Study Abroad in France
Now-a-days, Migration from India to another country is increasing very rapidly among the students. France is one of them. It is the third largest country in Europe. It is a developed country in the world. French language is most popular choice among the students as foreign language. It is most popular spoken language in European Union. There are approximately 3500 private and public institutes in France which includes about 83 Universities, 224 Engineering schools, 220 Business and Management schools, 120 Art schools, 20 architecture schools and 3000 other schools and institutions. It ranks second in Europe and fourth in the world in the Information Technology sector.
France education system is divided into three parts:
- Primary education
- Secondary education
- Higher education
It is mixture of public and private institutions for students. It is most popular country for high level of technological development and contribution to field of Science and Research. Higher education in France is further divided into following categories:
- Universities level
- Grandes Ecoles
- Doctoral level
Eligibility Criteria to apply for study in France:
- Students must have baccalaureate or equivalent degree, who are looking for study undergraduate degree in France.
- Students must have baccalaureate or equivalent diploma, who are looking for admission in Grandes Ecoles in France.
- Students must have Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent diploma, who are looking for Master’s degree in France.
- Students must have Masters Degree or an equivalent diploma, who are looking for PhD programme in France.
Application Procedure to apply for study in France:
- Students who are looking for postgraduate study in France can directly download the application form from respective official websites of the universities. Application forms for the universities can also be received from the French Embassy in your respective countries.
- Students fill the application form with all relevant and efficient information and send it with all supporting documentation/certificates to the Enrolment Office of the respective institution before the closing date of application process.
- For grande ecoles in France, students have to appear for a competitive exam, Concours, which is conducted in France. To appear for this particular exam, you can apply for a special three-month competitive exam visa (visa concours). Only after clearing the exam, you will be provided with a residence permit to take the course.