SBI PO Exam Pattern
To begin the preparation for SBI PO Exam strategically, one must follow the SBI PO Exam Pattern. State Bank of India Exam Pattern for PO gives an idea about the number of questions attempt, allotted time, marking scheme and topics covered in the Probationary Officer Exam. If you are one of them, who’re preparing for the SBI Probationary Officer exam, then must check the Prelims/Mains Updated Paper Structure from this page to make your practice at its height.
As per the guidelines of the SBI, Both SBI pre and mains with their objective and descriptive type test will be conducted online. Applicants, who are going to apply for SBI PO Recruitment Exam, must download SBO PO Exam Pattern PDF through official website using online mode only and prepare accordingly. State Bank of India conducts competitive exams yearly to appoint the talented job appliers for Probationary Officer positions.
The SBI PO exam is the common written test for the recruitment probationary officer post and examination will consist of two parts. Complete detailed description regarding the exam pattern of SBI PO can be attained through this page of recruitmentresult.com. Please have a look….
SBI PO Exam Pattern
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2018 Stages
The stages of SBI recruitment involved under the State Bank Of India PO Exam Pattern are as follows:
Phase 1: Preliminary Examination
Phase 2: Main Examination
Phase 3: Group Exercises and Interview
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern (Phase I):
- Preliminary Exam will consist of objective tests for 100 marks that will be conducted online.
- You need to qualify each subject and securing passing marks individually.
- This test would be of 1 hour duration consisting of 3 sections as follows:
|Sr. No.||Subjects Name||Max Ques.||Max Marks|
|Time Duration: 01 Hour|
Get Online Test Series: SBI PO Mock Test
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern (Phase II):
- Updated Paper Structure of SBI PO Main Exam will comprise of 2 parts:
- Objective tests: for 200 marks
- Descriptive Test: for 50 marks.
- Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online.
- For descriptive test, you need to answer by typing on the computer.
- Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
SBI PO Exam Pattern of the Objective Exam
Pattern of the Mains Objective Test:
- Duration of mains exam will be of 3 hours consist of 4 Sections for total 200 marks
- Objective test will have separate timing for every section.
- Candidates are required to qualify in each of the Tests by securing passing marks.
|Sr. No.||Subjects Name||Max Ques.||Max Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Min|
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 Min|
|3||General Awareness about Economy/ Banking||40||40||35 Min|
|4||English Language||35||40||40 Min|
SBI PO Exam Pattern of the Mains Descriptive Test:
- Time: 30 minutes
- of Marks: 25 marks for English Language
- Pattern: Letter Writing & Essay
|Important Note: This descriptive test paper will be of only those candidates, who will be evaluated on the basis of qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in Objective Test.|
Check This useful Section of State Bank Of India PO 2018
For the convenience of the students, here we are providing the links of the State Bank Of India PO Syllabus 2018, SBI PO Notification, SBI 2018 Sample Papers and others. So you are advised to hit the provided links and take most of it.
|SBI PO Syllabus||SBI PO Recruitment|
|SBI PO Salary Structure||SBI PO Previous Year Papers|
|SBI PO Admit Card||SBI Placement Papers|
|SBI PO Interview Experience||SBI PO Eligibility Criteria|
|SBI Notification||SBI PO Preparation Books|
Guidelines of SBI PO Exam Pattern 2018
Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main Exam):
- There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests.
- For each question for which a wrong answer: 1/4th of the marks will be assigned for correct answer, will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
- Aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category.
- If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate; there will be no penalty for that question.
SBI PO Group Discussion & Interview Details:
- Adequate number of candidates in each category, as decided by the Bank will be called for Group Exercises and Interview.
- Candidates qualifying for Group Exercises & Interview under ‘OBC’ category would be required to submit OBC certificate containing the ‘Non Creamy layer’ clause.
- Candidates not submitting the OBC certificate containing the ‘Non Creamy layer’ clause and requesting to be interviewed under General category will not be entertained.
|Sr. No.||Tests Name||Max. Marks|
SBI PO Final Selection Marks Details:
After qualifying Preliminary, Mains and Group Discussion & Interview session, candidate will be finally selected for PO post in SBI bank. Selection will be done on below given marking criteria. Please have a look….
- Marks scored in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for the selection.
- Only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in objective test and descriptive test will be added to the marks obtained in GE & Interview (Phase-III) for preparation of the final merit list.
- The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately.
- Marks secured by the candidates in the written test (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Exercises & Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25.
- Final merit list will be arrived after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Exercises & Interview out of 100 for each category.
- Selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
|Sr. No.||Tests Name||Max. Marks||Normalized to|
|1||Main Examination (Tier – II)||225||75|
|2||GD & Interview (Tier – III)||50||25|
SBI PO Exam Pattern – Expected Cutoff:
|Reasoning Ability (Out of 50)||12 – 14||9 – 11|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation (Out of 50)||12 – 14||9 – 11|
|General Awareness/Marketing/Computer Knowledge (Out of 50)||12 – 15||9 – 11|
|English Language (Out of 50)||12 – 14||9 – 11|
|Overall Objective Test (Out of 200)||78 – 82||68 – 72|
Online Quiz for SBI PO Exams
Those who’re preparing for the SBI PO Examination and wandering for the SBI PO 2018 Exam Pattern and SBI PO 2018 Syllabus details, may also start their preparation according to the SBI PO Online Series Test. So In order to this, they can check the below provided links and practice accordingly and strongly.
|Logical Reasoning Online Test||Start Now|
|Bank Online Test||Start Now|
|General Knowledge Online Test||Start Now|
|Quantitative Aptitude Online Quiz||Start Now|
|Bank PO Online Test||Start Now|
To clear the SBI PO exam is not an easy task, aspirants have to prepare well according to SBI PO Paper Pattern and SBI PO Exam Syllabus. Applicants, through this SBI PO Exam Pattern 2018 you can prepare for the exam easily and for latest information about SBI like syllabus, application, admit card etc keep visiting our web portal that is recruitmentresult.com you can also subscribe us for email alert and join us on Facebook also.
You may also open this Official Link to know more about SBI PO Exam Pattern 2018.