SNAP Preparation Tips
After CAT, SNAP is the most popular entrance exam in India. SNAP test involves MBA course offered by 15 institutes of Symbiosis International University (SIU, Pune). To be in the merit list of admission, let’s look for some tricks to crack SNAP test in 3 months. Here in this article we are providing you a complete guide including SNAP Preparation Tips.
Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) is an entrance test for MBA; it is conducted at national level by Symbiosis International University (SIU). Every year more than 50,000 candidates apply for this test. If you’re thinking too that How to Prepare for SNAP, this destination is for you. For cracking this exam one needs to prepare at his best level.
Here we have brought you a guide in which you will get SNAP Preparation Tips followed by SNAP test pattern, syllabus and subject wise preparation tips. All these things will definitely provide you a helping hand in your preparation problems and also you will be able to prepare your best to crack SNAP in just 3 months.
Get Details Of: SNAP Notification
SNAP Preparation Tips
Choose Best Study Material
Proper knowledge about exam pattern and syllabus is must; it is required to begin your preparation on the basis of your subjects. According to the syllabus, arrange your study material like books, notes, guides and sample papers. Choose some of the best guides and books. You can also take help from internet.
Read Here: How To Find Online Study Material
Subject Wise Strategy
Strategize your preparation according to the subject and make a schedule for your studies. Try to follow that schedule honestly, be strict to yourself. This will help you in covering each and every topic of all the subjects.
Make Your Concepts Strong
Before going in details of any subject, try to clear the basic concepts of the topic. Your strong concepts will help you in understanding the further topics easily and clearly. And also this will help you in solving the problems. Statistics and geometry are the main topics in which you need to work on concepts more.
Read Now: How to Solve a Problem in Exam Correctly
Identify Your Weakness
While preparing, try to know that where you are losing confidence. This will help you in finding out your weak parts or topics. Work on that part with More Concentration and hard work and Be Confident in every section.
Go Through Previous Year’s Sample Papers
You should be aware of all the previous year’s sample papers, dates and should keep an eye on all the previous year’s test regarding the same course.
Get Here: SNAP Previous Year Papers
Take Proper Guidance
Whenever you think that you are getting any difficulty in any of the topic, try to solve that problem at the same time only, don’t leave it for afterwards. You can talk to your teachers and gain a good guidance for your exam and subject.
You have to answer the exam in the given limited time, so you should know how to manage your time according to the sections and what should be your speed to answer them. Divide sections according to time and don’t spend much time in solving one question.
You May Read This: Tips to Manage Time In Exam
Speed And Accuracy
With the help of mock tests, sample papers and previous years question papers check your speed and accuracy, give yourself limited time target and try to answer the paper within that time. This will help you in checking your speed and also will help in checking your preparation level.
START NOW: Online Quiz for Students
Tricks to Crack SNAP Test in 3 Month
SNAP Exam Pattern
Knowing the exam pattern is most important before starting your preparation. When you’re wondering about SNAP Preparation Tips, You must be aware of changes taking place in every years SNAP exam pattern. Like this year, examination mode is changed. Till last year exam was based on pen and paper, but from this year SNAP exam will be conducted on online mode only.
SNAP exam includes 150 Objective Type Questions with the total duration of 120 minutes i.e. 2 hours. One mark will be provided for each correct answer and for each wrong answer 25% of mark will be deducted as negative marking. SNAP exam consists of four sections, departed below with the marks details:
|SECTIONS||NO. OF QUESTIONS||TOTAL MARKS|
|English general: reading comprehension, verbal Reasoning, verbal ability||40||40|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation and data sufficiency||40||40|
|General Awareness (last 2 years)||30||30|
|Analytical and logical reasoning||40||40|
Check In Detail: SNAP Exam Pattern
SNAP EXAM SYLLABUS
Syllabus for all the sections is given below in detail followed by subject wise preparation tricks:
From last many years it has been noticed that English section questions are very easy to attempt and also takes less time. This section may consist of questions from the given passage and it may check candidate’s Vocabulary and reasoning skills. Following are the topics under this section:
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence correction
- Contextual usage
- Reading Comprehension
- Different usage of same word
- Jumbled Paragraphs
- Manias & Phobias
- Para jumbles
- Sentence completion
- Odd One out
- One word Substitution
- Verbal Reasoning
Preparation Tips For English
- Candidates must have good knowledge about synonyms, antonyms, jumbled paragraphs, one word substitution and sentence making.
- Learning new words everyday through dictionary or any other source can help candidates in improving their vocabulary skills
- Reading English newspapers and magazines on daily basis can help you to upgrade your understanding and communication skills.
- Candidate must learn idioms and idiomatic expressions and also practice more on English Grammar.
- Arun Sharma verbal ability for CAT will be the best book for English preparation.
START NOW: English Language Quiz
QUANTITATIVE, DATA INTERPRETATION AND DATA SUFFICIENCY
This section includes basically questions from mathematics of secondary or 10+2 level and graduation level. It may include problems to check candidates speed and accuracy. Following are the topics which come under this section:
- Ratios and Proportion
- Number Systems
- LCM and HCF
- Profit and Loss
- Interest (Simple and Compound)
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Work, Pipe and Cisterns
- Linear and Quadratic Equation
- Progressions – AP, GP, HP
- Permutation & Combination
- Sets & Functions
- Coordinate geometry
- Calendar and Clock
- Data Interpretation based on text, graphs and tables. Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn diagram, etc.
GIVE NOW: Quantitative Aptitude Quiz
Preparation Tips For Quantitative, Data Interpretation And Data Sufficiency
- Mostly questions are asked from average, percentage, profit and loss, interest, probability, algebra, and mensuration, so, these topics are to be prepared properly.
- Candidates must learn formulae properly and practice them and revise them on daily basis.
- Candidates must work on clearing the mathematical concepts of every topic, if the concepts are not cleared yet; you can go for the guidance of your teacher or can take help from internet.
- Candidates must some shortcut method also to Save Your Time In The Examination.
- Candidates must practice from previous years question papers, sample papers and other test papers available online.
Must Check: Aptitude Questions & Answers
GENERAL AWARENESS (Last 2 Years)
This section includes questions from the general events from last 2 years. For this candidate must have proper knowledge of current affairs. Important topics for this section are:
- Current Affairs
- Social issues
- World records
- Punch line of companies
- Top officials of big companies
- Major corporate events
- Famous award and prizes
- Books and authors
- International organizations
- Indian Polity and Constitution
Preparation For General Awareness
- Candidate must have knowledge of current affairs of National and International
- Candidate must be aware of all the government schemes and important dates of the nation.
- Candidates must read newspaper, magazines and other current affairs books on daily basis.
- Candidate may also take help from Manorma and Pratiyogita Darpan.
ANALYTICAL AND LOGICAL REASONING
This section will check candidates problem solving and decision making skills and how sharply and accurately he/she answer the questions. Some important topics for this section are:
- Column graphs
- Critical reasoning
- Data interpretation based on text, graphs and tables
- Bar graphs
- Pie chart
- Line charts
- Coding and decoding puzzles
- Linear arrangements
- Matrix arrangements
- Statement and Conclusion
- Cause and Effect
- Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people
- Symbol Based problems
- Assertion and Reasoning
- Identifying next number in series
START NOW: Logical Reasoning Quiz
Preparation Tips For Analytical And Logical Reasoning
- To attain good score, candidates have to make a good strategy because this section may seem to be difficult from other three sections.
- Candidates must have a good knowledge of basic concepts and they must work on increasing their ability of reasoning and mental strength to score well.
- Candidate must solve SNAP sample papers and previous years question papers to check their ability and speed.
- Candidate may also sharpen their mind by solving puzzles or Sudoku in their free time.
Get Detailed: SNAP Syllabus
Recommended Books For SNAP Examination 2018
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Arun Sharma|
|Mastering Verbal Ability||Arihant Publication|
|Objective General English 10,000+ questions||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Data Interpretation||Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance||AbhijitGuha|
|Quantitative Ability||P Sinhal|
Check Also: SNAP Eligibility Criteria
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||Ashok Gupta|
|Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning||Pearson Publication|
Analytical And Logical Reasoning
|Ace the SNAP||IMS Learning Resources|
|Map the SNAP||Arihant Publications|
Check Now: MBA Preparation Books
Important Dates for SNAP Examination 2018
|SNAP 2018 Registration starts||August 14, 2018 Tuesday|
|SNAP 2018 Registration closes||November 23, 2018 Friday|
|SNAP 2018 Payment closes||November 23, 2018 Friday|
|SNAP 2018 Admit Card downloads dates||December 3, Monday to December 16, 2018 Sunday|
|SNAP Online Test 2018 date||December 16, 2018 Sunday from 2PM to 4 PM|
|Announcement of SNAP 2018 result||December 28, 2018|
All above were some tips and tricks to crack SNAP Test in 3 Month with a complete guide of details. We hope all the above things will be useful to you and will help you a lot in your preparations for SNAP Examination 2018.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|SNAP Result||SNAP Test Centres|
|SNAP Answer Key||SNAP Admit Card|
|MBA Entrance Exams||How to Get in the Mood to Study|
|Tips to Make Study Interesting||Makes Your Brain Work Better|
|Avoid Sleeping While Studying||Tips to Get Motivated for Everything|