SAT Exam Pattern
Prepare for SAT Test by going through Revised SAT Exam Pattern. Scholastic Assessment Test is abbreviated as SAT. It is a paper-based standardized test conducted for applying to colleges and universities that are situated in the United States. SAT Test is organized in two types: SAT Reasoning Test and SAT Subjects Test. Both SAT 2018 Exam Pattern follows diverse format to assess candidate’s knowledge & skills. Get all details about SAT Exam Pattern 2018 including Marking Scheme & Structure of paper, type of questions asked.
The main objective of organizing SAT Reasoning test is to assess a student’s reading, writing and mathematical ability. College Board, the conducting authority of SAT has brought up various changes in SAT Test Pattern. Now, there is no negative marking in Scholastic Assessment Test & exam will be of 1600 score. To attain more details about SAT Exam Pattern 2018, go through this page created by team of recruitmentresult.com
SAT Exam Pattern
SAT Exam Pattern 2018:
|Section||Test||Duration||Number of Questions|
|Evidence-based Reading and Writing||Reading||65 Minutes||52|
|Writing and Language||35 Minutes||44|
|Mathematics||Math (Calculator not allowed)||25 Minutes||20|
|Math (Calculator allowed)||55 Minutes||38|
|230 Minutes||154 Questions|
|Essay (Optional)||50 Minutes||1 Task|
Table Reflecting Changes In SAT Test Pattern 2018:
|Category||Old SAT||Redesigned SAT|
|Total Testing Time||3 hours and 45 minutes||3 hours (plus 50 minutes for the Essay [optional])|
*Redesigned SAT scores subject to research
|Subscore Reporting||None||Subscores for every test|
SAT Subjects Test Pattern 2018:
SAT Subjects Test is based on specific topics listed here.
|U.S. History||Chemistry||German with Listening||Latin|
|World History||Physics||Spanish||Chinese with Listening|
|Math Level||French||Spanish with Listening||Japanese with Listening|
|Math Level 2||French with Listening||Modern Hebrew||Korean with Listening|
Changes in the timings of paper as per SAT Exam pattern 2018:
|Old SAT||Redesigned SAT|
|Writing||60||49||Writing and Language||35||44|
(230 with Essay)
(154 with Essay)
Want to Know? Tips To Create Your Own Study Guide
SAT Reasoning Test:
- Time duration of paper is of 3 hours.
- Aspirants will get another 50 minutes for the Essay, which is optional.
- New SAT test pattern 2018 is having sections- Evidence-Based Reading and Writing, Reading Test, Writing and Language Test and Math
- It is an objective type paper comprising of 154 questions including 1 essay question.
SAT Reasoning Test Pattern
- It comprise of a short essay & multiple-choice questions on identifying errors as well as grammar section.
- Time duration of paper is of 35 minutes. There are 44 questions.
- This section comprise of reading passages and sentence completions.
- It is divided into three sub-sections.
- It is having Multiple Choice Questions based on either short passage reading or long passage reading.
- Questions are based on evaluation of student’s understanding ability.
- Time duration of paper is of 65 minutes having 52 questions.
- Questions on arithmetic operations, algebra, geometry, statistics, and probability are asked.
- There are 57 questions in question paper.
- Time duration of paper is of 80 minutes.
Aspirants may plan their studies by referring SAT Exam Pattern 2018. Stay tuned with us for getting more information about it.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Entrance Exam in India||How To Prepare For Online Exam|
|Tips to Make Study Interesting||How to Get in the Mood to Study|
|Health Hazards due to over Studying||Last Minute Exam Preparation Tips|
|Makes Your Brain Work Better||How To Stay Awake All Night To Stud|