Study Abroad in France
Study Abroad in France: The city of lights is filled with its unique ambience and is famous for its music, cinemas and museums. France is also very well known for its studies and is recognized worldwide for high class and standardized education. Many students from worldwide move to study abroad in France for further UG/PG programs. If you are one of them who have been looking for in detailed information to study abroad in France and want to know about fee details, how to apply and other related relevant information then this page is strongly recommended to you.
There are approximately 3500 private and public institutes in France which includes about 83 Universities, 224 Engineering schools, 220 Business and Management schools, 120 Art schools, 20 architecture schools and 3000 other schools and institutions. It ranks second in Europe and fourth in the world in the Information Technology sector.
With the help of this single page you can avail all the necessary information that you need if you are planning to study in France and you will be able to solve all your question marks in your mind. Paris has been ranked as the no.2 student-friendly city for 2017. Let’s move on to the underneath section and fetch more details.
Study Abroad in France
France Education System
France education system is divided into three parts:
- Primary education
- Secondary education
- Higher education
It is mixture of public and private institutions for students. It is most popular country for high level of technological development and contribution to field of Science and Research. Higher education in France is further divided into following categories:
- Universities level
- Grandes Ecoles
- Doctoral level
Check Out: Best Career Opportunities
Eligibility Criteria to apply for Study in France:
- Students must have baccalaureate or equivalent degree, who are looking for study undergraduate degree in France.
- Students must have baccalaureate or equivalent diploma, who are looking for admission in Grandes Ecoles in France.
- Students must have Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent diploma, who are looking for Master’s degree in France.
- Students must have Masters Degree or an equivalent diploma, who are looking for PhD programme in France
Application Process To Apply For Study In France
- Students who are looking for postgraduate study in France can directly download the application form from respective official websites of the universities. Application forms for the universities can also be received from the French Embassy in your respective countries.
- Students fill the application form with all relevant and efficient information and send it with all supporting documentation/certificates to the Enrolment Office of the respective institution before the closing date of application process.
- For grande ecoles in France, students have to appear for a competitive exam, Concours, which is conducted in France. To appear for this particular exam, you can apply for a special three-month competitive exam visa (visa concurs). Only after clearing the exam, you will be provided with a residence permit to take the course.
Check Now: Scholarship Exams for Higher Studies Abroad
Reasons To Study In France
French higher education system is world class and dynamic training the leaders of a nation that plays a central role in the domains of science, business, and culture. France is one of the most sought after study-abroad destinations, inviting abundant number of students every year from all over the world. In addition to a good educational experience, studying in France leads to good career opportunities internationally after graduation.
- Excellence in Science and Technology
In the Information Technology sector, France ranks second in Europe and fourth in the world. France is amongst the top of technological progress in several fields. France is responsible for the monitoring and technical management of the European space program Ariane. France is a well known center for scientific and technological innovation: The electronic card, the TGV train and the discovery of the HIV virus are some of the most notable feats of the last decades.
- French Education is Quality Education
Numerous French grandes écoles and universities prove very successful in the various rankings of the best universities in Europe and/or the world carried out by specialist international newspapers.
France has a dual system for higher education: “Universités” and “Grandes Ecoles”; the latter (less than 5% of students) requires very competitive selection entry exams. “Grandes Ecoles” system concerns mostly science and business studies. For medical and law studies, there are no Grandes Ecoles but universities have developed selection systems in the course of the studies.
Read Now: Ways to Get Education Loans for Students
- Work Placement
Work placements in businesses have become a compulsory part of the curriculum for many study disciplines at French universities and grandes écoles. International students in France can learn and benefit much from these placements which are also greatly appreciated by future employers. Sometimes a successful collaboration can lead to a permanent position.
- International Students have same benefits as French students
International students in France benefit from:
- student accommodation supplement
- student social security cover
- reduced ticket prices for cinema, theatre, public transport, university restaurants
- possibility of engaging in professional paid employment
- Knowing French is not Essential
French Universities and Grande Ecoles are now increasingly using English as the medium of instruction especially in areas like management, engineering, political sciences etc for French and international students. For students lacking proficiency in French, it is usually taught as a subject in their curriculum during the course time.
- Affordable Life
Education in France is subsidized by the state and thus provides good value for money by offering internationally recognized degrees at affordable costs. The tuition is almost nothing, except in Business Schools Most students living in provincial towns will experience reasonable living costs, lower than most European capitals. The French government very often provides students as well as international students with some financial help for accommodation up to about one third for successful students.
- Friendly Environment
In order to attract more international students, French Universities are now increasingly using English as the medium of instruction especially in areas like management, engineering, political sciences etc. Overseas students are given a warm welcome as part of the traditional French hospitality. Most campuses nowadays have a multicultural environment. For students lacking proficiency in French, language centers and special courses are available during vacation time.
- Rich in Art and Culture
France is perhaps one of the most traditionally rich countries in Europe with a Rich flavour of art and tradition. While some connect it with romanticism, most adore it for its deep and vast art and culture. France is the home to many famous painters. French architecture is recognized in the world for its unique style. Magnificent pieces of architecture still stand, reflecting the influence of different periods in history from the Eiffel Tower, to the Ave de triumphe. It is home to some of the most modern to the antique buildings.
Check Now: Study Abroad Procedure Details
Top Universities In France
- École Normale Supérieure
- École Polytechnique
- Pierre and Marie Curie University
- Paris-Sud University
- Paris Diderot University – Paris 7
Study Expenditure In France
The tuition fees and cost of study in France may vary as follows:
- For a student wanting to pursue undergraduate program in France, the living expenses may be somewhere between 10000 -18000 EURO/Year, and the tuition fees may be somewhere between 1000 – 7000 EURO.
- For a student wanting to pursue post graduate program in France, the living expenses may be somewhere between 18000 -30000 EURO/Year, and the tuition fees may be somewhere between 7000 – 300,000 EURO
Read Also: Ways to Get Money for College Fee
We hope that you gained all necessary and relevant information related to studying abroad in France. If you have any questions related to the above topic then you are free to discuss it with us by mentioning it in the below given comment section.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On