian Railway Jobs then must check Railway Medical Standards as applicable for different category of posts. Railway Recruitment Board conducts various stages of selection process to enroll best candidates for the vacancies of Non-Technical (Graduate) Popular Categories (NTPC) /ASM/Guard/Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) and others. Applicants are also informed that Eye Vision Standard is one of the most important criteria of medical fitness test. Medical examination is the last examination a candidate has to go through before being made fit for the job. Thus, on this page we are going to discuss all aspects of RRB Medical Standards.
Focal Points of This Page:
Job seekers who want to apply for RRB NTPC Jobs and other Indian Railway Jobs they must know Railway Eye Vision Standards. From this web page of recruitmentresult.com, we are providing complete details concerning Railway Medical Standards. So, scroll this page and start your preparation accordingly.
Railway Medical Standards
Standards of Railway Medical Examination
After qualifying of selection process stages such as Computer Based Exam, Written Exam, Typing Skill Test/Aptitude Test, Document Verification, and shortlisted candidates called for RRB Medical Exam. Aspirants recommended for medical examination will have to pass medical fitness test(s) conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board to ensure that the candidates are medically fit in all respects to carry out the duties connected with the post. The medical standards for different categories are furnished below:
A-2: Eye-Vision standard
Applicants should be physically fit in all respects. Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision must be present.
|Visual Standards||Distance Vision-6/9, 6/9 without glasses/ contact lens.|
|Near Vision||Sn-0.6, 0.6 without glasses/ contact lens.|
Check Complete Detailed: Railway Selection Procedure
Posts come under A-2 Category:
- Traffic Apprentice (TA).
- Assistant Station Master (ASM).
- Goods Guard.
C-1: Eye-Vision standard
Physically fit in all respects.
|Visual Standards||Distance Vision-6/12, 6/18 with or without glasses.|
|Near Vision||Sn-0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required.|
Posts come under C-1 Category:
- Accounts Assistant cum Typist (JAA)
- Clerk cum Typist
- Enquiry cum Reservation clerk (ECRC)
- Traffic Assistant
- Time Keeper
Know More About: RRB NTPC Job Profile
What is 6/6, 6/9, 6/12, 6/18 Eye Vision?
6/6, 6/9, 6/12, 6/18 Eye vision are Visual Acuity Standard measures. This test will be done through Snellen’s chart. In this chart, the group alphabets are printed in different font sizes. The person has to read the letters by standing from a particular distance. Check out the picture given below for details.
Whenever, aspirants will call for eyes test they have to read the letters in each row from a distance of 6 metres.
- If you score 6 / 6, it means you are able to see things located 6 metres away. This is considered to be the normal condition.
- 6 / 9 denote that you are seeing objects from 6 mtrs, which are normally seen by a person who is at 9 mtrs. It implies that your vision is slightly below the normal condition.
- 6 / 12 & 6 / 18 – It means you can read letters at 6 mtrs, what a normal person can read at 12 mtrs & 18 mtrs. This is also not a normal condition.
Check Here: RRB NTPC Selection FAQ
Official Rules Related To Medical Standards And Examination:
Aspirants who want to apply for the posts of ASM/ALP/Motorman they have to enclose a medical certificate from a Registered Eye Specialist as per prescribed format. Medical Certificate other than the format prescribed will not be accepted and the application may be summarily rejected.
Check Details On: RRB NTPC Post Preference
General Rules for RRB Medical Test Selection:
- Before submission of online application form for any Railway Vacancy, applicants are required to ensure the all aspects of Railway Medical Standards.
- If you will qualify the all stages of selection process but fail to clear the medical examination then you will not, under any circumstances, be considered for any alternative appointment.
- Candidates who do not fill the prescribed medical standards need not apply
- The above medical standards (Criteria) are indicative and not exhaustive and apply to candidates in general.
- Different Railway Medical Standards apply for Ex-serviceman.
We are provided complete details regarding Railway Medical Standards on this web page of recruitmentresult.com. So, you can start your preparation accordingly to grab Indian Railway Vacancies. If you want to collect more updates about Indian Railway Medical Standards then you can bookmark this web portal by pressing ctrl+d.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Upcoming Railway Jobs||RRB Employment News|
|RRB NTPC Selection Procedure||Career In Railway Sector|
|RRB Exam||Railway Current Affairs|
|Indian Railway Eligibility Criteria||RRB NTPC vs IBPS PO|