SCRA Eligibility Criteria
Union Public Service Commission performs the Special Class Railway Apprentice (SCRA) Examination for the selection of candidates in Mechanical Department of Indian Railway. Those aspirants who are willing to apply they must check SCRA Eligibility Criteria and age limitation for UR / SC / ST / OBC candidates in the below module.
UPSC conducts this examination in three stages that is written exam, interview/ personality test and documents verification. Recruitmentresult.com is presenting entire details related to SCRA Eligibility Criteria 2016 such as qualification, selection, age limit etc in the below section must read it properly.
- Candidates must be either
a) A citizen of India or
b) A subject of Nepal
c) Or subject of Bhutan.
- Applicants should have passed with 1st and 2nd division in intermediate or an equivalent examination/ 3 years degree course/ pre-engineering examination / pre-professional or Pre-Technological Examination / engineering degree course / 1st or 2nd division in pre-degree examination of a recognized university or board approved by Government of India with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of examination.
Aspirants should be physically fit and according to physical standards for admission to Special Class Railway Apprentice examination.
SCRA Age Limit of aspirants should not be below 17 years and must not above 21 years.
- For SC/ST candidates: 5 years
- For OBC candidates: 3 years
- Age relaxable for 3 years in case of defence services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or disturbed area.
- 5 years Age relaxable for Ex-service men including commissioned officers and ECOs/SSCOs
- Age relaxation in case of ECOs /SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years of military service: 5 years
- Age relaxation for blind, deaf, mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates: 10 years
- Age relaxation if a candidate had ordinaly been domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01-01-1980 to 31-12-1989: 5 years.
Note: Candidates must check Official Website, to get more details regarding SCRA Eligibility Criteria 2016.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|SCRA Application Form||SCRA Books|
|SCRA Exam Pattern||SCRA Syllabus|
|SCRA Previous Year Paper||SCRA Selection Process|