Tamil Nadu Current Affairs
This page has been brought to our readers for providing all the latest events regarding Tamil Nadu Current Affairs 2016. Aspirants looking for current questions of national importance may start their preparation for upcoming exam of Tamil Nadu state. Candidates wish to acquire latest updates about recent activities related to all fields of the state must read this entire page.
Contestants may obtain all up to date information regarding Tamil Nadu Current Affairs 2016 through online mode only. Individuals, who are going to participate in any upcoming competitive examination associated with TM, may fetch entire information about latest news and event that have taken place in 2016 from this page which is created by team of recruitmentresult.com.
Tamilnadu Latest Updates
- P Dhanapal re-elected as Speaker of Tamil Nadu Assembly
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Tamil Nadu Chief Minister for sixth time
- Tamil Comedy Actor Kumarimuthu passes away
- Tiruchirapalli city wins Behavioural Change Communication Award
- Invasive species of snowflake coral discovered off coast of Thiruvananthapuram
- Chennai gets India’s first self-cleaning smart toilets
- Tamil Nadu announces free bus travel for senior citizens
- Congress and DMK tie-up for 2016 TN Assembly Polls
- TN to set up 800MW supercritical coal-based power plant
- FacTTrivia Ep One – Facts About Tamil Nadu
- No Jallikattu in Tamil Nadu this year
- Centre declares Tamil Nadu flood as ‘Calamity of Severe Nature’
- Tamil Nadu has maximum number of operational SEZs
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalitha inaugurates butterfly park
- Legendary Music Composer MS Viswanathan dies at 87
- India Signs Legal Agreement with the World Bank for IBRD Loan of US$ 400 Million
- Jayalalitha takes charge as Tamil Nadu CM for the 5th time
- Jayalalitha set to form Government in Tamil Nadu for fifth term
Tamil Nadu Current Affairs
1. Which water body is to the east of Tamil Nadu?
- Gulf of Kutch
- Bay of Bengal
- Gulf of Cambay
- Arabian Sea
2. Which state is to the west of Tamil Nadu?
3. Which ocean is to the south of Tamil Nadu?
4. Which strait separates Tamil Nadu from Sri Lanka?
5. How was Tamil Nadu formerly known?
Correct Answer: 1
6. Which is the southernmost point of Tamil Nadu?
- Blair Point
- Cape Horn
- Castle Point
- Cape Comorin
7. Which is the highest point in Tamil Nadu?
- Doda Betta
- Guru Peak
8. Which party came to power in Tamil Nadu in 1967?
9. Who was Tamil Nadu’s first non-Congress chief minister?
- C. Rajagopalachari
- M. Karunanidhi
- K. Kamaraj
10. What is the area of Tamil Nadu?
- 50,215 sq. mi.
- 77,857 sq. mi.
- 36,523 sq. mi.
- 28,412 sq. mi.
11. The “Armoured Vehicles and Ammunition Depot of India” is located in which among the following districts of Tamil Nadu?
- Thiruvallur district
- Thoothukudi District
- Thanjavur District
- Karur District
12. Who led the French forces during the “Siege of Madras”?
- Georges Duval de Leyrit
- Charles Godeheu
- Antoine Boyellau
- Thomas Arthur, Lally
13. As per the provisions of Treaty of Aix-la-Chapelle that ended the Battle of Madras, Madras was returned to the British in exchange for which among the following territories?
- Cape Breton Island
- Barrier towns
14. The Battle of Wandiwash was a part of which among the following wars?
- First Carnatic War
- Second Carnatic War
- Third Carnatic War
- First Anglo Mysore War
15. Which among the following rivers originates in Chembarambakkam Lake in Tamil Nadu?
- Cooum River
- Adyar River
- Aintharuviar River
- Chittar River
16. Who among the following built the Parthasarathy Temple?
- Narasimhavarman I
- Mahendravarman II
- Mahendravarman I
17. Who among the following was the first Indian to sit as a judge of the Madras High Court?
- P. V. Rajamannar
- T. Muthuswamy Iyer
- Sir S. Subramania Iyer
- V. T. Krishnamachari
18. Chennai is also known as “Detroit of Asia”. In which among the following states, Detriot is located in United States?
19. In which year “Matscience” was established in Tamil Nadu?
20. Sri Ramanujan was a proponent of which among the following sub schools of Vedanta?
21. Tamil Nadu is the ___________ largest state in India by area.
22. Largest district in Tamil Nadu?
23. Who is the first Governor of Tamil Nadu ( After state named as Tamil Nadu )?
- Kodardas Kalidas Shah
- Sardar Ujjal Singh
- Sir Archibald Edward Nye
- Mohan Lal Sukhadia
24. Who founded and built “Madurai Meenakshi Amman Temple”?
- Thirumalai Nayakar
- King Kulasekara Pandya
- Maravarman Sundara Pandyan
- Muthu Pillai
25. Which of the following is “State Tree” of Tamil Nadu?
- Palm Tree
- Mango Tree
- Banyan Tree
- Iron wood
26. Which of the following is “Tallest waterfall” in Tamil Nadu?
- Kolakambai Falls
- Thalaiyar Falls
- Palar Falls
- Kutralam Falls
27. Which of the following is “State Dance” of Tamil Nadu?
- Bharata Natyam
28. How many districts are there in Tamil Nadu?
29. What is the State Animal of Tamil Nadu?
- Nilgiri Tahr
- Asiatic lion
- Madurai Bull
30. Who is the first one to get Nobel from Tamil Nadu?
- Venkatraman Ramakrishnan
- Rabindranath Tagore
- Sir C.V.Raman
- Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
Those applicants who are engaged in preparing for clearing any entrance exam / quiz competitions, they must have the knowledge of current affairs. Applicants may also download the PDF of the current affairs through the online process.
Something That You Should Put An Eye On
|Meetings And Summits Current Affairs||Current Affairs for Bank Exams|
|Person in News Current Affairs||Current Indian Books and Authors|
|Committees & Schemes||Awards and Honours in India|
|Sports Current Affairs||Online Quiz|
|IQ Test||General Knowledge Online Test|