SAARC Full Form
The Full form of SAARC is South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation. The establishment of SAARC was done to promote cultural and economic growth to the people living in South Asia. 8 member states comprises in it whose details are given in the below section of this page along with the information related to its headquarters, SAARC Full Form and other necessary details.
SAARC Full Form
सार्क का पूरा नाम एवं उससे जुडी ज़रूरी जानकारियाँ हम इस पेज के माध्यम से बताने जा रहे है| सार्क सात देशो का एक संगठन है जिसका निर्माण आठ दिसंबर १९८५ को हुआ था| सार्क से जुड़े राष्ट्राध्यक्ष हर साल बैठक करते हैं और देश के विकास को लेकर महत्वपूर्ण निर्णय करते है| तो आइये विस्तार से पढ़ते है इनके बारे में-
Overview of SAARC:
|Member states||8 members and 9 observers|
|Secretary-General||Esala Ruwan Weerakoon (3 March 2020 – present)|
|Establishment||8 December 1985|
Check Out: What is the full form of BRICS?
- June 3, 1905: In Colombo, Sri Lanka, Foreign ministry officials of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka met up.
- 1983: Adoption of the Declaration on South Asian Association Regional Coopoeration (SAARC) was accepted by India and foreign ministers of seven countries.
- 1985: After its approval, in Dhaka, Bangladesh first summit takes place.
- 2004: South Asian Free Trade Area (SAFTA) was signed up.
- 2007: Afghanistan was included as the member of SAARC.
- 2009: Australia, China, the EU, Iran, Japan, Mauritius, Myanmar, South Korea, and the United States were considered as the observers of SAARC.
- On 8th December 1985, establishment of SAARC take place in Dhaka.
- On 16th January 1987, secretariat of SAARC was founded in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Get Here: List of Cabinet Ministers of India
Names of SAARC Member States:
The names of SAARC 8 member states are as:
- Sri Lanka
Names of SAARC Observers:
Recently, there are nine observers to SAARC. The names are as:
- The European Union
- The Republic of Korea
- The United States of America
Check Out: Global Democracy Index 2020
Main objectives to form SAARC:
These are the few main objectives that are the reason behind the forming of SAARC.
- Improve quality of life of the people of South Asia.
- To promote economic growth
- For social progress and cultural development
- To strengthen cooperation with other developing countries
Principal Organs of SAARC:
Meeting of Heads of State or Government: On yearly basis, meetings are to be held by the member heads of SAARC.
Standing Committee of Foreign Secretaries: The work of committee is to do monitoring, to do coordination, set up the primary priorities and approval of projects etc
Secretariat: The foundation of it was done on 16 January 1987, in Kathmandu. Secretary-general, seven directors, and services staff are included members of SAARC Secretariat. The main aim of development was to make a communication channel between the SAARC and other international organizations.
Know Here: What is the full form of NATO?
Secretaries-General of the SAARC:
|Kant Kishore Bhargava||India|
|Ibrahim Hussein Zaki||Maldives|
|Yadav Kant Silwal||Nepal|
|Naeem U. Hasan||Pakistan|
|Nihal Rodrigo||Sri Lanka|
|Q. A. M. A. Rahim||Bangladesh|
|Sheel Kant Sharma||India|
|Fathimath Dhiyana Saeed||Maldives|
|Arjun Bahadur Thapa||Nepal|
|Amjad Hussain B. Sial||Pakistan|
|Esala Ruwan Weerakoon||Sri Lanka|
SAARC Regional Centres:
- SAARC Agriculture Centre (SAC), Dhaka
- SAARC Energy Centre (SEC), Islamabad
- SAARC Cultural Centre (SCC), Colombo, Sri Lanka
- SAARC Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS Centre (STAC), Kathmandu
- SAARC Disaster Management Centre (SDMC), India
Know Here: What is the full form of the TRAI?
Free Trade Area (FTA): SAARC has established a Free Trade Area (FTA) that will helps in increasing the internal trade and on the other hand it will also help in lessen the trade gap of some states.
SAPTA: SAPTA means South Asia Preferential Trading Agreement that was established in 1995 to promote trade amongst the member countries.
SAFTA: This was formed to remove customs duties of all traded goods.
SAARC Agreement on Trade in Services (SATIS): This was formed for liberalization in trade services.
SAARC University: Apart from SAARC University, food bank is also there. Also, in Pakistan energy reserve is there.
Candidates must read this complete page of recruitmentresult.com to gather details regarding SAARC such as SAARC Full Form, its headquarters, history, objectives, achievements etc. as it is helpful in gaining knowledge.
Something You Should Put An Eye On
|NAAC Full Form||NSDL Full Form|
|CSIR Full Form||BCC Full Form|
|What is full form of NSSO?||List of Financial Institutions in India|
|BCCI Full Form||IRDA Full Form|