Tips To Prepare For SSB Interview
Most of us have a dream of Joining Defence force like Army, Navy or Air Force and to join any one of these forces aspirants have to pass technically designed tests at Service Selection Boards (SSB). Here on this page we are providing 10 Golden Tips to Prepare for SSB Interview or Best Strategies to Crack Personal Interview.
Serving for your own country is really a blessing, but not all who want to have this blessing, get successful when actually trying for it, because there is a hurdle of SSB (Service Selection Board) Interview which most aspirants find difficult to clear.
So, you need not be worry as here we are providing you some prominent Tips to Prepare for SSB Interview that is analyzed by our expert professionals.
What is the meaning of SSB?
Services Selection Board is a Board that for conducts interview for those candidates, who want to join the Armed Forces of India. There is no limitation for candidates on the number of attempts to appear for interview. Candidates who have cleared UPSC Written Exam will only eligible to appear for SSB Interview.
What is meant by SSB interview?
The organization that examines the performance of candidates for admission into the Armed Forces of India is known as Services Selection Board (SSB). Services Selection Board organizes personality test, intelligence tests and interviews to check the skills of candidates. SSB interview is held at various centres in different locations over a number of days.
Tips To Prepare For SSB Interview
Interview is one to one private meeting between the candidate and the interviewer. There will be one or two Officer taking your interview in SSB. During your whole interview you have to sit on chair but the Interviewer will try to pull you from that chair by his questions.
In interview you must wear a good Dress because first impression is the last impression. Before of your interview the interviewer will make you feel comfortable by asking you about your stay, trip and accommodation at the Board. After that they start their questions to interviewee.
Do You Know: How To Prepare For SSB Interview
Some General Questions
- Why you want to Join Army/Navy/Air Force?
- Have you taken Coaching for SSB?
- Can you list your strengths?
- What is your salary expectation?
- What motivates you?
- What weaknesses do you have?
- Tell me something about your journey?
- Why should I consider hiring you?
- Where do you see yourself five years from now?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What makes a good team player?
- Is there anything that you would like to ask me?
- The most important thing is your dressing sense because your outfit is not the only thing what the interviewer is looking for, it is the thing that matters is how you are from Inside. But following some ordinary dress code will surely work in your favour.
- The way you are ready for an interview, says how accurate, clean and professional you really are. If you will be successful to impress the interviewer then you will get your dream job.
Get Best Answer: How To Dress For An Interview
Don’t do too much about your features of face as they will remain same as God has made them. Before you are going for Interview, remove all the oiliness, dust and sweat from your face and must go with a pleasing smile which refresh the interviewer’s mood.
- Hair Cut:
As all are know about the hair cut of defence candidates, even there is an also a style from their hair style that is army cut. Your Hair cut is simply suitable to your face, So, catch a proper hair cut before going to SSB Interview.
Must Read: 10 Easy Ways to Crack SSB Interview
Candidates must prefer a light colour shirt with full sleeves when going for Interview. One thing that is most important is that, you must feel easy, comfortable and confident in the clothes which you choose to wear.
If you are confuse for colour of pant then you are suggested to wear a dark colour pant that will surely improve up your personality and interviewer will impress upon you, but if you have any other idea you can try that too.
- Neck Tie & Belt and Accessories:
You can wear a good neck tie that suites your clothes and normal belt, not the fancy belts which have rotating wheel on them and wear the belts that match your shoe colour. At the time of Interview, you need to wear a gold or silver watch and must make sure that is attractive. Don’t go without leather belt with a gray buckle as it will tie your outfit together.
Also Share Your Success Stories: SSB Interview Experience
- Socks and Shoes:
You can choose dark color socks and shoes, the socks should be similar to your shoe colour, never use red color socks on black shoes. Make sure that your shoes must be properly polished and have lasses.
- Winter Dress
In winters, you can wear a coat or sweater, you can also wear the sweater inside your Shirt that will be very fine. Coat or sweater must be attractive and decent in colour. If your coat or sweater is decent in looking then interviewer may be impressed.
Check Here: Common Interview Mistakes
- Rapid Fire Questions:
The Rapid Fire Question round is not difficult at SSB it is very simple, and the questions are normally related to candidate’s life. For example they will ask you about your educational / academics qualifications, which probably you can answer like:
Rapid Fire No.1
- tell me your education qualification from 10th class onward with percentage, subjects, year and any achievement?
- Subjects which you like and why,
- subject which you didn’t liked and why,
- teacher which you like and didn’t like with reasons,
- your hobbies
Rapid Fire No.2
The second rapid fire will be about your family. It may be like:
- Tell me about all members in your family, their age, educational qualification, occupation.
- If you are faced with a problem then whom will you approach first Father of Mother.
Many more questions can be asked in another form and will be added by the IO.
Check Here: Interview Questions And Answers
Why SSB Interview Preparation is Important?
SSB Interview preparation is an important part before actually appearing to that stage because a person who knows the Best Strategies to Crack Interview, his selection is guaranteed.
Your Single mistake can spoil up your complete performance and ultimately your selection in SSB. So, you should go through the below mentioned tips so that you can’t commit any mistake during the Interview process.
Don’t try to show off in the Interview and don’t use your SMS language in Interview. We are providing you some types of questions which are generally asked in interview:
- Meaning of Father’s/Mother’s/Siblings/Your Own Name.
- Details about your religion and cast if you are strong follower to these things.
- Do you have a Girl Friend if yes then ready for follow up questions and if No then why you don’t you have one.
- Your Liking and disliking of particular matter.
- Your comparison with your Father/Mother/Brother/Sibling.
- Questions about your School Life.
- Subjects and Teacher you like and whom you don’t like that much and why?.
- Among you Father and Mother whom you like the most and why?.
- Do you smoke or drink?
Check Out: What Are Your Strength and Weakness
Questions on Games
Below we are providing some essential questions which may be asked in interview, there is no limit on questions but you can answer them easily, if you really played that particular game:
- How did you start playing this game or why you like this particular game/games.
- What are the basic rules of this game.
- Who is your favorite player and why, for which team he plays?.
- How will you organize a tournament of Football/Hockey/Cricket.
- How does a ball in Cricket/Football swings.
- What are the dimensions of the field/court used in this game.
- At what position you prefer to play.
- Name any all time great of the game.
- Name few major tournaments of the game and few domestic tournaments.
- Name the last International/Domestic tournament of the game.
START Now: Sports Quizzes for Competitive Exam
Current Affair Questions
When you are going for SSB Interview you should have complete knowledge of current affair. The questions that can be asked by interviewer as like:
- Who is the current Defence/Finance/Telecom/Home Minister of India.
- Name the entire women chief minister in India.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of FDI in Retail.
Top 10 Latest Current Affairs Questions Asked In SSB Interview 2017:
- What is the effect of demonetisation on common people?
- Who will be the chief guest of the 68th Republic Day?
- Tell me the significance of the Hambaktota port of Sri Lanka.
- What are major problems going out in East Asia?
- How South China Sea issue will affect India?
- What is the role of Srilanka and Myanmar, Nepal in Indo-China relations?
- What is the effect of ISIS links coming out in India?
- How India should deal with insurgency issues?
- Name 5 government schemes to help lower class people in India?
- How Digital India has brought swiftness in governance and policies?
हिंदी करेंट अफेयर्स प्रश्नोत्तरी: Current Affairs in Hindi
PIQ (Personal Information Questionnaire) is the question bank for your Personal Interview; Most of the questions that will ask by the Interviewer will be made on the basis of your PIQ details, which might be directly or indirectly linked to your PIQ Form.
Dear visitors! Keep visiting this web portal that is recruitmentresult.com to get latest articles about SSB Interview or others or you may also subscribe to get latest details in your inbox. If you have any query regarding Tips For SSB Interview given above, then you can simply leave a comment in comment box. We will try to solve your query as soon as possible.
Something That You Should Put an Eye On
|SSB Recruitment||SSB Syllabus|
|Police Jobs Notification||SSB Result|
|Government Jobs For Women In India||SSB Admit Card|
|Group Discussion Tips||Common Interview Mistakes|