Shell Junior National Science Scholarship
Shell Junior National Science Scholarship 2016 is going to be provided to the brilliant students to encourage science and environment. Shell Junior National Science Scholarship is conducted by Shell India in partnership with the British Council and with National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) as the knowledge partner. The scholarship programme was executed by the British Council in India and it aims at encouraging high school students want to enhance their career in engineering.
Candidates who want to apply for this Programme should fill the registration form on or before the closing date. Shell Junior National Science Scholarship 2016 is sponsored by Shell India Markets Pvt. Ltd., a fully owned subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell. Scholarship Programme is conducted in about 20 cities.
Candidates who are in XI and X standard can apply for these schemes. Eligible candidates, who will clear the test can get the prize up to Rs. 50, 000/- to 75, 000/-. More details in regard of this scheme can be obtained from this page of recruitmentresult.com.
Only students of class XI and X who are selected by the school are eligible to apply in the Shell Junior National Science Scholarship Examination.
- There will be 3 regional winners from each of the examination venues. Each winner will receive a cash award of Rs. 50000 which they can spend on educational purposes.
- There will be 3 national winners (from the 21 regional winners) who will receive an additional cash award of Rs 75000 each.
- The mentor teachers of the 3 national winners will get an opportunity to visit UK for week-long continuing professional development training.
- The mentor teachers of the remaining 18 regional winners will get an opportunity to attend a 3-day science enrichment workshop in India
Selection of the aspirants will be done on the basis of the score obtained in the in the Shell Junior National Science Scholarship examination.
Candidates have to answer 60 objectives and 1 subjective question on topics from physics, chemistry, mathematics and general knowledge focused on energy sector.
How to Apply for Shell Junior National Science Scholarship:
- First of all go to the official site, which is www.shell.in.
- Go to the ‘quick link’ section give at the upper side of the home page.
- Select the link ‘Shell Junior National Science Scholarship’.
- Now go to the ‘registration’ given in the menu.
- Choose the appropriate link.
- Fill the online registration form with the correct details.
- Upload the documents if required and press the submit button.
- Take print out of application form for future use.
- Take a print out of the ‘Registration Form’ and get it signed by the Principal/ Head of the institution.
- Please send the signed copy in a sealed envelope superscribed “Registration Form – SJNSS” by speed post/courier to below stated address:
Dr. A. Mondal,
Curator, Birla Industrial and Technological Museum,
19A Gurusaday Road, Kolkata -700019
Important Date (Tentative):
- Registrations open: December 2015 3rd week
- Registrations close: January 2016 3rd week
- Examination held: January 2016 3rd week onwards
- Result announcement: March 2016 1st week
- Award Ceremony: April 2016 2nd week
Note: for more details you can check Official Link
Something That You Should Put An Eye On