Individuals interested in designing and making the materials and fabrics used in fashion, interior Designing and even automotive Designing might consider courses in textile designing. There are lots of job Outlook/Options for the persons who want to grow their career in this area. It’s a hot career in this present era with attractive Salary Prospects so scope and demand of this profession is increasing rapidly. As a creative and inventive career Outlook, Textile Designing offers all who desires – glamour, money, and recognition. With the increasing popularity of fashion information, it became well-known.
- A number of various courses are offered at degree, diploma, postgraduate and certificate levels.
- For degree and diploma courses, the minimum eligibility is 10+2 qualified, or equivalent, in any field. Diploma courses vary from 2-4 years of time period, relying upon the course structure of the precise institute.
- For postgraduate programs, suitable qualification is graduation in textile and allied areas. Besides, 4-year diploma courses are also available for graduates or diploma holders in art, design, or connected areas.
- Courses also are open there for a10th pass student, like 3-year diploma course in dress planning and garment producing, by some recognized institutes.
- Most institutes enroll candidates through entrance tests, conducted by the institute involved. Specialized programmes in Textile Designing also are offered at postgraduate stage.
With growing market prospective for textile product, there’s a huge range of career opportunities for designers. There are various full-time jobs in garment manufacturing corporations, fashion planning agencies, textile makers, and also the retail world. They can even be employed by an expert textile designer.
Export homes additionally employ a wide range of textile designers. Growing opportunities are found with government sponsored and personal silk, handloom, khadi, jute, and craft development associations. With some expertise, textile designers can work as freelancers by providing their designs to completely different associations.
- Design studios
- Textile mills
- Export houses
- Textile dyeing and printing units
- Fashion garment houses
- Export units
- Freelancing for government and private firms
- Cottage industries, small scale industries
- Documentation & Presentation person
There is wide range of careers in the Textile industry. Some of these include:
- Fashion designer
- Product developer for fashion
- Product developer for interior design
- Home furnishings textile designer
- Automotive textile designer
- Quality assurance inspector for textiles
- Manager of textiles operations
- Freelance textiles artist
- Supply Chain Manager
- Marketing manager
- Quality assurance manager of textiles
- Research and development analyst
- Production manager
- Asst. Textile Designer
Textile designing is an extremely remunerative career choice. Fresh graduates from will earn Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 12,000 per month. With some expertise, the wage will increase 2 fold. Expertise designers will draw Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 40,000 per month in export homes. Freelance textile designers even have good job options to get vast revenues, relying upon the nature of their work.