SMPS Full Form
The full name or SMPS Full Form is Switched-Mode Power Supply. It is a power supply that is used to convert the voltage of computers in an acceptable range. SMPS has power handling components through which electric power can be efficiently converted. Other details such as How SMPS Work, What is its meaning etc are well presented on this page.
SMPS Full Form
What is SMPS?
SMPS (Switch Mode Power Supply) is a device that is used to provide power supply to other electrical components and circuits. SMPS is used mainly to convert high voltage AC to low voltage DC. Computer components such as Motherboard, RAMS and drives require SMPS for converting the voltage and providing power supply. SMPS is also used in Fridge, Oven, DVD Player Or DTH.
There are two main elements of SMPS-
- Power Connectors
- Power Supply
Power Connectors is used for providing DC Voltage to all the components of a device and Power Supply Fan is used, so that Switch Mode Power Supply is cooled simultaneously.
Also Know Here: What is the full form of the TRAI?
एसएमपीएस कैसे काम करता है:
जब हम इनपुट सप्लाई देते हैं, तो वोल्टेज सबसे पहले AC फ़िल्टर के पास जाती है| उसके बाद AC वोल्टेज को रेक्टिफिएर के पास भेज दिया जाता है, जो AC वोल्टेज को DC वोल्टेज में कन्वर्ट करता है| इस प्रकिर्या के बाद एक और फ़िल्टर का इस्तेमाल किया जाता है,जो स्मूथ DC वोल्टेज प्रदान करता है | अब जो आउटपुट आती है, उसे स्विचिंग ट्रांजिस्टर पर दिया जाता है जिसमे दो NPN ट्रांजिस्टर लगे होते हैं, इसके बाद एक AC आउटपुट में बदल दिया जाता है| इस पूरी प्रतिकिर्या को हम SM ट्रांसफार्मर कहते है जिसका मतलब है स्विच मोड ट्रांसफार्मर| यह AC को DC में कन्वर्ट करता है और दोबारा AC में कंवर्ट करता है|
Get Here: RAM Full Form
Types of SMPS:
The four types of Switch Mode Power Supply are:
- DC – DC Converter
- Forward Converter
- Flyback Converter
- Self-Oscillating Flyback Converter
1) DC – DC Converter: In this type of SMPS Converter, the high power DC voltage is passed to the primary side of Step Down Transformer and the transformer which is a part of SMPS is approximately 50 Hz. Now the voltage is rectified and sent to the secondary part of the transformer. At last, it is sent to the output voltage. In this, way the voltage is controlled.
2) Forward Converter: In this converter, the current transfers through a choke and it has no relation with the transistor whether it is working or not. When transistor is closed, Diode performs its work by transmitting the power. Thus, the power flow is continuous and also during the ON period, choke stores the energy and send it to the output load.
3) Flyback Converter: In this type of converter, when the switch is on, magnetic field energy is stored by the inductor. Its function works when power output is empty in voltage circuit, at that time Flyback Converter controls the Duty Cycle Output voltage.
4) Self-Oscillating Flyback Converter: This converter works on the principle of flyback. At the time of conduction, there is a linear rise in the switching transistor in the form of slope i.e Vin / Lp
Start a Test: Computer Hardware Quiz
Through power connectors, SMPS provide power to various computer components such as motherboards; hard disk drives etc There are mainly 5 types of connectors.
1) ATX Power Connectors: ATX is used to provide power to the motherboard and is a 20 pin connector under which 6 types of Voltas are there.
2) 24 Pin SMPS Connectors: It is also known as PC main power connector and it has 4 additional pins. The additional Pin numbers are 11, 12 and 23 and 24 which are of +12 V, +3.3 V, +5 V respectively and 24 pin is for ground purpose.
3) Standard Peripheral Power Connectors (Molex): CD / DVD drive use this type of connectors. The voltages here depend on the color of the wires. These Disk drive power connectors are also called as Molex connectors.
4) SATA Power Connectors: SATA means here Serial Advanced Technology Attachment. This connector is of 15 pins that uses three different voltages such as .3 V, 5 V, and 12 V.
5) PCI-E 6 Pin Connectors: It is used to supply additional volt to the motherboard slots i.e. 12-volt power. These connectors are also known as PCI Express Graphics or PCI Express cables. The volt it provides is to the PCI Express motherboard slots.
Read Out: Computer Hardware Questions and Answers
SMPS Output Voltage:
Power supply provided by SMPS is in different amounts such as:
Also Know Here: USSD Full Form
Advantages and Disadvantages of SMPS:
- Advantage: It is not as big as transformer but is small and light. Also, the emission of heat is also less in this as compared to the transformer.
- Disadvantage: The function of SMPS is complex and it may affect our health as due to high frequency, harmonic distortion may be caused.
We hope that the details mentioned on this page of recruitmentresult.com about SMPS Full Form, its working, types etc is useful for the visitors of this page.
Something That You Should Put an Eye On
|Computer Engineering Career||Computer Knowledge Quiz|
|Computer Hardware Engineer Salary||Best Computer Courses For Bright Career|
|Computer Science Questions and Answers||How to be a Computer Teacher after Graduation|
|VPN Full Form||TCP/IP Full Form|