SBI PO Exam Pattern
Recently a new SBI PO Exam Pattern has been released by State Bank Of India, the country’s biggest bank. Candidates who have applied for SBI PO Exam may get complete exam details regarding SBI PO Exam Pattern 2017 from this page. Applicants who are going to appear for SBI Probationary Officer exam can download SBI PO paper pattern from his page which is well structured by the team of recruitmentresult.com.
Applicants, who started their preparation for this SBI Recruitment Exam, must get Probationary Officer Paper Pattern in PDF format through official website using online mode only. State Bank of India conducts competitive exams yearly to appoint the talented job appliers for Probationary Officer positions.
The SBI PO exam is the common written test for the recruitment probationary officer post and examination will consist of two parts. Complete detailed description regarding the exam pattern can be attained through this page. Please have a look….
SBI PO Exam Pattern
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern (Phase I):
Preliminary Exam will consist of objective tests for 100 marks that will be conducted online. This test would be of 1 hour duration consisting of 3 sections as follows:
|Sr. No.||Subjects Name||Max Ques.||Max Marks|
|Time Duration: 01 Hour|
- Aspirants are required to qualify each of the three tests by securing passing marks that are to be decided by the Bank.
- Suitable number of candidates in each category as decided by the bank (approximately 20 times the numbers of vacancies subject to availability) will be short listed for the Main Examination.
Check This Below Given Tips:
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern:
- Main Exam will comprise of 2 parts: first is objective tests for 200 marks and second is Descriptive Test for 50 marks.
- Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online.
- Candidates will have to answer the descriptive test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
Pattern of the Mains Objective Test:
- Duration of mains exam will be of 3 hours consist of 4 Sections for total 200 marks
- Objective test will have separate timing for every section.
- Candidates are required to qualify in each of the Tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
|Sr. No.||Subjects Name||Max Ques.||Max Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Min|
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 Min|
|3||General Awareness about Economy/ Banking||40||40||35 Min|
|4||English Language||35||40||40 Min|
Check This useful Section of SBI PO
|SBI PO Syllabus||SBI PO Recruitment|
|SBI PO Salary Structure||SBI PO Previous Year Papers|
|SBI PO Admit Card||SBI Placement Papers|
|SBI PO Interview Experience||SBI PO Eligibility Criteria|
|SBI Notification||SBI PO Preparation Books|
Pattern of the Mains Descriptive Test:
- Descriptive paper will be of 30 minutes duration with 25 marks assigned to the test of English Language.
- You will be tested on Letter Writing & Essay.
- You will be needed to secure passing marks to qualify the Descriptive Test, to be decided by the Bank.
Important Note: This descriptive test paper will be of only those candidates, who will be evaluated on the basis of qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in Objective Test.
Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main Exam):
- There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests.
- For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, 1/4th of the marks will be assigned for correct answer, will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
- Aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category.
- Adequate number of candidates in each category, as decided by the Bank will be called for Group Exercises and Interview.
- Qualifying marks in Group Exercises & Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
- Candidates qualifying for Group Exercises & Interview under ‘OBC’ category would be required to submit OBC certificate containing the ‘Non Creamy layer’ clause.
- Candidates not submitting the OBC certificate containing the ‘Non Creamy layer’ clause and requesting to be interviewed under General category will not be entertained.
- If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate; there will be no penalty for that question.
SBI PO Group Discussion & Interview Details:
|Sr. No.||Tests Name||Max. Marks|
SBI PO Final Selection Marks Details:
- After qualifying Preliminary, Mains and Group Discussion & Interview session, candidate will be finally selected for PO post in SBI bank. Selection will be done on below given marking criteria. Please have a look….
- Marks scored in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for the selection.
- Only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in objective test and descriptive test will be added to the marks obtained in GE & Interview (Phase-III) for preparation of the final merit list.
- The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately.
- Marks secured by the candidates in the written test (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Exercises & Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25.
- Final merit list will be arrived after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Exercises & Interview out of 100 for each category.
- Selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
|Sr. No.||Tests Name||Max. Marks||Normalized to|
|1||Main Examination (Tier – II)||225||75|
|2||GD & Interview (Tier – III)||50||25|
Expected Cutoff of the SBI Exam:
|Reasoning Ability (Out of 50)||12 – 14||9 – 11|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation (Out of 50)||12 – 14||9 – 11|
|General Awareness/Marketing/Computer Knowledge (Out of 50)||12 – 15||9 – 11|
|English Language (Out of 50)||12 – 14||9 – 11|
|Overall Objective Test (Out of 200)||78 – 82||68 – 72|
Online Quiz for SBI PO Exams
|Logical Reasoning Online Test||Start Now|
|Bank Online Test||Start Now|
|General Knowledge Online Test||Start Now|
|Quantitative Aptitude Online Quiz||Start Now|
|Bank PO Online Test||Start Now|
To clear the SBI PO exam is not an easy task, aspirants have to prepare well according to Examination Pattern and Syllabus. Applicants, through this SBI PO Exam Pattern 2017 you can prepare for the exam easily and for latest information about SBI like syllabus, application, admit card etc keep visiting our web portal that is recruitmentresult.com you can also subscribe us for email alert and join us on Facebook also.
You may also open this Official Link to know more about SBI PO Exam Pattern 2017.