SCRA Eligibility Criteria
Union Public Service Commission performs the Special Class Railway Apprentice (SCRA) Examination for the selection of candidates in Mechanical Department of Indian Railway. Those aspirants who are willing to apply they must check SCRA Eligibility Criteria and age limitation for UR / SC / ST / OBC candidates in the below module.
All the essential detail is provided under the one roof while seeking the good for candidates who are going to appear for the Union Public Services Commission recruitment. UPSC conducts this examination in three stages that is written exam, interview/ personality test and documents verification. We the team of recruitmentresult.com is presenting entire details related to UPSC SCRA Criteria 2017 such as qualification, selection, age limit etc in the below section must read it properly.
SCRA Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must be either
a) A citizen of India or
b) A subject of Nepal
c) Or subject of Bhutan.
- Applicants should have passed with 1st and 2nd division in intermediate or an equivalent examination/ 3 years degree course/ pre-engineering examination / pre-professional or Pre-Technological Examination / engineering degree course / 1st or 2nd division in pre-degree examination of a recognized university or board approved by Government of India with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of examination.
Check Out: SCRA Notification
- Interested applicant against this exam must have passed in the first or second division in the intermediate or an equivalent examination of a recognized board approved by the Government of India with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.
- Graduates with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as their degree subjects may also apply.
- passed in the first or second division in the higher secondary(12 years)examination under 10+2 pattern of school education with Mathematics and at least one of the subject Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination
- passed the 1st year examination under the 3 years degree course from the recognized university or the first examination of the three years diploma course in Rural Service of the National Council for Rural Higher Education or the third year Examination for promotion to the 4th year of the four year B.A./B.Sc.(Evening College)Course of the Madras University with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination provided that before joining the degree/ diploma course he/she passed the Higher Secondary examination or the Pre-University or equivalent examination in the first or second division.
- Candidates who have passed the first/second year examination under the three-year degree course in the first or second division with Mathematics and either Physics or Chemistry as subjects of the Examination may also apply.
- The candidates must have passed in the first or second division in the pre-engineering examination from the recognized university.
- The candidates must have passed in the first or second division the pre-professional or Pre-Technological Examination of the recognized university with Mathematics and at least, one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects.
- 5 years engineering degree course the candidates must have passed in the first year examination from the recognized university. Candidates who have passed the first year Examination of the five-year Engineering Degree Course in the first or second division may also apply provided the first year Examination is conducted by a University.
- The candidate must have passed 1st or 2nd division in the pre-degree examination of the University of Kerala with Mathematics and at least, one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.
Read Also: How To Prepare For SCRA
Aspirants should be physically fit and according to physical standards for admission to Special Class Railway Apprentice examination.
SCRA Age Limit of aspirants should not be below 17 years and must not above 21 years.
- For SC/ST candidates: 5 years
- For OBC candidates: 3 years
- Age relaxable for 3 years in case of defence services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or disturbed area.
- 5 years Age relaxable for Ex-service men including commissioned officers and ECOs/SSCOs
- Age relaxation in case of ECOs /SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years of military service: 5 years
- Age relaxation for blind, deaf, mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates: 10 years
- Age relaxation if a candidate had ordinaly been domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01-01-1980 to 31-12-1989: 5 years.
Check Out: SCRA Selection Process
Examination Will Be Conducted In Two Parts:
- SCRA exam is of objective type containing multiple type questions. Major sections in SCRA are General Ability, Physical Sciences and Mathematics respectively
- General Ability Test (GK, English & Psychological Test)is asked in paper I and it is of total marks 200.
- Physical Sciences (Physics & Chemistry)is asked in paper II and the total marks will be 200 in this section.
- Mathematics will be asked in Paper III and it will be off 200 marks.
- Overall Marks: 600 Marks
- The exam duration will be 2 Hours for each paper.
- Part II covers a personality test of 200 marks. However, this part will be conducted only for those candidates, who have qualified their written examination.
Note: Candidates must check Official Website, to get more details regarding SCRA Eligibility Criteria 2017.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|UPSC Notification||SCRA Books|
|SCRA Exam Pattern||SCRA Syllabus|
|SCRA Previous Year Paper||UPSC Calendar|