Sikkim TET Syllabus 2019
Download Sikkim TET Syllabus 2019 for 18 November 2018 Exam from here. We are also providing the direct link to download Paper 1/2 Exam Pattern and STET Syllabus on below page.
Human Resource Development Department is going to conduct STET on 18-11-2018 to provide Teaching Jobs to eligible candidates in Primary & Elementary Schools. Scroll down this page to know more about Sikkim TET Syllabus 2019.
STET Syllabus 2019
|Organization Name||Human Resource Development Department (HRDD)|
|Name of the Exam||Sikkim Teacher Eligibility Test (STET) November 2018|
|Name of the Post||Primary & Elementary Teacher Jobs|
|Sikkim TET Exam date||18-11-2018 (Sunday)|
|STET Exam Timings||10:00 AM to 12:30 PM (For Elementary Teacher)|
|01:30 PM to 04:00 PM (For Primary Teacher)|
|Category||Sikkim TET Syllabus|
With the help of Sikkim Teacher Eligibility Test Syllabus, candidates will be able to prepare better for the examination and make self notes. Teacher Eligibility Test will be conducted in two papers.
Applicants who are waiting to grab rest details of Sikkim TET Syllabus 2019 they can go through below section of this page which is well maintained by the team members of recruitmentresult.com.
Sikkim TET Syllabus
Sikkim TET Syllabus for Paper 1
I. Child Development and Pedagogy
a) Child Development (Primary School Child)
- Concept of development and its relationship with learning.
- Principles of the development of children.
- Gross and fine motor development skills in infancy & preschool children.
- Socialization processes: Social world & children (Teachers, parents, peers.)
- Piaget, Kohlberg and Vygotsky: constructs and critical perspectives.
- Development of speech and language.
- Gender as a social construct; gender roles, gender- bias and educational practice.
- Individual differences among learners, understanding differences based on diversity of
- language, caste, gender, community, religion etc.
- Understanding child abuse.
Read Also: Health Hazards due to over Studying
b) Concept of Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs.
- Addressing learners from diverse backgrounds including disadvantaged and deprived.
- Addressing the needs of children with learning difficulties, impairment etc.
- Addressing the talented, creative, especially able learners
c) Learning and Pedagogy
- How children think and learn.
- Factors contributing to learning –personal & environmental.
- Basic processes of teaching and learning; children’s strategies of learning; learning as a social activity; social context of learning.
- Cognition & Emotional development of child.
- Motivation – Concept and types of Motivation; Relationship between Motivation and
- Gathering data about children from different context: Naturalist Observation, Reflective Journal, and Anecdotal Record
Must Check: Strategies To Improve Memory
a) Language Comprehension
Reading unseen passages- two passages one prose or drama and poem with questions on comprehension, inference, grammar and verbal ability ( Prose passage may be literary, scientific, narrative or discursive )
b) Pedagogy of Language Development
- Learning and Acquisition
- Principles of language Teaching
- Role of listening and speaking; function of language and how children use it as a tool
- Critical perspective on the role of grammar in learning a language for communicating ideas verbally and in written form;
- Challenges of teaching language in a diverse classroom; language difficulties, errors and disorders
- Language Skills
- Evaluating language comprehension and proficiency: speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Teaching- learning materials: Textbook, multi- media materials, multilingual resource of the classroom
- Remedial Teaching
Do You Know: How to Prepare for English
- Squares and Square roots
- Cubes and Cube roots
- Decimals and Fractions
- Algebraic Expressions and Identities
- Rational Numbers
- Exponents and Powers
- Addition and Subtraction
- Operation on Numbers
- Ratio and proportion
- Comparing Quantities
- Direct and Inverse Variations
- Shapes & Spatial Understanding
- Solids around Us
- Data Handling
b) Pedagogical Issues
- Nature of Mathematics/Logical thinking; understanding children’s thinking and reasoning patterns and strategies of making meaning and learning
- Place of Mathematics in Curriculum
- Language of Mathematics
- Community Mathematics
- Evaluation through formal and informal methods
- Problems of Teaching
- Error analysis and related aspects of learning and teaching
- Diagnostic and Remedial Teaching
START Practice With: Mathematics Quiz
IV. Environmental Studies
Term I and Term II textbooks developed by the state for classes I-V
- Science: VI-VIII
- Food: Sources and Components
- Nutrition in Plants and Animals
- Light, Shadows and Reflection
- Electric Current and its effects
- Microorganism : Friend and Foe
- Pollution of Air and Water
- Physical and Chemical changes
- Fibre to Fabric
- Social Science: (VI -VIII Social and Political Life, History –Our Pasts, Geography)
- From Gathering to Growing Food
- Rulers and Buildings
- India after Independence
- Motions of the Earth
- Life in the Temperate Grassland
- Mineral and Power Resources
- Social and Political Life
- Diversity and Discrimination.
- Understanding Media.
- Understanding Marginalisation
Must Check: How to Prepare for Written Exam
b) Pedagogical Issues
- Environmental Studies: Meaning and Nature.
- Objectives of teaching Environmental studies.
- Approaches to teaching Environmental Studies. NCF-2005
- Meaning of Child Centric activity based classroom.
- Principles and importance of Child Centred approac
- Needs of the child.
- Development of various skills among the children through teaching of Environmental
- Steps in planning and conducting activities.
- Methods of teaching environmental studies – Meaning, importance, advantages and
- Difference between various methods of teaching.
- Methods of teaching at Primary Level.
- Problem solving method.
- Question answer method or conversation method.
- Project method
- Play-way method
- Story telling method
- Scientific method
- Principles and Characteristics of good method of teaching.
- Different types of activities needed to develop various skills among the children.
- Teaching-Learning material –. Meaning, Importance, Qualities of teaching – Learning material, Types – Audio, Visual, Audio -Visual
- Meaning, importance, principles of lesson plan.
- Steps involved in Lesson Planning.
- Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation:
- Difference between Assessment and Evaluation, importance of evaluation.
- Types of assessment – Formative and Summative
- Tools and Techniques of Evaluation (Summative Assessment)
- Types of questions, Qualities of a good question paper. Educational objectives for framing questions (According to NCERT Model.)
- Grading System at Primary level -Meaning, Type of grading.
Read Out Here: How To Stay Awake All Night To Study
Sikkim TET Exam Pattern
There will be objective type questions (Multiple Choice) in Sikkim Teacher Eligibility Test. The exam does not follow any negative marking scheme. Total number of questions will be 150 for paper 1 and 210 for paper 2. Duration of examination will be of 2:30 hr.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|Paper I (for Primary Teacher, for classes I to V) Structure and Content of TET|
|Child development and pedagogy||30||30|
|Paper II (for Graduate teacher for classes VI to VIII) Structure and content|
|Child development and pedagogy||30||30|
|Mathematics and Science||60||60|
|Social studies (for social studies teacher)||60||60|
Know Here: Skills Required To become Teacher
Steps to download Sikkim TET Syllabus 2019
- In the very first step, candidates have to visit the official website of Sikkim Human Resource Development Department that is www.sikkimhrdd.org
- After that navigate the homepage and take your cursor to SIKKIM TEACHER ELIGIBILITY TEST 2018 under “News and Announcement” section
- Now on reaching new page you have to hit on “STET Syllabus can be downloaded from” link
- After hitting that link, Sikkim Teacher Eligibility Test Syllabus PDF will get appeared on your screen
- You just have to download it and take hard copy of Sikkim TET Syllabus PDF to prepare better for the examination.
Download Here>>Sikkim TET Syllabus
|ONLINE FORM LAST DATE||07-10-2018|
|SUBMISSION OF PRINTED FORMS ALONG WITH DOCUMENTS||09-10-2018 to 12-10-2018|
|E-Mail of Admit Cards||27-10-2018 onwards|
|Date of Exam||11-11-2018|
Candidates can hit this Official Link to know more about Sikkim TET Syllabus 2019. Also follow this page on social networking sites to get the latest updates about recruitment, syllabus, admit card etc.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Sikkim TET Application Form||Sikkim TET Admit Card|
|TET Entrance Exam||TET Syllabus|
|Tips to Make Study Interesting||Get Rid Of Sleeping While Studying|
|How Can You Write Fast In Exams?||How to Get in the Mood to Study|